2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

and that's what aces do.  after all, he's obsessed with the number 3.

in a weird way, that's almost better?  let's get some momentum and score some runs.

re: 170 pitches - i would think he's good for 120.  pitch count isn't his issue though, it's that one weird inning where he just loses it.  and it's rarely his last inning.  hopefully we just saw his bad one.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

and that's what aces do.  after all, he's obsessed with the number 3.

in a weird way, that's almost better?  let's get some momentum and score some runs.

re: 170 pitches - i would think he's good for 120.  pitch count isn't his issue though, it's that one weird inning where he just loses it.  and it's rarely his last inning.  hopefully we just saw his bad one.

Yep. And for sure, anyone else on the mound for us after that bad call doesnt shut down the next batter. They score 2 to 4 instead. Verlander is the fucking man, but you shouldnt have to beat both the umps and the winningest team in baseball at the same time. 

13 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I hate to be a conspiracy fucker, but it's hard not to think mlb has sent out an edict: we want boston to advance

As a conspiracy theorist myself, you would think the league would want the Sox to win in 6 in Boston to maximize value. Maybe even let it get to game 7 if they can control the outcome. Game 7s are high revenue. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

To be fair, that last pitch was just inside the TV strike zone rectangle. He made it look like a ball though. For sure, it would have been a ball if an Astro was pitching though. 

it definitely wasn't the worst called strike this game, or even that inning, but he definitely looked surprised.