Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

seems to me that by purposely limiting witnesses or an actual investigation, the GOP is creating a "she said, he said" scenario to give themselves cover when they ultimately vote yes on Kavanaugh (which we all know they will do).

Hmm, we listened to both. He said one thing, she said another thing. No way of knowing who is telling the truth. Well.. umm, welcome to the Supreme Court, Brett.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

seems to me that by limiting witnesses or an investigation, the GOP is creating a "she said, he said" scenario to give themselves cover when they ultimately vote yes on Kavanaugh (which we all know they will do).

Hmm, we listened to both. He said one thing, she said another thing. No way of knowing who is telling the truth. Well.. umm, welcome to the Supreme Court, Brett.

This makes sense if they think they're going to lose the Senate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This can't be real.  McConnell is seriously whining about someone else and ends justifying the means?  That is the only reason Gorsuch is on the bench right now.

He's right though. It's just that he's the poster child for "some."

I know I keep bringing this up but the pro-Kavanaugh TV ads are just so fucking weird.

Why spend millions of dollars on this?  No one gets to elect Brett Kavanaugh. 

It’s remarkable how the special interests are overtly trying to shape public opinion in their favor through media manipulations.

I know everyone has an agenda but commercials for judicial appointments?  Seriously, WTF? 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

McConnell's position would be an idiotic, quixotic suicide mission if he did not have the votes.  But McConnell is a very smart guy.  I have to believe he has quiet assurances from all in the caucus.

The only other possibility is that he's been given no choice by the White House, and he's signalling to Collins et al that there is no easy way out.  I don't see how any GOP Senator votes no.  They don't have a real reason.  There won't be a better nominee.  The Dem machine will go after the next nominee with even most viciousness.  And the GOP base will never, ever forgive any Senators voting no.

Everything adds up to a confirmation.

2 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

McConnell's position would be an idiotic, quixotic suicide mission if he did not have the votes.  But McConnell is a very smart guy.  I have to believe he has quiet assurances from all in the caucus.

The only other possibility is that he's been given no choice by the White House, and he's signalling to Collins et al that there is no easy way out.  I don't see how any GOP Senator votes no.  They don't have a real reason.  There won't be a better nominee.  The Dem machine will go after the next nominee with even most viciousness.  And the GOP base will never, ever forgive any Senators voting no.

Everything adds up to a confirmation.

Why does everyone believe Collins is on the fence? Every action by her indicates she will vote yes but wants to pretend to be on the fence. Only more damaging information is going to come out imo.

Edited by happyfunball

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

You should probably stop to consider the fact that right now it is starting to look like Hillary Clinton might ultimately destroy the Republican Party as we knew it. Not directly, of course, but the illogical and all-consuming hate for her that hurried the GOP down the path to Donald Trump will have been the party's undoing. All that hate, all that anger, and she still wins. Good work.

No no she doesn't. She lost, and it'll haunt her the rest of her days.  She doesn't care jack shit about the democrats or the citizens.  She didn't care how she won, and would have done anything win. She alienated long time voters from the democrat party.  She was in It for herself all the way from day one.  

I have no love affair with the republicans. They couldn't put anybody up there to beat trump. The second  worst candidate in American history.  Will Trump destroy the Republican Party ?  Doubtful.

Just now, horncyclist said:

So GOP's going all in on this. Will have massive political costs but maybe they decided missing their attempt to take over the Supreme Court would have more.

The scariest part about this to me is that they're acting like they will never have to face a free and fair election again.

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

So GOP's going all in on this. Will have massive political costs but maybe they decided missing their attempt to take over the Supreme Court would have more.

No it won't.  Everyone is making the wrong assumption that this is going to cost the GOP with women.  Women that really care about legitimate sexual assault cases being taken seriously hate women who make bogus charges out of ulterior motives.  It makes it harder for people to believe the legitimate cases and women see through other women's bullshit a lot better than men do.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

No it won't.  Everyone is making the wrong assumption that this is going to cost the GOP with women.  Women that really care about legitimate sexual assault cases being taken seriously hate women who make bogus charges out of ulterior motives.  It makes it harder for people to believe the legitimate cases and women see through other women's bullshit a lot better than men do.

So, you were there?  Yes or no?  If yes, you should testify.

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

.....who make bogus charges out of ulterior motives. 

whoa whoa whoa.. stop the presses. What do you know?!

...because i certainly don't know what the truth is. what are you privy to? Spill it.

Edited by yoladu

2 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Uh everything the GOP is doing has already cost them the women’s vote. This is just another issue they will lose women on. Do you know any women? All I have talked to back the accusers right now. Women are going to save the republic from your shitbag party. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

It damn sure ain't gonna help em if they push this thru without vetting these charges and CLEARING him.  But there are a lot of women who don't or won't believe the stories so they got that goin' for 'em.......

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

What if Dr. Ford is telling her version of the truth?  What if her testimony is not only credible, but impactful? 

9 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

i don't know, man.. hmm..you do seem like you know women though. toughie.

Maybe we should ask women their experience on this matter.. What is more likely in your experience?

1) a bogus charge of sexual assault or

2) actual sexual assault?

If you know women, you know the response.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

And that would exonerate Kavanaugh in what way?

Y'all really struggle with this.

In your mind that is not a possibility. What evidence is there other than her word/story?  You just have to believe her and not hiM based on absolutely nothing. 

You  really really want this to be true. Would you feel comfortable with your son or father being crucified publicly based on a vague statement with little detail and no confirmation or physical evidence form 35 years ago?

due process doesn’t mean shit when you can do more damage controlling the media narrative. 

You struggle with reality. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich