Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I attended a Jesuit high school starting in 1984.  It was a known, and used, term.  And several of my classmates have chimed in to agree.  Same with "boof."

Fair enough.  I’ve never heard either term.  Every privileged white fraternity male like myself would not be caught dead tag teaming a chick.  No way.  If they did, they certainly wouldn’t brag on it.   It’s pretty damn gay.  Pulling a Fredo would be something to brag about.  

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

This is a 36 year old allegation with scant details.  Kavanaugh denies being at the party.  The 3 witnesses she named, including her friend, don’t remember any such party.  That’s enough evidence for you guys to say it’s more likely than not he assaulted Ford?

Hell, according to that bastion of fake news liberal media, The Wall Street Journal, he lied under oath today about watching his accuser's testimony.  A simple yes, when he was asked would have sufficed.  But he demonstrably said no.  Why the hell lie about that?

If someone told me hey if you want to be on the Supreme Court all you have to do is constantly lie under oath and cry and humiliate yourself and your family on camera in front of the entire country I would tell that person to go fuck themselves, I have some pride.

Cavenaugh apparently has no such reservations. 

Perfect trump nominee. 

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Hell, according to that bastion of fake news liberal media, The Wall Street Journal, he lied under oath today about watching his accuser's testimony.  A simple yes, when he was asked would have sufficed.  But he demonstrably said no.  Why the hell lie about that?

he lied during the first round of hearings a few weeks ago. he's cut from the same cloth as trump. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Fair enough.  I’ve never heard either term.  Every privileged white fraternity male like myself would not be caught dead tag teaming a chick.  No way.  If they did, they certainly wouldn’t brag on it.   It’s pretty damn gay.  Pulling a Fredo would be something to brag about.  

You misunderstand again (you're establishing a pattern). You don't make eye contact with the other guy, therefore it's not gay.

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

All of this. Lindsey has obviously been compromised. Who knows what the Russians have on him but I’m sure trump let him know over a friendly round of gold.

I'd like to know how Lindsey kept being promoted, for what seemed minimal work in the Reserves, and also why the hell he got a Bronze Star.  The simple answer is, of course, that the Air Force wanted him happy.  But it always seemed odd.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Its gonna have to be fought the same way police brutality is being fought. Keep that phone recording at all times. 

Yeah.  Mary Jane isn't going to do that when she's hanging out at a party with Johnny Football Team, who she kinda likes, and who she's kissing in the hall....who then shoves her in a bedroom, kicks the door shut behind him as he pushes her on the bed.  She stays there, frozen, thinking "this isn't happening, he's just going to kiss me some more, and I can say no, and that will be it."  So she doesn't immediately jump up and try to leave.  But he gets on her, and he goes further, and when she says "no," he holds her down.  And the rest follows.

Who are you going to believe?  Johnny Football Team, who everyone likes, and who has SUCH a bright future in front of him?  Or Mary Jane, who was out drinking at a house party at 16, and hey, she even told her friends she LIKED Johnny, so she really wanted it to happen.  Why do you want to ruin Johnny's life, Mary Jane?  Do you want me to tell your parents you were out drinking at 16?

Same as it ever was.  Mary Jane is going to get raped.  And 100,000 Mary Janes like her are going to get raped.  And Johnny Football Team will never face any consequences.  He will go through life utterly entitled, and by the process of reinforcement, never even thinking he did anything wrong.  And he'll be just fine in the Senate, or at the head of the Board table, or producing movies, etc. etc. 

Mary Jane doesn't have a chance.  Your leadership just made sure of it.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

oh come the fuck on.  this is a total shit show. no need to delve into to triple nonsense territory. 

I’m not tryin to imply the Russians have anything to do with this complete shit show, they don’t, I’m just talking about Lindsey in general terms overall. 

But whatever, it aint gonna be Lindsey graham deciding this crap. We all know who the decision makers are and its the swing state senators. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Lulz. Okay so youre a fucking liar too. Or maybe you liked your brothers more than girls(NTTAWWT), and didnt want to get caught at attention at the wrong times. The "privileged" frats are where that shit mostly happens.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

So whats the consensus of who is helped more (GOP or Dems) if BK is confirmed?  And if he is not?

If I'm a Dem running against somebody who voted to confirm him, I'd be mighty tempted to prepare political ads with said Senator who voted for BK, alongside video of Trump bragging about grabbing pussy.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So you're saying that Kavanaugh should not have been cleared for a couple of those reasons, and shouldn't have been around Bush. 

I am saying the FBI would have found out about this sort of thing when they interviewed his friends and poked around his life. 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’ve never heard the term.  Apparently it can mean a threesome per the urban dictionary in 2018.  It also means the Bermuda Triangle, since at least 1968.  Kavanaugh said in 1982 it was a drinking game.  Was that a common phrase for a threesome in 1982?   I google searched it and couldn’t find it in that time frame.  Westlaw the same.  

If there is evidence that phrase meant a threesome in 1982 and was pervasive, that’s bad.  Someone should run the etymology on it.  

As I said before - I went to a mid-atlantic boarding school in 1990-91 and both terms were common.  Devils Triangle meant a threesome with two guys. Boof meant "butt fuck", and occasionally meant to take drugs through the anal route. Those terms never meant what he said they meant and any remaining credibility he had with me was lost as of that moment. He lied. Real talk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So whats the consensus of who is helped more (GOP or Dems) if BK is confirmed?  And if he is not?

I don't know about the consensus, but I think it's politically better for the Dems if the Rs ram him through and politically better for the Rs if he goes down. 

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

As I said before - I went to a mid-atlantic boarding school in 1990-91 and both terms were common.  Devils Triangle meant a threesome with two guys. Boof meant "butt fuck", and occasionally meant to take drugs through the anal route. Those terms never meant what he said they meant and any remaining credibility he had with me was lost as of that moment. He lied. Real talk. 

Quoted for absolute truth.  Like I said, I went to a Texas Jesuit school, and the vocab was the same.  He's just a flat-out liar.

Edited by Brisketexan

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Lulz. Okay so youre a fucking liar too. Or maybe you liked your brothers more than girls(NTTAWWT), and didnt want to get caught at atrention at the wrong times. 

It was called an Eiffel Tower in my day — I was in school late 90s and early 00s.    I don’t know anyone who has done that.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I'm a Dem running against somebody who voted to confirm him, I'd be mighty tempted to prepare political ads with said Senator who voted for BK, alongside video of Trump bragging about grabbing pussy.

Havent looked it up....but how many dem challengers are running against at-risk pub incumbent senators? 

I'd think that number would be kinda small. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Lindsey Graham is operating under the influence of Russian kompromat. 

His server got hacked by Russians, that's all we know.  What Russians do with the spoils depends on a lot, not much if nothing usable exists.

Lindsey is a huge question mark right now.

I went to public schools in Houston and forgot about these terms until today

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It was called an Eiffel Tower in my day — I was in school late 90s and early 00s.    I don’t know anyone who has done that.  

Eiffel tower is a specific act. Devils triangle is a participant count.  All eiffel towers are devils triangles. All devils triangles arent eiffel towers.

However, its called devil cuz the guys dont reallywant each other there. They are all on board with each other with an eiffel tower. Chinese fingercuffs or sloppy seconds is more likely. 

But you know all this. Maybe you just wanted your bros more. 

1 minute ago, Updawg said:
9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I went to public schools in Houston and forgot about these terms until today

Oh and that's what they meant in Dallas, too - I'm just saying i can rule out the notion that there was some regional variation in the usage or meaning of those terms.