Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

17 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I do not think you understand the concept of redshirting. If he plays in four games or less, it’s not Saban who grants him a redshirt. 

If Hurts is on athletic scholarship, it's not Hurts's decision to play in four games or less; it's Saban's.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2018/08/05/jalen-hurts-mom-speaks-out/

Jalen Hurts’ Mom Speaks Out

Jalen Hurts’ mother took to Facebook to express her feelings about the criticism Hurts has faced after he spoke to the media during Alabama’s Fan Day.

“Wow ignorance is blissed,” Pamela Hurts said in a Facebook status. “When has Jalen ever spoken to media about anything other than the team? When has he ever whined, pouted or talk about what “y’all” don’t know takes place behind the scenes? There’s a reason why players aren’t allowed to speak to the media. Jalen spoke his truth, finally, after 3 years of being compliant and controlled. You have no idea what is and has been going on— and most likely, never will.”

“Folks quick to speak highly on his character and demeanor, but know he is completely opposite of those accolades today. If you can turn on this young man today and not your president for any of his rhetoric, you were never with him to begin with,” Hurts added.

Jalen Hurts set social media on fire on Saturday when he spoke to the media. His words seem to shine a light on miscommunication between him and Alabama’s coaching staff.

“Coaches can’t control the situation. They will dictate who plays, but as for other variations to it they can’t control it. This whole spring, ever since the title game, they kind of wanted to let it play out. I guess they didn’t think it was a thing or they tried to let it die down like it was not there, because there has always been an elephant in the room. The whole spring, coaches included, no one asked me how I felt. No one asked me what was on my mind.” 

Hurts also ensured that he was not leaving this season.

“I told him [Nick Saban] in June that I would be here,” he said. “It was never a decision made regarding me leaving. That was something that the general media placed on me and it’s something I never said. With that, I told him I’ll be here. And then they talk about how I’m about to graduate in January and how I should leave.”

Alabama has yet to name a starting quarterback. All eyes will be on Tua and Jalen as they continue to battle it out.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Bring him in next year and let him compete with Rising for the job. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane grad transfers and Sam is Sam.

Shane will be our starter next week. Rising will play in the second half. Sam is done for a while. 

20 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Shane will be our starter next week. Rising will play in the second half. Sam is done for a while. 

I don’t see that happening. Would like to  as if nothing else it would honor the line Herman has been preaching re:competition. Sam didn’t do enough to keep being starter. 

15 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I just don't recall ever seeing SEC announcers rag on an SEC QB so hard. It was odd, to me at least. Maybe Saban paid them to get the message across to Hurts since he couldn't talk to the guy himself.

As a player, you do not speak out against Satan........ err Saban....

Jalen will be just fine.  He is tough and his feet are unhappy.  His mind is serene.  He's the only college or pro football player or coach I have ever heard use work "stoic" in an interview (postgame 2016 SECCG).  I am not, however, familiar with all Mike Leach interviews.

10 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

He played winning football yesterday, showing pluck and grit.  We are one Tua scramble and ACL away from needing him in a big way; Mac Jones, too.  I'm more concerned about the D, but I ain't crying.

It would be damned fantastic if we Longhorn fans could scribe a post similar to this one.

• 4 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU