Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

The Devil’s Triangle was just a Sunday school inside joke for the Holy Trinity.  We spent a lot of time talking about God and the Bible when we weren’t studying for academics.  Did you know I got into Yale Law School all by myself?  And I’m not even a minority.  Also, there’s no way I ever engaged in any type of sexual misconduct because I’m a Catholic.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting how the gop rails about the elites but it’s basically who they are.  They dumped palin pretty quickly when she wasn’t useful for them.   An Alaskan community college grad doesn’t fly in their circles in DC for long. 

can we stop encouraging them into thinking this?  maybe you're right about the leadership, but the GOP is a ball of fireants in a burning river and every single member thinks that they're part of the top.  Trump because he's above everyone, elites because they're above the system, people like Johnny Sack because he's above the actual poors, and the other 90% of the ball because they're above the browns and the people right next to them.

Edited by Celery Man

45 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

So if they talk to the Yalies and they corroborate that he lied about his drinking and have ancedotes of other incidents not necessarily worse than the Debbie Ramirez incident, will that be enough to keep him out? What if they corroborate that incident? I think our best bet is something coming out from his college years. I doubt any of his frat bros talk but they were probably assholes to someone that might. One story came out that they followed a couple into a bedroom after a while to catch them in the act...maybe something like that if the gal is willing to talk?

I'd say the penis in the face treatment and the rape trains happened more than once during BK/Judge's HS and college years. Women are becoming more emboldened by the day to shirk the stigma that was once attached to victims who call out their abusers.

I guess some Yalies would want to protect their school and stay silent while others think the honorable thing to do is to come forward. We'll see.

Edited by retread

42 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s not what I posted.  I said it is a “nice opportunity,” meaning the FBI has an opening to get payback if that’s what they want to do.  I did not advocate that they politicize this process.  

Many here have implied that Trump’s attacks on the Justice Department could come back to bite him.  My post just notes that this is one context in which the FBI could fuck Trump (not that they should).

Gotcha, sorry if I mis interpreted the post.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d put the odds of Kavanaugh being an unlikable asshole in high school and college as VERY HIGH.

I’m sure that won’t come back to hurt him when the FBI starts questioning his old classmates.  

I get a very Blutarsky crossed with Ted Cruz vibe based on what I’m hearing.  

SIAP..... This is yet another classmate who disputes Kavanaugh's depiction of himself in college.  She came forward after watching his performance on Thursday because she didn't feel comfortable with his answers.  It feels like he has no self awareness, at best.  And is a blatant liar at worst....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

SIAP..... This is yet another classmate who disputes Kavanaugh's depiction of himself in college.  She came forward after watching his performance on Thursday because she didn't feel comfortable with his answers.  It feels like he has no self awareness, at best.  And is a blatant liar at worst....

Good.  They should start attacking his provable lies under oath.  The sexual assault(s) will most likely always be he said/she said, but the lies about drinking and the yearbook and calendar entries are easily verifiable.

Weird how common people, such as R voters, think that the R elites in DC care about them. Those 'harpies' showed just how deep the divide is.

Just as weird how D voters think the D elites all over the country care about them. Both sides suck and care about money and power.
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d put the odds of Kavanaugh being an unlikable asshole in high school and college as VERY HIGH.

I’m sure that won’t come back to hurt him when the FBI starts questioning his old classmates.  

He was in the Federalist Society.  That alone sets the odds at 99.5%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

No, you dumbass, it was because you were the 7th person to post the same thing and I said I was negging the next person to post it. I'm a man of my word, you're a crying little bitch.

I figured you either having a spell of jealousy about some great content you were spreading or were playing thread police.  Or both.  

I went back 2 pages and didn't see it.  Maybe you should calm down, Mister Internet Man of His Word.  I don't have as much time on my hands as you do.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

From yesterday..... The delay allowing for other issues to spring up outside of the FBI investigation is probably more important than the actual investigation.  Mitch seems to allude to this, reportedly.... 

This is unbelievable to me.  Republican Senators openly worry that further investigation will reveal more troubling information about their nominee.  And instead of viewing that suspicion as reason to look deeper, which is how any responsible decision-maker would view it, they see it as a reason to avoid taking a closer look. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Flake is still a fuckhead.

Perjury? Temperament? Fair minded?

Nope. He doesn’t give a fuck about any of that.

This is why Flake lost me yesterday.  After reading his absurd reasoning to vote Kav out of committee, there’s no way he can come back from that.  It was so intellectually dishonest and counter to the truth and democracy he preached about on the Senate floor.  He should never hold public office again.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Flake is still a fuckhead.

Perjury? Temperament? Fair minded?

Nope. He doesn’t give a fuck about any of that.

I think he is expecting  something. He might of been told something by the Rosenstein or maybe he saw something in the pages kept from the democrats. The democrats might have even asked for more time so they can dig and he has given them that.  He has a reason to give a big "FUCk YOU" to Trump. He might be using the democrats to do that since they are still likely to appoint a conservative judge anyway. Kavanaugh is a partisan hack. There are plenty to true conservative jurists that weren't employed as ratfuckers like Kavanaugh.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is why Flake lost me yesterday.  After reading his absurd reasoning to vote Kav out of committee, there’s no way he can come back from that.  It was so intellectually dishonest and counter to the truth and democracy he preached about on the Senate floor.  He should never hold public office again.

If someone has a "D" next to their name, be 90% sure they're full of shit.

If someone has an "R", it's 100%.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This is unbelievable to me.  Republican Senators openly worry that further investigation will reveal more troubling information about their nominee.  And instead of viewing that suspicion as reason to look deeper, which is how any responsible decision-maker would view it, they see it as a reason to avoid taking a closer look. 

Have you read any of the Russia investigation Congressional transcripts from testimony behind closed doors?  It’s treacherous AF on the part of the Republicans.  They have absolutely ZERO interest in finding out what happened or the truth. They put the witness on trial if they have credible information and they allow GOP witnesses to evade and lie all day.  It’s a coordinated cover up and obstruction of justice.  

See also Glen Simpson, Erik Prince, Carter Page testimony.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

He was in the Federalist Society.  That alone sets the odds at 99.5%.

I'm starting to think the Democrats needs their own version of the Federalist Society. It's basically a career-long purity test, and GOP take their word as gospel. 

At the very least, Democrats need to take Judges as seriously as the GOP does. 

Braniffbelieveitgif

I figured you either having a spell of jealousy about some great content you were spreading or were playing thread police.  Or both.  

I went back 2 pages and didn't see it.  Maybe you should calm down, Mister Internet Man of His Word.  I don't have as much time on my hands as you do.

I'm perfectly calm. You're the one crying about a single neg after already giving a retaliatory one. Get over yourself, you're not that important, you just happened to be the first person to repost that after my post.

3 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

The fix is in - Swetnick’s claims won’t be investigated. Wtf.

White House limits scope of the FBI's investigation into the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh - NBC News

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/white-house-limits-scope-fbi-s-investigation-allegations-against-brett-n915061

looks like a shitload more media time for Avenatti.

Avenatti said this morning if his client’s allegations weren’t investigated in this probe, he’s taking her story on a media blitz.  

Which, to be honest, is probably worse for Kavanaugh. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

White House limits scope of the FBI's investigation into the allegations against Brett Kavanaugh - NBC News

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/white-house-limits-scope-fbi-s-investigation-allegations-against-brett-n915061

Holy shit, I just read the whole article and the fix is definitely in.  Time for the free press to step up and keep putting Kavanaugh’s shit on blast. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

It is time for the Dems to go on the god damned warpath and start screaming impeachment for this.

They won't, though.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Counterpoint:

There are plenty of people willing to make any accusation they can in hopes to stop Kavanaugh.  Colorado and Rhode Island accusations are prime examples.

The one week investigation is going to end up indeterminate.  There will be things D’s will point at as the straws that break the camels back.  Flake, Murkowski and Collins will be in the same spot they were a week before, except with another weeks of chaos.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Holy shit, I just read the whole article and the fix is definitely in.  Time for the free press to step up and keep putting Kavanaugh’s shit on blast. 

Yep. Flake should have voted no in committee, or waited to vote yes at least.

Edited by retread

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think most thinking people know the Colorado and RI accusers we're plants by the GOP to raise doubts.  Not only were they anonymous, but they were brought forth by Republicans.

Great theory except the RI claim was brought forth by Sheldon Whitehouse who is.... wait for it.... a Democrat.

maybe the FBI should investigate his loyalties, since he is planting accusations for the Republicans.