2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

McCann scoring from 1st is my sports highlight of 2018 so far.

There's nothing like laughing your ass ass off, followed by a "Fuck yeah, he made it!!!"

I must also give credit to Marwin for his Baryshnikov impression on the double play while holding the runner at 3rd.  Most fucking impressive!!! 

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Starting pitching update through 29 starts:

IP - 179.4

ERA - 2.51

WHIP - 1.01

BAA - .202

K/9 - 10.84

P/GS - 97.2

Not to mention 3.16FIP and 3.18xFIP (both are leading the majors). Worth noting that our defense has been stellar with a 0.65 differential between ERA and FIP. We haven't committed an error since April 18 (ten games).

5 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Starting pitching update through 29 starts:

IP - 179.4

ERA - 2.51

WHIP - 1.01

BAA - .202

K/9 - 10.84

P/GS - 97.2

que para K/ first 5 innings?   LOLz. 

'bout 9?

7 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

SO - 216

BB - 51

Yo no entiendo. ¿Qué fue lo que pasó? 

I was just fucking around.  If we could eliminate Tony Sipp and Smith, those pitching stats would be even more spectacular.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I was just fucking around.  If we could eliminate Tony Sipp and Smith, those pitching stats would be even more spectacular.

While I agree most vigorously 100%, those numbers are just for the starting pitchers.  No Sipp or Smith stank in that data.  Although DK's numbers are plenty ripe in comparison to his cohorts.

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The one area lacking is they are 5/9 in save opportunities. 

5 saves and 19 wins.

4 blown saves in 10 losses.

I think that shit is purdy good.  I like Will Harris, Devo, and McHugh out of the pen.

Giles, Peacock, and Co need continued improvement.

Keuchel has earned MORE than the benefit of the doubt and McCullers hopefully has his worst innings behind him with some recent badass starts.

Edited by slorch

Not a fan of “if you take out...” stats, but...if you take out LMJ’s 4th inning in Minnesota, what do the starter stats look like?

LMJ’s ERA drops from 3.71 to 1.64.

(gave up 8 in that 1 inning. Has given up 6 in his other 33)

Edited by UTexasFight

If you take out any time the Yankees were a likeable team, then they have been hateable douchebags forever.

Oh wait...that amount of time is still zero...   douchers forever.  Fuck the pinstripe motherfuckers.

Go Astros!!!

Edited by slorch

41 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Not a fan of “if you take out...” stats, but...if you take out LMJ’s 4th inning in Minnesota, what do the starter stats look like?

LMJ’s ERA drops from 3.71 to 1.64.

(gave up 8 in that 1 inning. Has given up 6 in his other 33)

Nothing wrong with doing that in this case as that one inning is a clear outlier. 

stats are for losers - as Lil Keke says, fuck 'em all, I'ma ball, chop it up on the slab.

i wouldnt be surprised to see the yanks come out tonight playing well, even with the travel. adrenaline is a helluva drug, however, I can see them coming out like shit tomorrow when it all settles down. we win tonight, at worst we'll split. we win tonight, we're taking 3/4. 

fuck the yankees and fuck jay-z.

17 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

stats are for losers - as Lil Keke says, fuck 'em all, I'ma ball, chop it up on the slab.

i wouldnt be surprised to see the yanks come out tonight playing well, even with the travel. adrenaline is a helluva drug, however, I can see them coming out like shit tomorrow when it all settles down. we win tonight, at worst we'll split. we win tonight, we're taking 3/4. 

fuck the yankees and fuck jay-z.

This feels right.

we should fuck up Gray and Yanks should win Wed behind Severino going against DK... which means neither will likely happen

I’ll go with:

Yankes

Astros

Astros

leaving it to LMJ vs Tanaka to decide if we split or win 3-1

Edited by UTexasFight

4 hours ago, Player said:

We need to show Helobious how special he is the minute he steps foot in here. 

Oooh show me please. Lucky for you guys, a Yankees sweep would mean that they'd leave Houston on a 12 game winning streak, which is pretty damn impossible for a non-Indians team to do. I'm feeling a split or a 3-1 Yankee series win if they catch some breaks. P.S. good luck keeping Stanton out of the Crawford boxes. 

YawningAgedBasil-size_restricted.gif

• Fuck You 3