Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

It was an ok speech.
I admit I vigorously attempt to drown out pro trump speech. I suppose not bloody sportsman of me old chap for that, but just trying to save the Republic and all. Terribly sorry about that. Beg forgiveness and pardon.

Y’all win, I will lurk. I would like to partake in the Astros thread as they try to repeat.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stros said:

Very few people oppose y’all in here, because for 1 the cloak room sucks. The other is because y’all can’t handle someone having a different opinion on politics than you. So you neg them to ban nation. Carry on with circle jerking each other off in your trumpophobia.

trumpophobia-
The fear of Trump's existence...
I HAVE TRUMPOPHOBIA!!!!! WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!

giphy.gif

Politico on accuser

“Right after I broke up with her, she was threatening my family, threatening my wife and threatening to do harm to my baby at that time,” Vinneccy said in a telephone interview with POLITICO. "I know a lot about her.”

"She’s not credible at all,” he said. “Not at all.”

“My phone has not stopped since this morning. Everyone is calling,” Vinneccy said.

Vinneccy, 63, is a registered Democrat, according to Miami-Dade County voting records.

Edited by dOUblewide
  • Like 1

Avenatti's response from the article linked by doublewide

Reached late Wednesday, Avenatti said he knew nothing of a restraining order and called the line of inquiry irrelevant.

"Complete nonsense. No truth to this at all. Her ex-boyfriend fraudulently used her resume to apply for and obtain jobs and was caught by her," said Avenatti. “Why are you all attacking a sexual assault victim? Would that be appropriate in a court of law?”

Citing the sensitive nature of the case and the explosive politics surrounding it, Vinneccy said he wanted to talk to an attorney first before further discussing the case, which has kept him occupied all day.

Dailywire info on Swertnik

"Roughly a decade ago, Ms. Swetnick was involved in a dispute with her former employer, New York Life Insurance Co., over a sexual-harassment complaint she filed, according to people familiar with the matter," The Wall Street Journalreported late Tuesday. "Representing her in the complaint was the firm run by Debra Katz, the lawyer currently representing Dr. Ford. The company ultimately reached a financial settlement with Ms. Swetnick, the people said."

A spokesperson for New York Life told The Wall Street Journal that Swetnick worked for the organization for less than two years. The Journal notes that Swetnick did not list her employment at New York Life Insurance on a resume of hers that they reviewed. The Journal adds that a spokeswoman for Katz refused to comment.

• Like 1

from the same dailywire link

Swetnick also claims to have a security clearance with the IRS despite having recently had a $40,000 judgement against her for unpaid taxes. She settled a $40,303 IRS judgement on March 23 of this year, according to a public records search. Maryland court records show a $62,821 tax lien filed against her on Oct. 2, 2015.

strasshedcut_bigger.jpg

More: Judiciary Committee sent letter today to Ford's attnys requesting 1) audio/visual recordings taken during Fords's polygraph; and 2) charts/data used in drawing polygraph conclusions. Ford's attnys just now refused to supply, saying such material not "important." Really?

•  
  •  
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:
strasshedcut_bigger.jpg

More: Judiciary Committee sent letter today to Ford's attnys requesting 1) audio/visual recordings taken during Fords's polygraph; and 2) charts/data used in drawing polygraph conclusions. Ford's attnys just now refused to supply, saying such material not "important." Really?

•  
  •  

They could subpoena that stuff, but you know who could get that information pretty easily?

The FBI.

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Thirteen days later, the case was dismissed, not long after an affidavit of non-ability to advance fees was filed.

LOL

That guy's story had me scratching my head.  Apparently they had dated for 4 years, but he is quoted in the story as saying:

“Right after I broke up with her, she was threatening my family, threatening my wife and threatening to do harm to my baby at that time,” Vinneccy said in a telephone interview with POLITICO. "I know a lot about her.”

So let me get this straight - you were dating her for 4 years, broke up with her, and you had a wife and baby right after you broke up?  Like, she was your mistress for 4 years?  Not sure this guy sounds like the expert on credibility.

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

She said he was present during her gang rape.   

But she admitted she was drunk!  If girls didn't get drunk, guys wouldn't hold them down and fuck them against their will.  It's really her fault.  Everyone knows that, even the president.

Just now, TexArcher said:

But she admitted she was drunk!  If girls didn't get drunk, guys wouldn't hold them down and fuck them against their will.  It's really her fault.  Everyone knows that, even the president.

That isn’t the point. She was intentionally vague about him being present.  What does that mean?

3 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Couldn't help yourself, Tahoe?   Don't worry, the next guy will be from the list too. 

That's who that post reminded me of even though I couldn't place it. Also seems like it's something TahoeHorn liked to say.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/127720-Boldin-traded-to-SF?p=5073158&viewfull=1#post5073158

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/80992-Deal-With-OL-Corch-Grimes-Close?p=2429948&viewfull=1#post2429948

I wish he would have just come back with the same username if this is him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

She said he was present during her gang rape.   

I am unclear what "present" means.  Is it present at the party or present at the rape?  The affidavit has a number of such unclear statements.  Another ambiguity is "witnessed efforts to ...".  What the fuck does that mean?

I just ran into a friend at breakfast who ran for Senate at one time, and he said that his 5 boys went to Georgetown Prep and that all the stories we are hearing are exactly the way it is there. His boys hosted house parties at his house many times, but he said his boys did not do anything wrong.

He told me that one night he went downstairs and a girl was passed out drunk on the sofa. He told his boys that someone should take her home and the said they couldn't because it was Gore's daughter. So he an his wife put her in the back seat of their car and took her to the VP's home and dropped her off once they got past the Secret Service.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I'm going to withhold judgement...until you tell me what she was wearing. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dOUblewide said:

I bet a lot of women would like to know that if they have an IRS judgement or lean against them it would make them immune to any kind of sexual assault. I'm guessing pretty much all of them would rather go the IRS route. You should share the good news with all the women you know. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Present?  In the house?  At the party?   In the bedroom?  Come the fuck on.  

The statement says that it was a gang rape where he was present.  Perhaps she really meant to say one of those other things that she didn't say.   I fully support a thorough investigation to get clarity and test the truthfulness of her statement.

From Coyote blog:

It is not even necessary to opine on the veracity of this accusation, because it almost does not matter.  Because the fact of its being made has, no matter what the outcome, proved America to be a far worse place than we woke up believing this morning.  If the accuser is being truthful, then gang rape is a fact of life in our high schools, and everyone is powerless or no one cares to lift a hand to prevent it or stop it -- made all the worse by the leadership of boys who would become future leaders of this country.  And if she is lying, then we see someone shamelessly lying to destroy a man in the name of politics, aided and abetted and enabled by many of the top politicians in this country and perhaps a third of its citizenry.  We are either living in a brutal post-apocalyptic misogynist free-for-all or in a political system corrupted to its very foundation.

Actually, from what I read on Twitter, we are actually living in a superposition of these two, a Schrodinger's nightmare where both are considered true simultaneously by half the population.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I was wondering why there were so many fucking ads with women talking about how great BK is.  Doesn't mean he's guilty but someone sure as fuck knew there was a good chance something like this was coming. 

And all this bickering is just fun and games.  Dude is toast. 

The ads on CNN tonight were paid for by Judicial Crisis Network, a Conservative group.  They rounded up some of his high school female friends as character witnesses.

The obvious problem with that defense is that rapists don't rape every single woman they ever meet.

Just now, TexArcher said:

The ads on CNN tonight were paid for by Judicial Crisis Network, a Conservative group.  They rounded up some of his high school female friends as character witnesses.

The obvious problem with that defense is that rapists don't rape every single woman they ever meet.

Tell that to any woman who's spent time with Dotard.  

• Like 1

Here's a WaPo story on Swetnick. Seems fair

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/who-is-julie-swetnick-the-third-kavanaugh-accuser/2018/09/26/91e16ed8-c1bc-11e8-97a5-ab1e46bb3bc7_story.html

This stood out to me:

At least one of Kavanaugh’s classmates scoffed at the notion that Swetnick would have been a regular at parties with Georgetown Prep students.

“Never heard of her,” said the person, who declined to be named because members of the class have agreed not to speak on the record to reporters. “I don’t remember anyone from Prep hanging out with public school girls, especially from Gaithersburg.”

Just now, Ragnarok said:

From Coyote blog:

It is not even necessary to opine on the veracity of this accusation, because it almost does not matter.  Because the fact of its being made has, no matter what the outcome, proved America to be a far worse place than we woke up believing this morning.  If the accuser is being truthful, then gang rape is a fact of life in our high schools, and everyone is powerless or no one cares to lift a hand to prevent it or stop it -- made all the worse by the leadership of boys who would become future leaders of this country.  And if she is lying, then we see someone shamelessly lying to destroy a man in the name of politics, aided and abetted and enabled by many of the top politicians in this country and perhaps a third of its citizenry.  We are either living in a brutal post-apocalyptic misogynist free-for-all or in a political system corrupted to its very foundation.

Actually, from what I read on Twitter, we are actually living in a superposition of these two, a Schrodinger's nightmare where both are considered true simultaneously by half the population.

Oh bullshit. What a complete load of crap. He’s a scumbag as is his supporters. It gets no more complicated than that.