Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

If you asked me what “boof” meant under oath, I would have told you what it meant to me - pigging out at an all you can eat buffet like Gatti’s or Lucky Village. I should be strung up for perjury. Never heard of the others phrase before

FWIW... That WOULD be perjury, as you would be giving testimony you knew to be false. You're supposed to be truthful, even if "I don't know" is your answer.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Sanity prevails.

This is a good thing for the country.

The one week caveat is confirmation that it is nothing more than a formality.  I mean, it's great that we get one more week before civil liberties are stripped away from large portions of the population, but in the end one week means jack shit.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Just because you don't know what it meant doesn;t mean Kavanaugh didn't. I have direct, first-hand knowledge about what those two very commonplace expressions meant to high school kids in the 1980s, both in Texas and the Mid-Atlantic region. He lied. Under oath. Deal with it. 

Trouble is, it's not a provable lie, IMO. Sure, you could bring in all his classmates who would say, to a man, that it meant anal sex, but he could still say it was a super-secret inside joke with his bufu buddy Judge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I don't doubt there's an FBI investigation at this point. 

The Republicans calling for it gives them an easy escape hatch on Kavanaugh if needed. 

No, it gives them clearance to say "Hey, the FBI didn't find shit this time just like the previous six background investigations. "  That's why the narrative needs to focus on asshole's blatant lying in front of the committee.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trouble is, it's not a provable lie, IMO. Sure, you could bring in all his classmates who would say, to a man, that it meant anal sex, but he could still say it was a super-secret inside joke with his bufu buddy Judge. 

"Provable" in what sense? It's absolutely provable in a normal human interaction sense.

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Buttfuck in a HS yearbook is a topic of debate for SCOTUS nomination. This is who we are.  

nope, this is who THEY are. I am in no way associated with the fucks in power right now - save that we were born on the same continent

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

It doesn't matter if it's "provable". This isn't a criminal proceeding. It's a job interview, an d he's demonstrated he lacks the character or temperament for the job. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

It doesn't matter if it's "provable". This isn't a criminal proceeding. It's a job interview, an d he's demonstrated he lacks the character or temperament for the job. 

troof. why do we keep having to remind people of this?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

This is why I can't understand why Republicans wouldn't want a FBI investigation. It at least gives them some cover now. We all know more evidence would eventually get leaked.

News flash... the FBI is not going to turn up anything in one week from something that might have happened 35 years ago.  I mean, I wish they would; but no it ain't gonna happen.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

News flash... the FBI is not going to turn up anything in one week from something that might have happened 35 years ago.  I mean, I wish they would; but no it ain't gonna happen.

Yep.  Its a win win win for McConnell.  Will give collins and Murkowski the cover that they needed.  Kavanaugh was DOA under these circumstance with a floor vote without an investigation. Which is why it was so fucking politically stupid to put one off for this long.

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

nope, this is who THEY are. I am in no way associated with the fucks in power right now - save that we were born on the same continent

Said it before and I'll say it again, I left the US 15 years ago not because of politics but current politics doesn't have me in any rush to get back.  I will be perfectly happy to retire in another country where if you get sick you don't either go broke or find yourself dead.  Neither one of those outcomes seems desirable to me, but to 40% of the US, they seem perfectly fine.

15 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

BK's denial contradicting his email that he's ever been blackout drunk seems a provable lie unless he's blackout drunk so often he forgets being blackout drunk. BTW, I'm sure there's some cream for gin blossoms.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Consider the possibility FBI reports at the end of next week that there are one or more lines of investigation that warrant serious further investigation.

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

There really is no question. He went total political operative in his opening statement.  The reality is that he just cant do the job in an unbiased way moving forward.  I understand where he is coming from. I mean if my name was run into the ground like his was, in the way that his was, I would fucking hate the democrats on that committee too. I would probably be a mean SOB, whether consciously or subconsciously, and wouldn't be able to be a fair judge.  But thats ok because I am not a judge and never will be nominated to be in a similar position.  I got a mean yearbook or two (them kealing girls were pretty explicit back in the day).  He has a conflict of interest at this point. He should withdrawal. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 3

I really hope dems go on the Sundays and hammer the lying.  Say that "we have complete trust in the FBI to investigate the sexual assault angle" but that it's demonstrable that the motherfucker avoided answering questions and lied on the questions that he did answer. 

Nobody asked him 7 times if he was the fucking captain of his basketball, or what fucking position he played in football, but he told us 7 times anyway. 

Just now, Gil Bang said:

I really hope dems go on the Sundays and hammer the lying.  Say that "we have complete trust in the FBI to investigate the sexual assault angle" but that it's demonstrable that the motherfucker avoided answering questions and lied on the questions that he did answer. 

Nobody asked him 7 times if he was the fucking captain of his basketball, or what fucking position he played in football, but he told us 7 times anyway. 

This. Build the narrative.

"Regardless of what the FBI finds, Ford was a credible witness and Kavanaugh lied repeatedly under oath. He is already unfit to serve based on his poor temperament and his dishonesty."

Say "unfit to serve" over and over and over and over. Have every Dem candidate across the nation make it part of their stump speech for this week. Coordinate a message and communicate it like you have some balls.

Then, when the FBI comes back, take everything that reinforces the "unfit to serve" narrative and keep hammering it. Protest outside of Collins and Murkowski offices both in their home states and in DC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

AP News:

More than 20 million people watched the gripping testimony of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the woman who accused him of sexual assault in the 1980s, Christine Blasey Ford, on six television networks. 

[...]

The Nielsen company estimated the viewership for Thursday’s all-day hearing on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC. There were other networks that covered it, but Nielsen did not immediately have estimates of the additional viewership.

If you asked me what “boof” meant under oath, I would have told you what it meant to me - pigging out at an all you can eat buffet like Gatti’s or Lucky Village. I should be strung up for perjury. Never heard of the others phrase before

I don’t believe you. You’re the person who expanded the lexicon of anyone who observed your breakdown chat confessions on the old site by describing your participation in PNP parties.

The holier than thou attitude you’ve shown on this thread based on your background is truly amazing.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ERhine said:

I don’t believe you. You’re the person who expanded the lexicon of anyone who observed your breakdown chat confessions on the old site by describing your participation in PNP parties.

The holier than thou attitude you’ve shown on this thread based on your background is truly amazing.

But his disregard for the law is no surprise. 

• Like 1

Just now, ERhine said:

I honestly give him credit for not changing his username when the great migration occurred. 

20 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

18 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

troof. why do we keep having to remind people of this?

I know, I know, but the fact that it is not a smoking gun gives the GOP senators plausible deniability. "Brett Kavanaugh says it means farting, not butt fucking, and Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man with a sterling reputation. And if he says it's not about sticking a dick up the old Hershey Highway, I believe him."

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There really is no question. He went total political operative in his opening statement.  The reality is that he just cant do the job in an unbiased way moving forward.  I understand where he is coming from. I mean if my name was run into the ground like his was, in the way that his was, I would fucking hate the democrats on that committee too. I would probably be a mean SOB, whether consciously or subconsciously, and wouldn't be able to be a fair judge.  But thats ok because I am not a judge and never will be nominated to be in a similar position.  I got a mean yearbook or two (them kealing girls were pretty explicit back in the day).  He has a conflict of interest at this point. He should withdrawal. 

If he had walked in there and testified like a reasonable, honest, and innocen man yesterday, I wonder how the vote would have gone today. I agree that it would have been very hard for any of us if our lives had been turned upside down like has been the case w Ford and BK. But Ford gave a really good example of what that looks like. Amazing lady.

Grassely was never going to grant an FBI investigation no matter how many times the Ds asked K about it. If he had played it cool, today's vote would have been interesting.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

Someone should get in dotard's ear and whisper sweet nothings about "If you pull this jackass' nomination and replace it with Merrick Garland you will be the first President in history to get a Supreme Court judge confirmed with a 2,000 to 0 vote.  Not only that, but you would get a Supreme Court Justice confirmed to the bench that even Obama could not.  Think about how that will cement your deserved place in history as the greatest President ever and probably the most bestest biggest dick swinging brain having covfefe in the Wide world World."

22 minutes ago, Updawg said:
1 hour ago, triplehorn said:
Is there a line on odds of Brett pulling his nomination himself?  Because right now there should be.

I bet his wife is done with this shitshow

Doubt it.  One thing we know is even if the person up for election / confirmation is a total piece of shit, the spouse will stand by with a fake smile for eternity.