Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, retread said:

Maybe instead of blaming Blasey-Ford for mishandling (in the opinion of Rs) how she brought this to the attention of the senate, we could recognize that there's something deeply wrong with our country when victims of abuse suffer in silence for decades. They're often afraid to come forward b/c of the shame that they feel and b/c of the shame and ridicule that they'll receive. Like "we think you're credible and that something happened to you ... it just wasn't Kav..."

Yeah, but please stop with our country thing.  Sexual assault victims the WORLD over have been afraid to come forward since forever.  There ain't shit unique about our country when it comes to sexual assault.

32 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Every accusation is a confession. This is a man who will support gassing liberals within the next few years.

They're too busy breathing their own( superiority) farts to ever inhale such toxins.

47 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The ability of smart normal people to complexly disregard all common sense and decency for their political gain, destroying lives along the way is just shocking. It is like we are watching the rise of the Nazi party before our eyes. They use racism, violence, lies, intimidation and false accusations to usurp the voice of the people and crush their enemies

To think the Democratic Party used to represent the middle class and the majority of Americans. It’s disgusting. 

more losing is the only thing that will bring back a much needed realistic second party. 

You’re doing a bit right? No one could be stupid enough to actually think this. Well maybe Swam but that’s about it.

1 hour ago, deech said:

What is the statute of limitations for the crimes suffered by Ford??

I believe you are wrong on the "there are no limitations for her allegations in Maryland."  From what I've read, the statute of limitations would have been one year back when the event occurred.  IN the 90's they changed the statute of limitations to being open, but that wouldn't apply to Ford's allegations as they occurred before the statute changes.

Even if she could file a charge and did file a charge, all of you jackasses would be saying she doesn't have corroborating evidence and this and that.  

It makes zero difference to any of you whether she files charges.  So stop pretending like you give a shit.

Her allegations if true meet the elements of kidnapping.  Which had no statute of eliminations.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Her allegations if true meet the elements of kidnapping.  Which had no statute of eliminations.  

LOL - so in your opinion her failure to file a police report in Maryland alleging kidnapping means that you think that she does not believe her own story of what happened regarding her and Kavanaugh or that it makes it less likely to be true?  What a joke.

Maybe her attorney told her the truth, there is no value in filing a report of kidnapping in Maryland as there is not a single prosecutor R or D who would bring that charge today.  In fairness, that attorney should have probably warned her similarly about testifying in front of this Judiciary Committee and this Congress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Very weird to see a libertarian embrace fascism.

You (and Brisket) are definitely reading more from my statement than what I said.  You can’t reason with people who are beyond reason.  That is all I said.  I'm actually quite happy to reason with folks who can and are willing to reason.  

1 hour ago, deech said:

Exactly.  

Here's a clue.  Both parties are running trains on the middle class.  Why?  It helps them get reelected.

The GOP promised to provide affordable health care for all Americans when they won Congress in 2010. Since that time, they have done nothing other than undermine what bit of  relief OCare provided to millions. Why shouldn't middle class Americans hold them accountable?

You (and Brisket) are definitely reading more from my statement than what I said.  You can’t reason with people who are beyond reason.  That is all I said.  I'm actually quite happy to reason with folks who can and are willing to reason.  

You should have a cocktail party of such folks. These days, I’m pretty sure you won’t even have to buy extra booze to handle the crowd.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The GOP promised to provide affordable health care for all Americans when they won Congress in 2010. Since that time, they have done nothing other than undermine what bit of  relief OCare provided to millions. Why shouldn't middle class Americans hold them accountable?

Relief of Obamacare?  You still defending that disaster?

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

B583D79B-46B3-4EB1-9AD0-DD2376AF0518_zps

I can't wait for Kavanaugh's first opportunity to weigh in on a case. He is truly going to ring in the era of idiots(volume is coming, rather than the previous sporadic idiot) in our government.

I bet Kavanaugh sits next to rbg, loaded up on pepperoni pizza and chili cheese fries, and burps and farts until she quits.

Edited by pacman

13 minutes ago, pacman said:

I can't wait for Kavanaugh's first opportunity to weigh in on a case. He is truly going to ring in the era of idiots(volume is coming, rather than the previous sporadic idiot) in our government. 

The number of unqualified occupants in this admin is already pretty high, either through lack of skills or conflicts of interest.

These Michael Lewis interviews discuss the chaos and dysfunction. Really interesting.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/01/653430567/a-kind-of-vague-hostility-michael-lewis-on-trump-loyalists-run-agencies

From November 2017 (Trump's transition team)

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/06/562246599/michael-lewis-many-trump-appointees-are-uninterested-in-the-agencies-they-head-u

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

As far as obamacare, our family plan increased by $300 a month. Thats a big hit on our household. For what, so all americans can have healthcare? Fuck that, Im only responsible for taking care of and protecting my family and that hit our pocketbook hard. Im not upper class by any means but live comfortably in the middle class.
And the Trump tax breaks let us keep more of OUR money.
Yes he gave his buddys a tax break but I am sure as hell happy that we keep more of ours. How is that bad?. 3 kids arent cheap.
I never posted much in the political boards. Place is fucked up... lol

• Like 4

Brisket just wanted to give you an update. I’m 4-0 this weekend. So is Johnny Sack. Life is good. God bless America

What’s impressive is how one can be 4-0, yet still be such a loser in life so as to seek validation as you do.

There’s nothing more sad than someone who could go 4-0, or even 400-0, and still be on the losing side of life’s ledger. I wish you luck. Winning lies what’s best for all of your fellow Americans, not in treating them like a vanquished enemy to be punished. You act in a way that aligns you with those who are enemies of Americans...truly sad.

35 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Fuck that, Im only responsible for taking care of and protecting my family and that hit our pocketbook hard. Im not upper class by any means but live comfortably in the middle class.

You're also responsible for being the insufferable dick that you are.

Not just saying that because you're poor.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What’s impressive is how one can be 4-0, yet still be such a loser in life so as to seek validation as you do.

There’s nothing more sad than someone who could go 4-0, or even 400-0, and still be on the losing side of life’s ledger. I wish you luck. Winning lies what’s best for all of your fellow Americans, not in treating them like a vanquished enemy to be punished. You act in a way that aligns you with those who are enemies of Americans...truly sad.

What’s best for Americans is a strong economy with more money in their pocket with lower taxes and higher paying manufacturing jobs coming back to this country. Both you and jimmy sound like unhinged loons. Life is great and this country has never been better in my opinion. I’ll come by and check on y’all after Beto loses to Ted Cruz. Y’all overplayed your hand so much that I’m going to vote straight ticket Republican for the first time. I’m going to vote for Ted Cruz and he is a gigantic douchebag and it doesn’t faze me one bit because of the crap your team pulled against Kavanaugh 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

As far as obamacare, our family plan increased by $300 a month. Thats a big hit on our household. For what, so all americans can have healthcare? Fuck that, Im only responsible for taking care of and protecting my family and that hit our pocketbook hard. Im not upper class by any means but live comfortably in the middle class.
Yes he gave his buddys a tax break but I am sure as hell happy that we keep more of ours. How is that bad?. 3 kids arent cheap.

Welcome aboard williemack. You’ve always had one of the best avatars. People like us are happy and it drives the media and holier than thous crazy that we like what we are seeing from the White House 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, pacman said:

I bet Kavanaugh sits next to rbg, loaded up on pepperoni pizza and chili cheese fries, and burps and farts until she quits.

See this is why you a huge chunk of America rightfully hates the media. Kavanaugh had an exceptional professional reputation, resume and credentials and now the leftist media, the enemy of the people, make it seem like he has been this drunken buffoon all of this time. He was top of his class at Yale, impeccable reputation on the DC circuit, adjunct professor at Harvard, etc. Sorry that the attempted smear job by an emotionally disturbed woman didn’t work. That’s why along with the Horns, Astros and Texans winning made this an incredible weekend. I am glad I don’t live in a country where someone like Dr Ford could get away with derailing someone as exceptional as Kavanaugh. Thank God for America as we know it.  

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

We were winning when we helped Afghanistan fend off a Soviet invasion.  Then we got OSB and AQ. We were winning when we invaded Iraq.  Then we got ISIS.  Obama was winning and then we got Trump.  So congrats on winning with Kavanaugh and with MAGA appealing to the lowest common denominator.  Can't wait for what's next since we all can't sit around and call the bullshit for what it is as rationale observers.  Instead it's all about winning and teams.

Plus, why do you have to be a fucking asshole and attack Ford.  Look, I don't know if she was assaulted by him or not.  I do believe she was assaulted.  I don't think she was motivated politically when she brought her allegations initially, but I do believe she did allow Feinstein/D's "use" her and her allegations for political gains.  Why is she emotionally disturbed now?    

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

It’s bad in that you don’t realize your Mexican American ass is a a couple generations away from being on the other side. You have no empathy. You are happy you get yours while at the same time not realizing you were lucky not to be born at the wrong time. Lucky your kids aren’t in cages. You think you’ve won when in reality no fucks are given about you. They will come for more and when they do it will probably not be you who is paying for it but your kids or grandchildren. So YOU enjoy it while you’re living but know you are shitting on generations to come. Very likely your own. That is unless sanity prevails. Which it will... so congratulations you get to have your cake and eat it too. The rest of society will clean up your pig shit mess. Not that they should bc we are only responsible for taking care of our own family. Give me a fucking break. You live in America a society built on looking out for the next man. Too bad some seem to have forgotten that now.

• Like 1

It’s bad in that you don’t realize your Mexican American ass is a a couple generations away from being on the other side. You have no empathy. You are happy you get yours while at the same time not realizing you were lucky not to be born at the wrong time. Lucky your kids aren’t in cages. You think you’ve won when in reality no fucks are given about you. They will come for more and when they do it will probably not be you who is paying for it but your kids or grandchildren. So YOU enjoy it while you’re living but know you are shitting on generations to come. Very likely your own. That is unless sanity prevails. Which it will... so congratulations you get to have your cake and eat it too. The rest of society will clean up your pig shit mess. Not that they should bc we are only responsible for taking care of our own family. Give me a fucking break. You live in America a society built on looking out for the next man. Too bad some seem to have forgotten that now.

Uh wat? Lay off the pipe.
Im a couple generations from being in mexico?
Wtf?
Cages? You talking about illegal children in detention centers?
Shits been going on for years, even under obama admin.
Why is a big deal now?
Yes you liberals are the epitome of class. Calling me names and you dont even know me.
I love how white liberals, or any lib, always lump us mexicans into the “poor mexicans dont know whats good for em so lets help them understand” and that the reps are just using us.
And yall wonder why we have moved over to the other side.
My family was always staunch democrat and thats how I was raised. Even had close family run for office as democrat, its all I knew. I liked clinton. But yes times have changed. Blindly following liberals is crazy, hillary, ocasio cortez, even beto. But guess you guys think since he has a cool sounding mexican nickname we will vote for him. Well let me tell you i hate cruz with a passion, but Ill vote for him to keep beto out. Check the data, lots of hispanics voted for trump. More than would admit publicly cause folks like you would ridicule them.
Anyway, till my future family gets moved to mexico, this mexican is reminded daily how going rep is the correct move.
  • Like 8

What names? Calling you what you asked to be called? I’m just like you. In appearance and heritage at least. Not lumping you into anything other than what you asked and how you describe yourself. The only one blindly following is you.

It’s a big deal because it’s happening in record numbers and being purposely hidden to pull votes like you. Did Obama want to build a wall too? Keep Beto out why? You hate Cruz but will blindly vote for him? 

Edited by Dropout
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Wtf?
Why is a big deal now?
Yes you liberals are the epitome of class. Calling me names and you dont even know me.
I love how white liberals, or any lib, always lump us mexicans into the “poor mexicans dont know whats good for em so lets help them understand” and that the reps are just using us.
My family was always staunch democrat and thats how I was raised. Even had close family run for office as democrat, its all I knew. I liked clinton. But yes times have changed. Blindly following liberals is crazy, hillary, ocasio cortez, even beto. But guess you guys think since he has a cool sounding mexican nickname we will vote for him. Well let me tell you i hate cruz with a passion, but Ill vote for him to keep beto out. Check the data, lots of hispanics voted for trump. More than would admit publicly cause folks like you would ridicule them.
Anyway, till my future family gets moved to mexico, this mexican is reminded daily how going rep is the correct move.

Illegal children in detention centers... look at you. Look in a fucking mirror. Those families are doing exactly what our ancestors would have done. What any family would do for their kids and future generations. The balls on you to call them illegal kids. Like they have a fucking choice. And I’ll keep my pipe tyvm Ted fucking Cruz.

Edited by Dropout
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Barack Obama tried to do this with John Boehner by offering up the "grand bargain," much to the chagrin of progressives.

The Republican base lost its mind at even a whiff of compromise and forced Boehner out as Speaker.

So what's the incentive for either party to extend an olive branch if compromise is met with electoral resistance?

Trump tried to do that with DACA and Schumer told him to pound sand.

• Like 1

What’s best for Americans is a strong economy with more money in their pocket with lower taxes and higher paying manufacturing jobs coming back to this country. Both you and jimmy sound like unhinged loons. Life is great and this country has never been better in my opinion. I’ll come by and check on y’all after Beto loses to Ted Cruz. Y’all overplayed your hand so much that I’m going to vote straight ticket Republican for the first time. I’m going to vote for Ted Cruz and he is a gigantic douchebag and it doesn’t faze me one bit because of the crap your team pulled against Kavanaugh 
Oh No. Now we dun it. Iconoclast is going to vote Republican! And for Cruz! How could we have driven him this far. If the Dems can't count on reasonable minded people like Iconoclast, how do they ever expect to win! Gimme a break.

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just stop with the finger pointing. 

Maybe expect better of those who are in power to represent all Americans instead of the few that put them there?

You know for the people? 

Or as Republicans call them, the angry mob. 

I do expect better... from the voters, as well as those elected.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just stop with the finger pointing. 

Maybe expect better of those who are in power to represent all Americans instead of the few that put them there?

You know for the people? 

Or as Republicans call them, the angry mob. 

Thing I’ll say about this is Harry Reid helped change rules when Ds had control of both houses. 

This is not an R thing or a D thing. This is a party in power thing. 

Sucks all the way around but watch what happens in Nov if Congress goes blue. 

Youll see total gridlock until the next presidential election. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Wtf?
Why is a big deal now?

You hit the nail on the head with this post, especially this: “I love how white liberals, or any lib, always lump us mexicans into the “poor mexicans dont know whats good for em so lets help them understand” and that the reps are just using us.”

Brisket likes to play this card ALL the time. According to him he knows better than you and he should speak for you. I appreciate your participation and insight and not letting him bully his way with his brand of verbal diarrhea. I work with a ton of Mexican-Americans and what you say about Latinos voting for Trump matches what I have been hearing too 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Thing I’ll say about this is Harry Reid helped change rules when Ds had control of both houses. 

This is not an R thing or a D thing. This is a party in power thing. 

Sucks all the way around but watch what happens in Nov if Congress goes blue. 

Youll see total gridlock until the next presidential election. 

both sides blah blah blah keep focusing on the problems and not solutions and you’ll just end up with more problems. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

both sides blah blah blah keep focusing on the problems and not solutions and you’ll just end up with more problems. 

Funny cause you always ONLY focus on the things republicans have done, never do you point your finger at the shit the democrats have played when they've held power.  I know I know democrats are always on the side of the little man, and Never play the gamers republicans do.  

Were that true you'd have many more people crossing party lines.  As it is People see the hypocrisy from the left and right and choose their battles picking the lesser of 2 evils in their minds.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Got it. I’m just pointing out that this is nothing unique or new. Acting like it is is disingenuous at worst, naive at best. 

Whenever a party has had a majority they typically steamroll other. 

8 minutes ago, G650 said:

I have some bad news for you.

No shit.  Look around.  We are surrounded by fucking idiots.  If your primary political dialog outlet is surly, you have a totally biased representation of the political engagement and intellectual capacity of the average American. Even the total fucking idiots here are in the long right tail of that distribution.  Think about the implications of that for a minute. 

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No shit.  Look around.  We are surrounded by fucking idiots.  If your primary political dialog outlet is surly, you have a totally biased representation of the political engagement and intellectual capacity of the average American. Even the total fucking idiots here are in the long right tail of that distribution.  Think about the implications of that for a minute. 

But we are all into tail right ?

9 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He was top of his class at Yale, 

See, this is the kind of shit that makes people never listen to you.  You'll buy anything if it supports your agenda.

Kavanaugh graduated "cum laude".  That's not "top of his class".  Not anywhere close.  Yale doesn't compute grade point averages, so his law school ranking is unknown, but in undergraduate programs a student can attain the following honors designations:  cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude.  The very fact that he was ONLY cum laude tells us there were people ahead of him.

• Like 1