2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Whatever happens in Oakland tonight, it’s good for the Astros.  If The A’s hang on, they catch the Yankees.  If the Yanks come back, they get another game on the A’s in the division.   Moral of the story, take care of your business early and good things happen.

It is MUCH better for the Astros for the A’s to lose. Yankees’ losses have very little impact on the Astros.

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It is MUCH better for the Astros for the A’s to lose. Yankees’ losses have very little impact on the Astros.

Given my druthers, I’d take the A’s loss, but standing in second position for home field advantage is nothing to sneeze at.  If the Astros keep taking care of their business, it doesn’t matter if they win the division by 2.5 or 12.5.   

3 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Anything can causes Helobius major angst can’t be all bad. 

How entertaining would it be to see the A’s swipe home field in the wild card game?

I don’t think it will happen, though.  The starters on the DL is going to catch up with the A’s real soon.  They are just now making it through their first turn through the makeshift rotation.  The second or third time through, it is going to start showing.  

And here come the Yankees in the 7th.  

Given my druthers, I’d take the A’s loss, but standing in second position for home field advantage is nothing to sneeze at.  If the Astros keep taking care of their business, it doesn’t matter if they win the division by 2.5 or 12.5.   

WC team doesn’t get homefield over a division winner, regardless of record.

Happy for the win, but here are my random complaints:

1) Devo is the new Giles. I'm getting to the point where I think he will be left off the playoff roster.
2) I can't stand Correa's approach at the plate. He'd much rather swing at a pitch that bounces in front of home plate than the grooved first pitches down the middle.

1 hour ago, UTHornFan014 said:

1) Devo is the new Giles. I'm getting to the point where I think he will be left off the playoff roster.
2) I can't stand Correa's approach at the plate. He'd much rather swing at a pitch that bounces in front of home plate than the grooved first pitches down the middle.

1) Yes, Devo isn’t right, McCullers will make him expendable. 

2) It’s been obvious to me that Correa has been just guessing on pitches for quite a while. Not reacting, but guessing. How he’s gotten to that point, I don’t know. 

Shit’s got to change, though, or he needs to drop from the 4 hole. 

3.5 up on Oakland...time to bury them.  Hope it was fun for em while it lasted but it's time to show why they're pretenders and we're contenders.

I could see them making a “dead cat bounce” in the standings over the weekend (they have the Rangers) and get to 1.5 or 2.5 one last time but that’ll be it.
We’ll have a 6+ game lead by the first day of fall.

10 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

It's maddening to watch. He takes the best first pitches of anyone on the team. 

oakland needed to be in position to take over first during our series with the red sox.  as of now, they are not.  even if we were all tied up with 7-10 days left, the end of the astros schedule doesn't give you a lot of confidence if you're cheering for the a's.  take one or two in boston, and it's all over but the crying.

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oakland needed to be in position to take over first during our series with the red sox.  as of now, they are not.  even if we were all tied up with 7-10 days left, the end of the astros schedule doesn't give you a lot of confidence if you're cheering for the a's.  take one or two in boston, and it's all over but the crying.

You probably count down outs in the last three innings of playoff games. 

Stop.  

49 minutes ago, Scraps said:
56 minutes ago, Ichabod said:
I hope we clinch against the Angels, Sunday the 23rd. Last regular season home game

Just announced they will do replica rings that day as well. So 9/17 and 9/23 if you haven't got one and want one

Hot damn, I bought tickets for the Sept 23 game back on Monday. 

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You probably count down outs in the last three innings of playoff games. 

Stop.  

nope, just a realistic baseball fan with the intelligence of an adult.

i didn't say anything was a sure thing or "in the bag", i just put my opinion of the mindset of an a's fan. 

get over it.