2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

i like the idea of getting jake out there for a verlander game.  when he's on, he induces weak fly balls.  we saw last night what outfield defense can do.  i also like the idea of having reddick as a lefty off the bench. 

Plus Jake will get a 2 out 2nd inning HR when Boston gets aggressive going after him ahead of Bregs

6 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Brad Lidge on the radio this afternoon - "The Call didn't change the outcome because the Astros would have just kept Charlie Morton in longer and thus given up more runs (than 8.)"

If there's one thing Brad Lidge knows, it's giving up runs in the playoffs.  I'll defer to the guru, here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

CC in the 4 hole, interesting.

I think he has turned a corner.  His swing looked a lot better last night.  He has started hitting with some pop again.  I don't expect him to turn on one and bounce it off the train tracks just yet, but he's heading in the right direction and isn't taking timid, 3/4 speed swings anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I don’t like switching lineups every game, seems like a panic move instead of sticking with what won you a title. But whatever let’s go!

I guess we mostly had a standard playoff lineup last year but in the regular season we changed it up all the time.