Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

Hurts is nothing more than a Trent Dilfer QB, no reason for any big school to go after him besides depth. He doesn't turn the ball over, but doesn't really win you games. Bama doesn't win the championship last year if they don't sub him out, he can't make big plays happen against good opponents. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Hurts is nothing more than a Trent Dilfer QB, no reason for any big school to go after him besides depth. He doesn't turn the ball over, but doesn't really win you games. Bama doesn't win the championship last year if they don't sub him out, he can't make big plays happen against good opponents. 

Dude. I would have slapped your mother to have him last year or any other year since 2009 starting at Texas. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with anything he said. He handled the NC aftermath like a pro. He handled the Barkley thing hilariously. I've got nothing but respect for the young man. I'm still not sure what kind of leader Sam is going to be, but if he's anything like Hurts, we're in good shape.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Welcome to manhood.  Try not to Baker Mayfield it on your way out of T-town.  Maintain some dignity, if possible. 

I'm sure aggy is ready to team him up with the greatest coach of all time in Jimbo... 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I don't have a problem with anything he said. He handled the NC aftermath like a pro. He handled the Barkley thing hilariously. I've got nothing but respect for the young man. I'm still not sure what kind of leader Sam is going to be, but if he's anything like Hurts, we're in good shape.

Sam who?

6 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I read he is on track to graduate in three years. Despite his poor showing in that video teams from around the country will be lining up to have him start there in 2019. 

He is on track to graduate in Dec. With the new redshirt rule, if he loses out on the job, he could take this as a redshirt year, get his undergrad degree and grad transfer somewhere else and play two years, after this season. 

• Like 2

He is on track to graduate in Dec. With the new redshirt rule, if he loses out on the job, he could take this as a redshirt year, get his undergrad degree and grad transfer somewhere else and play two years, after this season. 

Rb?

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

He can't "take this as a redshirt year."

Saban has to give him a redshirt.  

But I'm sure Nick Saban will out of the goodness of his heart provide that for him so that he can play two years somewhere else, even though that would leave Bama with a freshman as backup QB. 

Especially because Saban has always been such a big proponent of the grad transfer rule.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Poor Alabama and Jalen Hurts. I hope it works out for both of these downtrodden, unrecognized, unpraised, and unlucky entities. I’m really cheering for both sides to have a happy ending. 

Or a ball gargling, at least?

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He can't "take this as a redshirt year."

Saban has to give him a redshirt.  

But I'm sure Nick Saban will out of the goodness of his heart provide that for him so that he can play two years somewhere else, even though that would leave Bama with a freshman as backup QB. 

Especially because Saban has always been such a big proponent of the grad transfer rule.

I do not think you understand the concept of redshirting. If he plays in four games or less, it’s not Saban who grants him a redshirt. 

When he graduates, it’s not up to Saban anymore. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lhorn said:

You mean a program that is allowed to take pretty much pick any blue chip prospect they want is eventually going to have a problem with guys dissatisfied with getting recruited over?  I’m shocked I tells ya. 

You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em, know when to walk away, know when to run......

11 hours ago, bamachine said:

I wonder if Meyer went to Kansas, if Hurts would follow; at least the Jayhawks could win the FCS games on the schedule... I don't think it happens though...

10 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I do not think you understand the concept of redshirting. If he plays in four games or less, it’s not Saban who grants him a redshirt. 

When he graduates, it’s not up to Saban anymore. 

In that case, he can just focus on completing his needed courses to graduate while looking at offers of where to transfer...

• Machinator changed the title to Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU