Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

Uh everything the GOP is doing has already cost them the women’s vote. This is just another issue they will lose women on. Do you know any women? All I have talked to back the accusers right now. Women are going to save the republic from your shitbag party. 

I don't know why and can't really put my finger on it, but I get the feeling that EMAWsome may not have been paying very much attention to the women's movement over the last two years.

Edited by Yuk

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

In your mind that is not a possibility. What evidence is there other than her word/story?  You just have to believe her and not hiM based on absolutely nothing. 

You  really really want this to be true. Would you feel comfortable with your son or father being crucified publicly based on a vague statement with little detail and no confirmation or physical evidence form 35 years ago?

due process doesn’t mean shit when you can do more damage controlling the media narrative. 

You struggle with reality. 

There is no "due process".  It's not a trial.  You struggle with this.

I've said it a dozen times -- I don't know if he did it.  I know he's a shitbag who isn't fit to serve on the SCOTUS.  

• Like 1

That McConnell speech--we've seen it before.  Right before the big failure on Obamacare.

This is the signal to Kavanaugh and the White House that this interview tonight is their last chance to change the narrative.  If this doesn't work, he'll pull the plug.  And with that speech, he can say "I gave it my all; it's not my fault.  It's just those damned dirty Dems."

If you can watch that speech and think that McConnell has the votes (or even has a good chance of getting the votes), you just haven't watched Mitch McConnell for very long.

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

No it won't.  Everyone is making the wrong assumption that this is going to cost the GOP with women.  Women that really care about legitimate sexual assault cases being taken seriously hate women who make bogus charges out of ulterior motives.  It makes it harder for people to believe the legitimate cases and women see through other women's bullshit a lot better than men do. 

It's amazing that 1. you know how women feel and that 2. You know for a fact this is a bogus accusation without hearing the accuser.

Have you even considered there might be some truth to the story or have you ruled out any chance that it's true? Short of video evidence from 30+ years ago, is there anything that could be said by an accuser in this case that would change your mind?

2 minutes ago, Yuk said:

I don't know why and can't really get put my finger on it, but I get the feeling that EMAWsome may not have been paying very much attention to the women's movement over the last two years.

Most women aren't political activists.  Between their jobs and caring for their children they aren't able to hop on a bus to Washington D.C. for a weekend.  Besides if they are conservatives that bus isn't going to let them on it to begin with.  Yeah, there were a million some liberal female political activists in Washington D.C. last year.  Guess what,  there are at least 150 million women in the United States.   The media didn't go out of their way to talk or show any of the other 149 or so million. 

Sad was this girl I knew in law school who was 28 and still a virgin.  Outwardly, she had no reason to be in that...position.  She was plenty good looking.

But crazy as fuck.  I mean, super ultra religious on top of natural crazy.  

Dunnow if she ever married, but if she did, that guy probably got the shit fucked out of him on his wedding night.

/csb.

Just now, EMAWesome said:

Most women aren't political activists.  Between their jobs and caring for their children they aren't able to hop on a bus to Washington D.C. for a weekend.  Besides if they are conservatives that bus isn't going to let them on it to begin with.  Yeah, there were a million some liberal female political activists in Washington D.C. last year.  Guess what,  there are at least 150 million women in the United States.   The media didn't go out of their way to talk or show any of the other 149 or so million. 

Political activist, huh?

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Sad was this girl I knew in law school who was 28 and still a virgin.  Outwardly, she had no reason to be in that...position.  She was plenty good looking.

Dunnow if she ever married, but if she did, that guy probably got the shit fucked out of him on his wedding night.

/csb.

Or not.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Either way the dude didn't get laid for apparently many years after HS.  

Not sure what that has to do with whether he tried to force himself on a girl. Maybe that's why he didn't get laid, he had no game.

Well, he could be lying.  That certainly seems an option given what we know right now.

Or, if by "game" he was putting his hand over a girls mouth to keep her from screaming, or pulling his junk out and asking girls to "kiss it," you're probably right.  Decidedly no game.

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

/csb.

A batshit crazy female law student. You don't say. 

Edited by Anastasis

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Either way the dude didn't get laid for apparently many years after HS.  

Not sure what that has to do with whether he tried to force himself on a girl. Maybe that's why he didn't get laid, he had no game.

He's trying to establish that he's not a liar.   Sort of daring anyone who had sex with him anytime before law school to come forward.  

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Well, he could be lying.  That certainly seems an option given what we know right now.

Or, if by "game" he was putting his hand over a girls mouth to keep her from screaming, or pulling his junk out and asking girls to "kiss it," you're probably right.  Decidedly no game.

Yeah those things would be examples of "no game".

3 minutes ago, sachick said:

It's amazing that 1. you know how women feel and that 2. You know for a fact this is a bogus accusation without hearing the accuser.

Have you even considered there might be some truth to the story or have you ruled out any chance that it's true? Short of video evidence from 30+ years ago, is there anything that could be said by an accuser in this case that would change your mind?

If there was truth to the story the Democrats wouldn't have sat on the letter for six weeks.  They would have been bringing it up to the attention of the media for the whole month because they would have been confident the accusations were backed up with some kind of legitimate evidence.  It would have been the Democrats focus in the meetings as soon as Turtle finished banging the gavel on the first day instead of all the screaming protesters and the infomercial for the Cory Booker and Kamala Harris School of Political Grandstanding.

You want to know another reason why even the Democrat members of the Senate Judicial Committee know this is nothing more than a political smear?  Every single Democratic member of the Judicial Committee was invited to appear on Chris Wallace's show Sunday morning.  All ten of them turned down the request.  Wallace is one of, if not the most down the middle professional journalist at Fox and normally Democrats have no issues appearing on his show.  If they felt the accusation was legitimate why would every single one turn down the chance to put it out in the public again?  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That McConnell speech--we've seen it before.  Right before the big failure on Obamacare.

This is the signal to Kavanaugh and the White House that this interview tonight is their last chance to change the narrative.  If this doesn't work, he'll pull the plug.  And with that speech, he can say "I gave it my all; it's not my fault.  It's just those damned dirty Dems."

If you can watch that speech and think that McConnell has the votes (or even has a good chance of getting the votes), you just haven't watched Mitch McConnell for very long.

My current take on the situation:

The GOP is the going with a Nixon “peace with honor” approach.  

“Yeah, we’re pulling out of Vietnam, but we’re going to bomb the shit out of Cambodia and the North before we abort the mission.” 

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If there was truth to the story the Democrats wouldn't have sat on the letter for six weeks.  They would have been bringing it up to the attention of the media for the whole month because they would have been confident the accusations were backed up with some kind of legitimate evidence.  It would have been the Democrats focus in the meetings as soon as Turtle finished banging the gavel on the first day instead of all the screaming protesters and the infomercial for the Cory Booker and Kamala Harris School of Political Grandstanding.

You want to know another reason why even the Democrat members of the Senate Judicial Committee know this is nothing more than a political smear?  Every single Democratic member of the Judicial Committee was invited to appear on Chris Wallace's show Sunday morning.  All ten of them turned down the request.  Wallace is one of, if not the most down the middle professional journalist at Fox and normally Democrats have no issues appearing on his show.  If they felt the accusation was legitimate why would every single one turn down the chance to put it out in the public again?  

Your ignorance is breathtaking.

I'm sorry, I said that wrong.  What I meant was

Image result for trollface

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

hahahaha

You've spent the better part of a decade "what-abouting" every time a member of the GOP is criticized.

Every time I hear some lame ass charge the democrats have made when they've done exactly the same shit, yeah.  I still sit on the right side of the aisle, I mean seriously why would I wannna to sit with a bunch of losers ?