Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, McCroskey said:

No shit.  But are we saying now an accusation alone without any corroborating evidence whatsoever is sufficient to preventing an individual from being confirmed?  That's absurd.

No, it isn't. This is a political appointment. Senators are free to vote against him for whatever reason they want.

1 minute ago, McCroskey said:

No shit.  But are we saying now an accusation alone without any corroborating evidence whatsoever is sufficient to preventing an individual from being confirmed?  That's absurd.

And 2 years ago, a very-qualified person with no accusations whatsoever was prevented by the fuckstick GOP from being confirmed.  It's politics idiot.

• Like 4

A credible one is.

Hell, our prisons are full of people CONVICTED of crimes on the basis of the eyewitness testimony of a single person.

In fairness, most of them are minorities, so I can see why you’re confused.
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

So voting against an individual being confirmed to a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court because you believe that he has committed sexual assault is absurd.

Is refusing to allow an individual to be confirmed and leaving an empty seat on the Supreme Court for over a year because you just don't wanna do it absurd?

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

In a court of law.   Not in a job interview. 

while true, imagine he didn't do it. how shitty is it that someone should go through all of this and have his career damaged to this extent simply on the fact that somebody lie and said he did. seems like to damage his career like this there should be more than a story.

Just now, po elvis said:

while true, imagine he didn't do it. how shitty is it that someone should go through all of this and have his career damaged to this extent simply on the fact that somebody lie and said he did. seems like to damage his career like this there should be more than a story.

As soon as someone is accused of sexual assault something terrible has happened. Either it happened or it didn't, either possibility means someone's life has been horribly damaged.

But your last sentence doesn't follow in any way, shape, or form. For most sexual assaults there isn't anything more than a story. Most perpetrators of sexual assault don't sign a statement saying they did it, don't film it and mail it to the police, and don't even admit they did it.

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

There's a ton more.   There is the circumstantial evidence of her credibility.   There are other sworn accusers.   There are accounts of classmates about his drunken debauchery.   And she — not Kavanaugh — is asking the FBI to look into all of it.   

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Imagine that he did do it. How shitty is it that someone should go through all of this and have her life damaged to this extent simply on the fact that she spoke up about what happened. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I would have taken her case pro bono, and my partners would have supported me 100%. Lots of lawyers do things like this pro bono. We are ultimately performing a service for our system of justice. I’d be proud to do so.

That would have been great.  "Mr. Chairman, what the fuck do you mean we only get 30 minutes for lunch? I strenuously object"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

This woman is a smokescreen to help them save their own asses. Except for Lindsey Graham. He's too fucking stupid to understand the plan. 

He just threatens to bring forth false witnesses to shoot down future D SCOTUS nominations...

3 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

This woman is a smokescreen to help them save their own asses. Except for Lindsey Graham. He's too fucking stupid to understand the plan. 

Yep, I said earlier that Ted Cruz wants no part in questioning her when his race is already as tight as it is.