Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

It's going to come down to the credibility of Ford.  If she's credible, he's probably toast.  If she's not credible, the other stuff isn't going to be either.  Her lawyer is still "negotiating", so I'm still not convinced she's going to tell her story under oath. Apparently she's still objecting to having outside counsel question her, especially since outside counsel will be experienced with sex crimes.  For some reason, Ford finds that to be a problem.

Edited by Ragnarok
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

It's going to come down to the credibility of Ford.  If she's credible, he's probably toast.  If she's not credible, the other stuff isn't going to be either.  Her lawyer is still "negotiating", so I'm still not convinced she's going to tell her story under oath. Apparently she's still objecting to having outside counsel question her, especially since outside counsel will be experienced with sex crimes.  For some reason, Ford finds that to be a problem.

The republican senators are too much of a bunch of cowards to question her. They’re calling them out on their bullshit, you of course blame her and not the cowards. Because you’re a chump. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

Ford’s attorney doesn’t want her questioned by outside counsel.  Because her and her handlers want the narrative of old white males questioning her.  This is a political stunt and it’s sick.  Four people she named don’t corroborate her.   

Someone needs to ask that Senator from Hawaii if she voted for Bill Clinton.  Since women should be believed and all.  

reading as many as 4 accusers now.

anyone that has gone on record saying the R's should just vote and get it over with want to recant? I'm can't for sure anything is credible at this moment (including my opening statement above), but it isn't looking good. if you dug your heels in earlier, now is your chance to say you were probably wrong. because it's looking like you were.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ford’s attorney doesn’t want her questioned by outside counsel.  Because her and her handlers want the narrative of old white males questioning her.  This is a political stunt and it’s sick.  Four people she named don’t corroborate her.   

Someone needs to ask that Senator from Hawaii if she voted for Bill Clinton.  Since women should be believed and all.  

Why does that matter?  All of the Republicans on the committee voted for Trump.  Does that mean they're all lying?

Cavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed because he's a shitty justice.  He thinks birth control is akin to abortion and he ran up $200K in credit card bills going to baseball games for God's sake.  Throw in him being handsy his entire life and this country deserves better than him.  Motherfucker had no opinion on anything but he'll whip out his calendar from a date in the 1980's.  Do you have your day planner from then?  I don't.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why does that matter?  All of the Republicans on the committee voted for Trump.  Does that mean they're all lying?

Cavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed because he's a shitty justice.  He thinks birth control is akin to abortion and he ran up $200K in credit card bills going to baseball games for God's sake.  Throw in him being handsy his entire life and this country deserves better than him.  Motherfucker had no opinion on anything but he'll whip out his calendar from a date in the 1980's.  Do you have your day planner from then?  I don't.

I don’t.  I clerked for a federal judge and got to meet and socialize with a bunch of them.    They are a very different breed.  I wouldn’t be surprised if any of them had their old day planners from the 80s.  

From HotAir:

Oh, one more thing. If true, this actually could make the questioning of Ford on Thursday interesting:

BREAKING: Chairman Grassley has asked Blasey-Ford's lawyers to turn over results of a private polygraph Ford claims she took & passed–along with "the list of questions." The test was based on a statement "summarizing" her allegations, and may not have mentioned Kavanaugh by name

— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) September 24, 2018

Edited by Ragnarok

After the trip, there’s lots of virtual high-fiving all around, including an email from Kavanaugh in which he talks about gambling, getting aggressive and keeping secrets. That email was dated Sept. 10, 2001.

https://www.scribd.com/document/388011903/Kavanaugh-emails

Boy, uh, that was quite the week for Brett.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have not heard Kavanaugh complain about who is asking the questions, but her team sure is concerned about it.

I don’t think she shows, this was all a stunt to delay the confirmation.

Maybe it's because the party in power who would choose the questioner also have been publicly attacking her character and credibility, and that she may not feel they'll choose a neutral mediator

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Let  the FBI investigate.

weird none of this happened with Gorsuch, maybe because he wasn’t rapey 

Investigate what?  A 35 year old allegation with no details and where the accuser’s supposed witnesses don’t support the allegation?

Edited by Johnny Sack

This may seem like a distraction from all the fun rape talk, but this popped up in my Facebook feed. I wonder why people would lie to manipulate pro-lifers in support of Kavanaugh?

https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/09/15/jesus-came-so-we-could-have-abortions-implies-methodist-pastor/

Jesus Came So We Could Have Abortions, Implies Methodist Pastor

And the actual testimony:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Baker Testimony.pdf

My name is Alicia Wilson Baker. I am a pro-life Christian and an ordained minister from Indiana. I am honored to be invited here today to share with the Committee my story about being denied insurance coverage of birth control and to express my concerns about the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the United States Supreme Court. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Judge and the others she named.  That don’t support her story.  

There is a reason Feinstein sat on this bullshit 6 weeks before leaking it at the last minute. Even that old hag knew it was bullsit. 

Judge --- who she alleged took part in it -- and the others.... who are the others and what did they say? 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Let her tell her story under oath once first. 

Why not tell it to the FBI first and conduct an investigation? Why does it need to be to Congress first? Wouldn’t you rather have at least some kind of answer from the people who know how to investigate these things?

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Why not tell it to the FBI first and conduct an investigation? Why does it need to be to Congress first? Wouldn’t you rather have at least some kind of answer from the people who know how to investigate these things?

She’s free to give the fbi a statement.  They aren’t interested yet.  They’ve done 6 background checks.  If she has something substantial she should tell them

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

This may seem like a distraction from all the fun rape talk, but this popped up in my Facebook feed. I wonder why people would lie to manipulate pro-lifers in support of Kavanaugh?

https://pulpitandpen.org/2018/09/15/jesus-came-so-we-could-have-abortions-implies-methodist-pastor/

And the actual testimony:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Baker Testimony.pdf

russia-fb-ads-01.w1200.h630.jpg

2 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Judge --- who she alleged took part in it -- and the others.... who are the others and what did they say? 

Here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.weeklystandard.com/john-mccormack/blasey-fords-female-classmate-her-last-alleged-witness-denies-ever-attending-party-with-kavanaugh%3f_amp=true

Christine Blasey Ford has claimed that four other people attended a small gathering at which she was allegedly assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh. Three of those people, PJ Smyth, Mark Judge, and Kavanaugh, have already denied any recollection of attending such a party. 

On Saturday night, Leland Ingham Keyser, a classmate of Ford's at the all-girls school Holton-Arms and her final named witness, denied any recollection of attending a party with Brett Kavanaugh. 

"Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford," lawyer Howard J. Walsh said in a statement sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. 

CNN reports that " Keyser is a lifelong friend of Ford's."