2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

I don't care who ya are...

That's badass that his momma and daddy got to see this crowd support their boy like that... along with the production he brought to the game today.

Well done.

18 minutes ago, Player said:

This is the reason you should go back to lurking on this thread. JFC

Thank you for the great explanation.

It's far too difficult to simply reply, "A balk only affects baserunners"

No Questions At All.  Go Astros!

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Player said:

The fact that you even had to ask the question...

Ah, never mind. There’s room on the bandwagon, even for fucking idiots like you.

again, thanks for extending the spirit of the thread.

Now you can finish deepthroating Helobius.  Sorry to have interrupted.  

Marisnick will make the postseason roster irrespective of how Tucker performs. They might have sent Jake down at this point given that Kemp only has one option left. 
Sorry if this has already been addressed but there are no limits to moving players with options if that player has options left. It counts against his option year only and the player can be moved an unlimited number of times in that given year.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The Astros have shown interest in White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.

I call bullshit on this. The only way this could be true is if Correa’s injury is more serious than is being portrayed.

Yeah that seems strange...unless, to your point, they think Yuli can play 3rd most days and Bregman can play SS... 

Abreu wouldn't be a rental - he has at least another year on his deal. Would there be that much difference between what we'd give up for Abreu compared to Machado? Because if this is all about Correa being out, wouldn't it make more sense to acquire the guy who can play SS or 3B? 

Probably just doing their due diligence, I guess...

I agree that a third baseman would be better because it gives them more lineup options if something is up with Correa.  Yuli at 3rd isn't ideal for any length of time and it would make them not have to count on Marwin's bat.

Edited by kevwun