Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's right, though.

Is he? The guy who plays in the league of Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, and (more contemporary) Nick Fitzgerald?

Let's not forget that Ehlinger was injured against Baylor and aggravated his injury against Iowa State. Not exactly a collection of blue-chip talent.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's right. It's not a good idea to do it in the SEC. It's also not a good idea to do in the Big 12. He needs to be on the field. 

Yeah, but why specify the SEC? He was trying to insinuate that the SEC plays big boy football. 

Nobody is denying that Sam needs to be on the field. It's the SEC part that he's wrong about. Sam can get hurt in any league when he runs it. Just see these last 2 years in the Big 12. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 3

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, but why specify the SEC? He was trying to insinuate that the SEC plays big boy football. 

Nobody is denying that Sam needs to be on the field. It's the SEC part that he's wrong about. Sam can get hurt any league when he runs it. Just see these last 2 years in the Big 12. 

Because he's in the SEC and that's what they do. It's a better conference than the Big 12, he knows it, and they like the chest thump.

Big deal.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Because he's in the SEC and that's what they do. It's a better conference than the Big 12, he knows it, and they like the chest thump.

Big deal.

Yeah and he's still wrong. Ehlinger has been hurt the last two years in the Big 12 playing the way he does.

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

A bitch? This guy Fromm sounds like an Aggie. He's strutting because of the way they barely lost to Bama and bragging about his conference instead of his team.

Suddenly, I like our chances. We do well against smug Aggies. Last time we played them, their vienna weenies were hard as granite pebbles in anticipation of chanting SECSECSEC as they acquired eternal scoreboard.

Corso21-660x400-495x400.png

Allow me to caution you, my friend.

Edited by RomaVicta
Allow is so much better than let me. I feel a Pulitzer coming my way soon.

The mighty secsecsec defenses have looked pretty pedestrian across the board this year (past several years).  

Georgia has a decent defense. Alabama has a really good defense (who got away with murder last night). ISU would probably be the third best defensive unit in the SEC if they played there.  Hell they might have been the second best seeing that they could actually find and drop the qb. 

31 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Jake Fromm seems like a primadona bitch.

Bingo.  In the Big XII, QBs that can't move get lit up by defenses that prioritize pass rushing.  It's one reason there are so few statutes in the backfield in our conference.  Jake's always going to be immobile, Sam can dial it back.

Reminds me of Winston Churchill's rejoinder: Yes madame.  I may be drunk but you are ugly.  And in the morning, I shall be sober...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Austin Peay 

SCar

middle Tennessee

Mizzou

Tenn

Vandy

LSU

UF

UK

Barn

Umass

GT

Thats a season long murderers row I tell you.  2.5 respectable teams, the rest are meh to just terrible 

I would bet pretty big we end with 1-2 losses playing that schedule this year.

I just think the whole “SECSECSEC” thing is hilarious.  When Florida embarrased the Harbaughs, some Florida player wrote “This is the SEC” on a whiteboard.  Not proud of how good his team is, not bragging about his defense.  Bragging about the conference in which his team plays about 2/3 of their games. 

So is he equally happy to play at Mississippi State or Vanderbilt as long as it’s the SEC?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I just think the whole “SECSECSEC” thing is hilarious.  When Florida embarrased the Harbaughs, some Florida player wrote “This is the SEC” on a whiteboard.  Not proud of how good his team is, not bragging about his defense.  Bragging about the conference in which his team plays about 2/3 of their games. 

So is he equally happy to play at Mississippi State or Vanderbilt as long as it’s the SEC?

Soon they will celebrate losses to conference mates. Chanting Sec! on the field after losses while sucking each others dicks. As per modern Sec tradition.

Jake Bentley, Fromm.  Shrumer, and Joe Burrow are not much more than statues.  The Kentucky QB sucks at running and passing, but he is a better runner.  Arky QB's are slow footed statues.  They don't run much because they suck at running.  Hurts, Tua, Fitzgerald, andl Mond all run in the big bad SECSECSEC,  Piss on the SEC.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Is he? The guy who plays in the league of Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, and (more contemporary) Nick Fitzgerald?

Let's not forget that Ehlinger was injured against Baylor and aggravated his injury against Iowa State. Not exactly a collection of blue-chip talent.

Dakota Prescott, Jalen Hurts, etc etc

37 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Jake Bentley, Fromm.  Shrumer, and Joe Burrow are not much more than statues.  The Kentucky QB sucks at running and passing, but he is a better runner.  Arky QB's are slow footed statues.  They don't run much because they suck at running.  Hurts, Tua, Fitzgerald, andl Mond all run in the big bad SECSECSEC,  Piss on the SEC.

I guess we can dispense with the "smart white QB" stereotype in Fromm's case.

6 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Austin Peay 

SCar

middle Tennessee

Mizzou

Tenn

Vandy

LSU

UF

UK

Barn

Umass

GT

Thats a season long murderers row I tell you.  2.5 respectable teams, the rest are meh to just terrible 

I would bet pretty big we end with 1-2 losses playing that schedule this year.

Well, you wouldn't have played the juggernaut called Maryland, so that's one less loss there. 

😈

47 minutes ago, So_co said:

Well, you wouldn't have played the juggernaut called Maryland, so that's one less loss there. 

😈

Running into a team who just lost a teammate tends to be rough on most teams. Juggernaut maker it is...

Now the loss of Tupac appearently is a juggernaut slayer.

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Neither does Texas. Maryland’s four other wins were Bowling Green, Minnesota, Rutgers, and Illinois. 

Maryland wasn't good, but they're a a couple tiers above the little sisters of the poor that many teams schedule in week 1. This is also the team that took Ohio State to the brink.

None of this excuses our piss-poor performance in week 1, of course.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

Neither does Texas. Maryland’s four other wins were Bowling Green, Minnesota, Rutgers, and Illinois. 

They also took #6 Ohio State to OT.  That's pretty much the definition of "decent" as opposed to great.  Showed they could hang with almost anyone despite a losing record.  But thanks for proving my point for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Maryland wasn't good, but they're a a couple tiers above the little sisters of the poor that many teams schedule in week 1. This is also the team that took Ohio State to the brink.

None of this excuses our piss-poor performance in week 1, of course.

I agree with that. I don’t think they classify as ‘decent’ though. On the whole, Texas non-con schedules are much more difficult than any given SEC team, though. 

1 minute ago, sushihorn said:

They also took #6 Ohio State to OT.  That's pretty much the definition of "decent" as opposed to great.  Showed they could hang with almost anyone despite a losing record.  But thanks for proving my point for me.

Maryland is not a decent football team. They suck. 

7 minutes ago, Constant said:

I agree with that. I don’t think they classify as ‘decent’ though. On the whole, Texas non-con schedules are much more difficult than any given SEC team, though. 

UGA has scheduled home and homes with ND (2nd one is next year), Clemson, Texas, and UCLA. One offs with Virginia and Oregon. Working on it. 

4 minutes ago, So_co said:

UGA has scheduled home and homes with ND (2nd one is next year), Clemson, Texas, and UCLA. One offs with Virginia and Oregon. Working on it. 

It’s a start, but UGA still played Austin Peay and UMASS this year alone. The November SEC vs. FCS bye-week is bullshit. 

20 minutes ago, Constant said:

Maryland is not a decent football team. They suck. 

Projecting?  Maryland is the definition of an average D1 football team.  Sagarin has them ranked #57, having gone 5-7 against the #16 schedule.

Nobody is saying Maryland is a juggernaut.  They're in the same tier as USC, K State, Nebraska, and Cal.  A bit ahead of Baylor & Virginia Tech.  Well ahead of Florida Atlantic and UCLA, a hair behind Army (heh).

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As game 1?

Exact dates aren't set yet for seasons past '19. That being said, at least two of them will be game 1 (Virginia and Oregon).

CORRECTION- They all do seem to be opening games other than ND

Edited by So_co

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Projecting?  Maryland is the definition of an average D1 football team.  Sagarin has them ranked #57, having gone 5-7 against the #16 schedule.

Nobody is saying Maryland is a juggernaut.  They're in the same tier as USC, K State, Nebraska, and Cal.  A bit ahead of Baylor & Virginia Tech.  Well ahead of Florida Atlantic and UCLA, a hair behind Army (heh).

I swear the past 8 years of Texas football has warped the shit out of y’alls minds. 

• Fuck You 2