Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Fields is likely going to play next year. He already has the attorney that represented Shea Patterson last year. 

His argument is racial discrimination because some baseball player in the stands (since kicked off the team), when UGA was way ahead said, "Let the N play!"

Of course, his sister goes to UGA and loves it so its a pretty weak argument.

7 minutes ago, SDG said:

Odd, but leach has worked about magic before  

If you want to maximize your draft value in the current environment, position yourself to the NFL as a spread QB.  No more credible way to do so than to play for the OG Air Raid coach.  Just like everyone was trying to by a dot com in 1999.

20 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

If you want to maximize your draft value in the current environment, position yourself to the NFL as a spread QB.  No more credible way to do so than to play for the OG Air Raid coach.  Just like everyone was trying to by a dot com in 1999.

It's amazing how fast the NFL is shifting away from pro-style offenses.

9 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I thought you got a dude from Pitt?  Either way, this makes a ton of sense because Les likes him a non throwing QB and Hurts would almost definitely start day one at KU would he not?

The kid from Pitt never played. Went juco. Got hurt. Came to Ku. He’s played in like 2 games in two years. Would love hurts and he’d still be the best passer on the roster day one.  

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Would not scare me

Agreed.

Riley had 20 months to work with Mayfield before his first start.  He had 32 months with Murray.  Both of those guys came from spread passing attacks at their previous colleges.  And Mayfield was immersed in it at Lake Travis as well.  Hurts has none of those factors in his favor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hasn't OU recruited some pretty good QBs of late?  It would seem like they would be pretty fucking pissed at all the romancing of the transfer portal now that Mayfield and the Midge have gone.  

If Kendall transfers, we have one scholarship quarterback this spring. Hurts would be as much depth as he is a competitor for QB1. 

Much like everything else we penn these xyz at BkowU will suck for the following and the polar opposite happens.  Hurts is like 50-2 he will go the belly tatt get a whistle visor and proceed to win every game he plays except us and they will lose in the playoffs. It always fucking happens 

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Between BlowU and Miami, which OL is expected to be better in 2019??

Seems like that would be a factor for Jalen....

Miami is a complete clusterfuck. I watched their game against BC in person and they were so obviously more athletic and so obviously fucking clueless. I'm not sure Hurts can fix that, even if he solves their Rozier/Perry QB mess.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Miami is a complete clusterfuck. I watched their game against BC in person and they were so obviously more athletic and so obviously fucking clueless. I'm not sure Hurts can fix that, even if he solves their Rozier/Perry QB mess.

Suspected that..... Won't be surprised if Wonderboy Riley starts his 3rd consecutive transfer QB for 2019 Season....

Lucky Son O' __________

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Meh.  Maybe, but you should make sure to kick that ass in December too.  I'm sure OU would take a repeat of last year every year. 

Ha yeah that rematch sucked for many reasons. Mainly cause I had a fucking seizure in the first quarter. I thought I was dying when it happened. When I started to black out my last thought was “oh fuck am I dying? And if so, is the last thing I’m going to see in my life is Kyler fucking Murray completing a pass in a Texas-OU game played at fucking Jerry world!?!?” 

Ha yeah that rematch sucked for many reasons. Mainly cause I had a fucking seizure in the first quarter. I thought I was dying when it happened. When I started to black out my last thought was “oh fuck am I dying? And if so, is the last thing I’m going to see in my life is Kyler fucking Murray completing a pass in a Texas-OU game played at fucking Jerry world!?!?” 

You serious? I’ve never had any recollection of a gran mal

Dead serious. Woke up about 10-15 mins later surrounded by ems(was at my house) then they loaded me up and took me to the hospital where luckily they had a tv in the room they put me. Unfortunately the game didn’t go the way we wanted, but the Georgia game kind of made up for that. Though the thought of beating ou twice in the same season was a fun fantasy while it lasted. Whatever. We’ll get those cOcksUkers back next year 

• Machinator changed the title to Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU