2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I’ll be back Tuesday evening to see how y’all have torn this team down for the rebuild.

Bregman will have mucho trade value when he wins Player of the Month.  Think we’re stuck with that Verlander guy after his last two outings and huge contract. 

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

I know the All Star game is just a glorified popularity contest, but all you fucks who fuck around on here can take 2 minutes and vote for Alex Bregman

Pretty impossible for him to catch Jose Ramirez I think, but we can at least try.  

I know the All Star game is just a glorified popularity contest, but all you fucks who fuck around on here can take 2 minutes and vote for Alex Bregman
Pretty impossible for him to catch Jose Ramirez I think, but we can at least try.  

Call out obliged.

Got my 5 votes in for today.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mbtex said:

Glad to be out of that dump of a ballpark. 

So fitting Blomez calls it home.  As stadiums go, it takes a mighty cut at it, but ends up falling down.

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

So going back to beginning of 2017, out of 18 chances, Astros have had pitcher or player of the month 6 times. Not bad. Not bad.

Keuchel (April)
LMJ (May)
Correa (May)
Altuve (July)

Verlander (May)
Bregman (June)

Springer and Morton both won November 2017.

• Like 3

Too bad about McCann.  Glad Stassi has stepped up this year.  Trade for a catcher now?

Nope. Stassi and Federowicz will do do fine. Stubbs is having a good year in Fresno if needed. McCann will be back for the homestretch. If you trade for a catcher, what do you do when Brian comes back?