Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

46 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yeah that’s some pretty wild posting. 

Being on Twitter today has been fascinating. Entertaining, but really sad honestly. People are absolutely losing their shit over politics. 

It’s crazy. Same testimony, and each side sees it totally different. 

It really is like people are watching two different movies on the same screen 

Agreed, I’m out of rep, hit you up when I get more. 

9 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m here for the same reason we’re all here; namely that we have too much free time on our hands. I’m not trolling you, I’m just a conservative that thinks you’re a wackjob. I would love to take you seriously, but espousing civil war and succession makes it rather difficult. Also, your last two posts have me sucking someone off and masturbating, if nothing else I’ve contributed to your spank bank. Sweet dreams Fondren. 

You must be a really lonely dude. I would feel bad for you if you werent such a piece of shit. 

I have four aunts who are closer in age and raising to sisters -- I lived with my grandparents for much of my childhood and youth. Of those four, I am closest to Aunt "Jane." She's 55 now. And only yesterday she told me that in college some asshole pinned her against a wall and groped her at a party. She said she was only able to fight him off because she was relatively sober.  Meanwhile his best buddy watched and did nothing. That guy was also her friend. She later confronted him about it. "Why didn't you try to stop him?" she asked. "Sorry, he's my frat brother. Couldn't help ya there, Jane." 

Before y'all get it twisted, I was in a frat too, so I am not some GDI propagandist. And Jane is married to a frat guy today. 

My point is, she and all her sisters have withheld that from me for about 30 years. 

Just now, Chrispy said:

No, we’re on a political subforum that’s dedicated to UT sports, we’re all deranged. 

@ 11:43 pm on a Thursday. Definitely. I am taking a day tomorrow. It was planned. I really wanted to drink enough beer tonight to get to Kavanaughed and not be able to remember what I typed tonight in the morning.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, suck it up, buttercup! Better arm her! And tell her to report anything to the cops immediately, otherwise she’s a lying partisan whore who just wants to ruin an innocent man’s life!

Or, tell her the truth. It’s what I’ve told my daughter. If someone tries, fight with everything that you have. Kill him if you must. Stop it before it happens, because not only is the culture not built to provide justice after the fact, it’s built to violate you again.

That message has been delivered, from the highest levels.

You should move soon.  You’re family is in so much more danger today because of today’s events .  Sound the alarm man.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

i still cant believe a rational thinking person saw that hearing today and didn't come away thinking Kavanaugh was a complete trainwreck. His whole demeanor was a un-Justice-like, and when he wasn't lying he was being evasive.

i am finding I don't relate to my fellow Americans like i thought i did so much these days.

• Like 3

You should move soon.  You’re family is in so much more danger today because of today’s events .  Sound the alarm man.  

We ARE! You get it! You must have been listening to our pal Cruz! He’s been sending commercials right to me, every night, telling me how DANGEROUS all those brown people on the border are! And how Beto is gonna come to my house and take away all my guns!

You. Lecturing anyone about the politics of fear. Bitch PLEASE.
  • Like 1

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

You must be a really lonely dude. I would feel bad for you if you werent such a piece of shit. 

Lonely? That actually sounds pretty nice. I’m married with 3 children; somebody has to maintain the conservative population and I’ve done my part. 

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Brett Kavanaugh on the court is better politically for the Democrats. They can use fear to win elections. 

The issue is you have a very short-term mindset.  Yes, today probably scored political points for November, but Kavanaugh, if/when confirmed, will be on the court for a lot longer than the impact of today in the voting booth.  This will help your side this round of elections.  It may even help two years from now, but eventually, this will fade from the American electorate and the outrage and frustration will turn to something else.  What those hot button issues are and how they're positioned will ultimately allow the Republicans to possibly keep control or gain control of Congress back by 2020.  Probably not, but they're probably looking at 2022....

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Which hasn’t been very long.  This is an experiment and it only works if citizens actively participate with a unified purpose.  Well, when the purpose is to destroy the other side, it’s over. 

That’s where we are.  That’s what we saw today. I can’t believe Kavanaugh even has a law license after that shit today but not he’s about to be one of the most powerful people in the country because fuck the libs. 

Sad!

I am not old enough to have been alive for the 60's but I think things were a little more apocalyptic then than they are now.

Hell, I imagine Brat could tell us stories about the Harding administration and the Trump like absconding of the national coffers.

The U.S. has had its ups and downs. The Republic will be fine.

• Like 1

i still cant believe a rational thinking person saw that hearing today and didn't come away thinking Kavanaugh was a complete trainwreck. His whole demeanor was a un-Justice-like, and when he wasn't lying he was being evasive.
i am finding I don't relate to my fellow Americans like i thought i did so much these days.

Well, around 40% of your fellow Americans are loathsome toads who take actual pleasure in anything that hurts the other 60%. Doesn’t matter what it is, or whether it’s good for the country, so long as libtears. So, yeah. Not much to like.

I am not old enough to have been alive for the 60's but I think things were a little more apocalyptic then than they are now.
Hell, I imagine Brat could tell us stories about the Harding administration and the Trump like absconding of the national coffers.
The U.S. has had its ups and downs. The Republic will be fine.

....until it’s not.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

The issue is you have a very short-term mindset.  Yes, today probably scored political points for November, but Kavanaugh, if/when confirmed, will be on the court for a lot longer than the impact of today in the voting booth.  This will help your side this round of elections.  It may even help two years from now, but eventually, this will fade from the American electorate and the outrage and frustration will turn to something else.  What those hot button issues are and how they're positioned will ultimately allow the Republicans to possibly keep control or gain control of Congress back by 2020.  Probably not, but they're probably looking at 2022....

I'm looking long-term. Conservatives always lose long term.

Just look at the culture war. They got destroyed.

5 minutes ago, yoladu said:

We've raised multiple generations of non-critical thinkers.

Just now, Chrispy said:

Lonely? That actually sounds pretty nice. I’m married with 3 children; somebody has to maintain the conservative population and I’ve done my part. 

Im sure your kids hate your guts, so 90 percent chance they end up liberal.  Do the kids even look like you or do they look more like your pastor?  

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

I'm looking long-term. Conservatives always lose long term.

Just look at the culture war. They got destroyed.

I take comfort in the facts that the Final Solution was not so final and the 1000 Year Reich did not quite make it that long, but dang if they weren't hard to put to bed. 

Ah well, this thread had it's moments. Still have to stop by every now and then to remind myself why it's best to leave this forum full of poo-flinging chimps alone. It's everything that is wrong with the internet, with all of the vitriol of the Palestine-Israeli conflict condensed into a few dozen people, and none of the charm.

Breaking..

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks. 

Edited by Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Im sure your kids hate your guts, so 90 percent chance they end up liberal.  Do the kids even look like you or do they look more like your pastor?  

They’re far too young to hate me yet, need to give it time. Yes, they are the spitting image of me, the lucky bastards. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's not going to work. You know that. Donald Trump is fucked.

He will be. But the feds aint gonna have nothing to do with it.  NY state will be charging him on his next day as a civilian. He can watch his whole empire get taken away from the comfort of Moscow if Putin still has a use for him. 

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He will be. But the feds aint gonna have nothing to do with it.  NY state will be charging him on his next day as a civilian. He can watch his whole empire get taken away from the comfort of Moscow if Putin still has a use for him. 

everybody likes to have their balls licked...except High School Brett Kavanaugh the virgin. 

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Horseshit!!! Everyone leaks these days. Even the FBI, CIA, DOJ, NSA etc. Everybody leaks to support their position.

It's total shitshow. The people, trying to prove what ever point they have, just kill it when they break the law. You are breaking the law so I will break the law!!! Showed you!!

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

They’re far too young to hate me yet, need to give it time. Yes, they are the spitting image of me, the lucky bastards. 

At least you admit they're bastards. Your wife couldnt possibly want you near her. Theyll grow out of that ugly phase since they dont have your genes. Theyll start to look more like the mailman soon. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Dems needed a witness to put them in the same room.   Ford named 3 that night could.  And they didn’t. 

Game over.  

Even if we accept your stupid "game over" proposition, it doesn't excuse the fact that he's a serial perjurer and that you have no problem with that.

This is because you're a traitor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

my fiancee was abused by a family member who then killed himself when his wife asked him about it.  not a lot of people in her family believed her.  some of them are trumpers.  she's been fuming all day and where I usually am the one telling her not to go nuclear emasculating her loser uncle on social media (cause family).  I've been unsure about today.  I need to remind her tomorrow that I'm on her team.

Similar situation here minus the suicide. GF was abused by cousin but family keeps it quiet because it upsets grandma. Today was a rough one.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Even if we accept your stupid "game over" proposition, it doesn't excuse the fact that he's a serial perjurer and that you have no problem with that.

And your ugly too!!

Lets see what else we can come up with that distracts from the facts.

Diane Feinstein held Fords info like a pair of jacks in hand of Texas hold 'em. She bet every round and she lost to a pair QQ's

12 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Horseshit!!! Everyone leaks these days. Even the FBI, CIA, DOJ, NSA etc. Everybody leaks to support their position.

It's total shitshow. The people, trying to prove what ever point they have, just kill it when they break the law. You are breaking the law so I will break the law!!! Showed you!!

Nope. Not Feinstein nor her people. The reporter who got the story would know.

19 minutes ago, eljinca said:

It's gonna be lit when the Democrats don't take the Senate in November and RBG kicks the bucket.

Brisket will have an aneurysm.   

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The traitors today were Democrats for the fraud they attempted.  A complete and despicable sham.  

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

And your ugly too!!

Lets see what else we can come up with that distracts from the facts.

Diane Feinstein held Fords info like a pair of jacks in hand of Texas hold 'em. She bet every round and she lost to a pair QQ's

She didn't lose. This should have been a lay up. Instead, the Democrats beat the Republicans bloody and forced them to spend every last dime of political capital.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Nope. Not Feinstein nor her people. The reporter who got the story would know.

OK. I believe you. LOL...

The media doesn't work with politicians at all. You think if that reporter told the truth that they would get any more inside info from the DiFi camp?

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I hope you have a bunch of daughters someday.

But I hope none of them ever have to ask to speak to you alone, and start off the conversation with "dad, I was at a party last night and something happened."

I hope he never has to have that conversation either. However, it does happen, that's why we encourage our children and let them know they can come to us with anything. I've had that conversation with a daughter, and believe me it was not easy for either side, but the conversation was had.  It helped facilitate her healing and strengthened the bonds and trust within our family.

God Bless and keep all involved in this horrible situation.

Edited by SHOOTER12