2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

going for 2 was stupid as fucking shit.  really hope that doesn't end up costing us the game.

Going for it was fine. Why the hell did Sam throw it OOB? Just toss it into the endzone and at least give Collin/LJH a chance to come down with it. An INT doesn't hurt us.

Everyone’s in position. The defense is going to the right spots. The reads are all accurate. 

But they spent the first quarter and a half doing a walk through. Like they were trotting through the plays, not actually playing a game. Not ready. Not ready. 

I tried to tell you bitches getting angsty we didn't get the top rated RB in the country last year that Ingram was no slouch..

Saw him pretty much single handedly take over the state championship game his JR year. I think it was Abilene (Wylie?) They beat coached by a txhsfb hall of famer known for his defenses...and Case Keenum.

1 minute ago, Disco Missile said:

One of the perks of being a Longhorn fan right now is the early opportunities for heavy drinking.

Being down what 17 pts, and now only 2pts at half.... and get the Ball 1st with Wheeler returning in 2nd half after losing Gary..... I'll take it...

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

Would not be walking on it......trainer was pushing his foot back to get a cramp out. Took him in early to locker room to get early start on IVs most likely.

Yeah, it looked like they briefly tried to massage it out and then were trying to stretch it.

4 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Holy shit, find Clemson/fur man highlights. 

They have a play where the offensive line stays in their stance, all of them, threw a long pass for a completion.  

Furman so bad clemsons O-line doesn't even have to move.  

Yes, they stole that play from Beck’s O line scheme from last year.... except Becks went for a loss

Edited by US183

1 minute ago, US183 said:

Yes, they stole that play from Beck’s O line scheme from last year....

Seriously, that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.  Except the rest of the play call was good enough that it worked.  In our case the play call was for the QB to run for his life.