Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Is beating UGA the epitome of getting the job done?  If that's the measuring stick than yeah Sam has scoreboard there.

As a true sophomore with less talented players and season two of an offense? I'd say that's a pretty indicator that he's trending up. Baker got to be with Lincoln for almost 5 years. Sam had Tom for 2. 

You've convinced me.  Bakers alright and all, but clearly Sam is on the superior trajectory and the only thing that can derail him are things outside of his control so they don't really count.

I think you're reading too much into what I'm saying. Obviously Baker is talented, and ou was lucky to have him. It doesn't make me wrong because I would rather have Sam as my qb. It has zero to do with Baker going to ou. None. Had you asked me last year I would have told you Baker. This year # I'm happy Sam is growing and beat a team Baker and ou couldn't. Why is that wrong?

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Baker got to be with Lincoln for almost 5 years.

Sure, if we define "almost 5" as "3".  Riley showed up at Oklahoma in January, 2015.  Mayfield wrapped up his college career in January, 2018.  Riley was at East Carolina when Mayfield was at Texas Tech.

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think you're reading too much into what I'm saying. Obviously Baker is talented, and ou was lucky to have him. It doesn't make me wrong because I would rather have Sam as my qb. It has zero to do with Baker going to ou. None. Had you asked me last year I would have told you Baker. This year # I'm happy Sam is growing and beat a team Baker and ou couldn't. Why is that wrong?

Nothing, but winning conference championships trumps beating UGA in a non playoff Sugar Bowl.  It's not like he's got nothing to show for his time at OU.  Your argument that Sam in year 2 is better than Baker at year 2 is valid (since Baker was sitting out), but not everyone makes the leaps that Baker made in years 3,4, and 5.  And we won't even be seeing a 5th year for Sam.

Nothing, but winning conference championships trumps beating UGA in a non playoff Sugar Bowl.  It's not like he's got nothing to show for his time at OU.  Your argument that Sam in year 2 is better than Baker at year 2 is valid (since Baker was sitting out), but not everyone makes the leaps that Baker made in years 3,4, and 5.  And we won't even be seeing a 5th year for Sam.

I never said Sam is better than Baker in year two. I've done nothing but praise him for being talented. All I said was I would rather have Sam as my qb, and now you and your buddy just can't fathom someone wanting a kid who has faced adversity his entire life vs a guy who has everything given to him. Obviously they're both talented but different QB's, and I'd still take Sam this year over Baker. 

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I never said Sam is better than Baker in year two. I've done nothing but praise him for being talented. All I said was I would rather have Sam as my qb, and now you and your buddy just can't fathom someone wanting a kid who has faced adversity his entire life vs a guy who has everything given to him.\

I never said anything of the sort.  I'm also not an OU fan -- I'm a fan of facts.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

All I said was I would rather have Sam as my qb, and now you and your buddy just can't fathom someone wanting a kid who has faced adversity his entire life vs a guy who has everything given to him. 

I hate that douche bag Baker Mayfield as much as anyone, but the dude had to walk on at Tech then prove himself again at Oklahoma. I don't think the guy had anything handed to him that he didn't earn and that includes that Arkansas cop decking him. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I don't care about the NFL. Baker hasn't accomplished anything, other than getting drafted. I think Baker is immensely talented, but I would still take Sam's grit over Baker. I don't hate the kid at all. I'm glad he's living his dream, but he's a spoiled pussy who has everything handed to him on a platter, and Sam goes out and wins as a sophomore and less talented team.

Guy walked on at Tech. First true freshman walk-on to ever start an opener at QB in FBS history. Then he walked on at OU and won the job there. 

But sure, other than that (and a Heisman, and a ROY), he’s just been handed everything on a platter 🙄

Edit: Beaten to it. Anyway, the fact that he’s a douchebag doesn’t negate all that.

Edited by formermav43

I'm certainly more proud to have a QB with character like Sam representing my alma mater, than a douche nozzle like Mayfield. 

But, fuck, Mayfield can flat out play.  To insinuate that Sam is at or approaching his level of ball is....not accurate.  But, he keeps getting better and better, so who knows where he'll end up when all is said and done. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I hate that douche bag Baker Mayfield as much as anyone, but the dude had to walk on at Tech then prove himself again at Oklahoma. I don't think the guy had anything handed to him that he didn't earn and that includes that Arkansas cop decking him. 

True. I was speaking more towards the end, not the beginning. Not to mention he really hasn't faced adversity, other than walking on and having a new rule about transferring.

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Guy walked on at Tech. First true freshman walk-on to ever start an opener at QB in FBS history. Then he walked on at OU and won the job there. 

But sure, other than that (and a Heisman, and a ROY), he’s just been handed everything on a platter 🙄

Edit: Beaten to it. Anyway, the fact that he’s a douchebag doesn’t negate all that.

Don't care. Sam beat UGA when ou couldn't. Sam is a true sophomore. The Heisman is meaningless. He's not ROY...yet. But yeah, he walked on at tech and had a new rule made for him. Must be a tough life. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm certainly more proud to have a QB with character like Sam representing my alma mater, than a douche nozzle like Mayfield. 

But, fuck, Mayfield can flat out play.  To insinuate that Sam is at or approaching his level of ball is....not accurate.  But, he keeps getting better and better, so who knows where he'll end up when all is said and done. 

Well, no. They're two different types of QB's. They play differently, and have different offensive systems. Baker is a talented dude, but I feel good about Sam going forward.

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Don't care. Sam beat UGA when ou couldn't. Sam is a true sophomore. The Heisman is meaningless. He's not ROY...yet. But yeah, he walked on at tech and had a new rule made for him. Must be a tough life. 

“He has everything handed to him on a platter.”

Except, you know, a scholarship.

Oh, and Mayfield won multiple conference titles, if you want to play the comparison game.

Im going to stop defending him now, because it’s gross. But you’re just factually wrong.

I keep thinking of that series that was first and goal from the 1. Sam ran it 4 times in a row, and got beaten up on every single one of the runs, but still punched it in. That last run, Georgia actually had him in the backfield about a yard shy of the goal -- they actually went shotgun on a QB keeper at 1st and goal. Sam juked one defender then stretched and willed past the goal line.

What a badass play.

3 minutes ago, BigXII said:

I keep thinking of that series that was first and goal from the 1. Sam ran it 4 times in a row, and got beaten up on every single one of the runs, but still punched it in. That last run, Georgia actually had him in the backfield about a yard shy of the goal -- they actually went shotgun on a QB keeper at 1st and goal. Sam juked one defender then stretched and willed past the goal line.

What a badass play.

got u fam

giphy.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BigXII said:

What a badass play.

and thus "Go Fuck Yourself Bitch" 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Mayfield is a douchebag loser who acts like an insecure teenage girl, but he did win three conference championships.

No, I don't care about the Heisman but I do care about conference championships.

Baker for being a world class athlete and excellent QB, is an insecure little bitch.