Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

Kavanaugh looks nervous as fuck. 

If he did do this or honestly doesn't remember this happening, if he would have come out and said I did it, I drank too much and behaved in a manner I"m not proud of and regret it to this day. He would be confirmed no problem.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Yes. Well he didn't support them but he believed that it was within the rights of States to impose poll taxes.

Which may well have been a fully appropriate legal position.  I don't remember this and am not going to get dragged into a legal debate on the point, since it has absolutely nothing to do with Kavanaugh's nomination hearing.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

If he did do this or honestly doesn't remember this happening, if he would have come out and said I did it, I drank too much and behaved in a manner I"m not proud of and regret it to this day. He would be confirmed no problem.

Yep. He shouldn’t be because we should take sexual assault much more seriously but if he did that Republicans would vote him up as soon as he finished the sentence 

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, that was a pretty stupid comment for him to make. 

Not excusing his behavior, but the dude is trying to get re-elected from what amounts to Trumpville and re-election imminent.  Playing both sides is dangerous, but his political career is sunk if he doesn't bitch out like this.

Just now, SizzleChest said:

Not excusing his behavior, but the dude is trying to get re-elected from what amounts to Trumpville and re-election imminent.  Playing both sides is dangerous, but his political career is sunk if he doesn't bitch out like this.

His political career should be over for even suggesting that

2 minutes ago, sachick said:

honestly, it is this easy. "i don't remember the incident in question, but i did have a bit of a wild streak in high school. i apologize for anything i did, and for dr ford's feelings in this matter. what she said i did seems to have caused long term pain for her, and i regret that i had that impression on her. i've subsequently learned that being an immature high school student would not advance my collegiate or professional goals."

fin. supreme court justice kavanaugh.