Davion Curtis to transfer

ButtFumble

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2018/8/18/17690766/davion-curtis-transfer-texas-longhorns-wide-receiver

as the report says 3rd in the past 7 days or so

they all seem to be leaving on good terms and because they feel they are not going to get playing time

Texas has a shit tonne or spots open for recruiting at this point so I think it is more critical now than ever to have a big season and fill these available spots with really high quality players

this year seems to be bigger and bigger as far as really showing progress and keeping recruiting at a high level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Always a little sad to me. They're more than just slots on a roster. Hope he finds a spot where he can play.

Yeah, I like any kid smart enough to choose Texas. And it's a bigger disappoint to the players than the fans when it doesn't work out.

Hope he finds the right school to keep playing this glorious game.

at this point i would have to think that Herman is encouraging some of these players to go elsewhere as I said before I hope he has a plan and it works out because there are going to be a lot of recruiting spots open and right now recruiting is looking pretty good, but to cap it off with an extremely large class Texas needs to have a very good season (especially relative to the past decade or so)

20 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

at this point i would have to think that Herman is encouraging some of these players to go elsewhere as I said before I hope he has a plan and it works out because there are going to be a lot of recruiting spots open and right now recruiting is looking pretty good, but to cap it off with an extremely large class Texas needs to have a very good season (especially relative to the past decade or so)

I don't know if Curtis was one of those "encouraged" to move on, but the reality is that this is his third year in the program and he's still stuck at 3rd/4th at Z receiver, and the guys we have coming in are no slouches, either.

44 minutes ago, jettrink said:

Sorry but the dude has never entered my mind.  He may be great but I don't recognize the name.  Same with many others buried on the chart,  Why recruit them if you're not gonna use them.  This isn't the 60's.

Because you recruit today to upgrade what you have on your roster. You’re right, it’s not the 60s. You can’t guarantee that a senior will be better than a freshman. Even though Curtis is a sophomore, he was passed up by a guy or guys who are stronger, faster, better route runners, practice harder, and he’s buried in the depth chart. Hate Herman all you want. This is how it is now and this is how other successful programs operate. Get better or get passed up.

35 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Because you recruit today to upgrade what you have on your roster. You’re right, it’s not the 60s. You can’t guarantee that a senior will be better than a freshman. Even though Curtis is a sophomore, he was passed up by a guy or guys who are stronger, faster, better route runners, practice harder, and he’s buried in the depth chart. Hate Herman all you want. This is how it is now and this is how other successful programs operate. Get better or get passed up.

we lose our guys who are recruited over to lessers programs and  get the small school standouts who want a bigger stage as a grad transfer/transfer. 

like we are scouring the nation for grad transfer LBs and DL this next cycle.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
31 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Been a hell of a journey - he was a class of 2016 who went from Texas, to Tyler Junior College, to McNeese State (with Sterlin Gilbert), and now to Oklahoma.  This is his 6th season but I feel like he might still have one more transfer left in him. 

He's not being counted on in Norman. Hope he gets a degree.