Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Eh, you gotta poke the bear every now and again. I’ll let the OSU guys kiss y’alls ass. I can respect his play and make fun of him at the same time. 

Lol. Only an OU fan would think not being a total fucking dick equates to kissing ass. Gonna go out on a limb and guess you’re not a grad.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Lol. Only an OU fan would think not being a total fucking dick equates to kissing ass. Gonna go out on a limb and guess you’re not a grad.

What percent of local or state LEOs in the field have 4-year degrees? I ask because that is what I (erroneously?) understood to be his line of work. I appreciate their service but thought most of the guys with more education wound up in more specialized roles or up in the command structure.

9 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Both? Didn't work the first time? Other shoulder? Or...?

I was 30 days post op on the right shoulder when they cleared me to start therapy, on day before Thanksgiving 2017.   Within 20 minutes of first therapy visit, the therapist destroyed the repair having me do things I wasn't supposed to be doing yet.  Yes, it was in their written orders.  Mid December,  had to do it all over again.

On a side note, the first surgery imo went great.  For a week before I started formal therapy I was doing great on my exercised they gave me to do post op and was 100% pain free for the first time in years.

Edited by SHOOTER12

I only had a partial tear two years ago and it had healed somewhat buy the time I went to the doctor a couple months afterwards. As a result he didn’t’t think surgery was necessary. Did some rehab and it was fine until reinjuring it a month ago.

My chiropractor checked it out on my regular visit and said it was partially dislocated. After he did an easy “adjustment” it popped back in and the joint has regained full ROM, although it gets sore off & on.

Edited by Armybrat

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I only had a partial tear two years ago and it had healed somewhat buy the time I went to the doctor a couple months afterwards. As a result he didn’t’t think surgery was necessary. Did some rehab and it was fine until reinjuring it a month ago.

My chiropractor checked it out on my regular visit and said it was partially dislocated. After he did an easy “adjustment” it popped back in and the joint has regained full ROM, although it gets sore off & on.

Chiropractors often help things feel better when they pop backs/joints or whatever. When they tell you something is “subluxated” or “partially dislocated,” they reveal that they are either profoundly ignorant or crooked. It is OK to pay them to pop your joints for you (not your neck— they sometimes cause strokes) or to hook you up to stim (available from Amazon for less than the cost of one visit, no rx required), but don’t imagine that what they do is more than remotely concerned with science.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Chiropractors often help things feel better when they pop backs/joints or whatever. When they tell you something is “subluxated” or “partially dislocated,” they reveal that they are either profoundly ignorant or crooked. It is OK to pay them to pop your joints for you (not your neck— they sometimes cause strokes) or to hook you up to stim (available from Amazon for less than the cost of one visit, no rx required), but don’t imagine that what they do is more than remotely concerned with science.

My chiropractor doesn’t do the quackery thing. He’s a very competent bone cruncher, which always helps. 

If I need medical attention then it’s the MD ASAP.

10 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I understand they have made progress, but the origins in snake oil type shit spook me away from Chiropractors. 

Daniel David Palmer (D.D. Palmer), a teacher and grocer turned magnetic healer, opened his office of magnetic healing in Davenport, Iowa in 1886. After nine years,[4] D.D. Palmer gave the first chiropractic adjustment to Harvey Lillard, on September 18, 1895.[10]According to D.D. Palmer, adjusting the spine is the cure for all diseases for the human race.

Acupuncture on the other hand... That Voodoo is real

13 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Preach, sister!

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Most chiros I've gone to in the last few years have paired the mobilization with PT, so you allow ROM and then strengthen. It's not bad science.

Which is bullshit. It’s illegal for them to advertise as delivering physical therapy. 

csb/  I went to law school with a dude that came from a long line of chiros.  When he had a kiddo, it had the common inner-ear problem that is usually solved by "tubes."  Before going that route, though, he took the kiddo to the kind of chiro that thinks they can help other than musculo-skeletal problems and said chiro was holding the infant by his feet and swinging him around in circles.  Dude's wife said "no mas," and tubes were installed shortly thereafter.

Until that time, I was unaware that modern chiros still attempted that sort of thing.

/csb

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

csb/  I went to law school with a dude that came from a long line of chiros.  When he had a kiddo, it had the common inner-ear problem that is usually solved by "tubes."  Before going that route, though, he took the kiddo to the kind of chiro that thinks they can help other than musculo-skeletal problems and said chiro was holding the infant by his feet and swinging him around in circles.  Dude's wife said "no mas," and tubes were installed shortly thereafter.

Until that time, I was unaware that modern chiros still attempted that sort of thing.

/csb

Check out YouTube. There are many videos of chiros working on the necks of babies. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

csb/  I went to law school with a dude that came from a long line of chiros.  When he had a kiddo, it had the common inner-ear problem that is usually solved by "tubes."  Before going that route, though, he took the kiddo to the kind of chiro that thinks they can help other than musculo-skeletal problems and said chiro was holding the infant by his feet and swinging him around in circles. 

One of my best friends is a chiro. Until he began practicing, I had no idea that there are basically two schools of thought in the chiro world, and their schools teach one or the other. One school is musculo-skeletal based and the other is holistic--kind of like acupuncture. After my buddy  graduated, he interviewed with a very successful chiro group that believes that adjustments can solve everything in life. He said those were the nuttiest people he had ever met and ran the other way. He is very scientifically based and understands his role in wellness.

I grew up with parents who thought all chiropractors were quacks and I have never been to one personally. [/csb]

One of my best friends is a chiro. Until he began practicing, I had no idea that there are basically two schools of thought in the chiro world, and their schools teach one or the other. One school is musculo-skeletal based and the other is holistic--kind of like acupuncture. After my buddy  graduated, he interviewed with a very successful chiro group that believes that adjustments can solve everything in life. He said those were the nuttiest people he had ever met and ran the other way. He is very scientifically based and understands his role in wellness.
I grew up with parents who thought all chiropractors were quacks and I have never been to one personally. [/csb]

So your buddy is a physical therapist
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Or it's just an office that employs both a DC and a DPT. 

One of these two has an advanced degree from an accredited health sciences center. His/her training included basic science classes taught by PhDs and actual human anatomy including cadaveric dissection, not to mention clinical experience which must also be accredited and based on evidence. The other may have varying degrees of exposure to anatomy and is from a field in which there is genuine controversy whether science represents an outside and pernicious influence. Thus the irony that a DC can order PT. I have a DC in the family. Love him and would let him pop my back. Would not let him diagnose or treat otherwise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, BurntBlood said:

Tenacity. Strength. Sheer will. Overcoming adversity. These are values that for Sam were born not on, but off the field. He has brought these values back to Texas in a time when they were sorely needed, and with them, will now look to bring Texas back to glory.

Friendly advice: turn your sound up. A lot.

Took me about 3 weeks of on and off work as I was trying my best to tell the full story of Sam's impact on the program.

If this video sucks, I apologize. I tried my best to make something different than the usual cookie cutter hype video.

Thanks, Sam!

1 hour ago, BurntBlood said:

Tenacity. Strength. Sheer will. Overcoming adversity. These are values that for Sam were born not on, but off the field. He has brought these values back to Texas in a time when they were sorely needed, and with them, will now look to bring Texas back to glory.

Friendly advice: turn your sound up. A lot.

Took me about 3 weeks of on and off work as I was trying my best to tell the full story of Sam's impact on the program.

If this video sucks, I apologize. I tried my best to make something different than the usual cookie cutter hype video.

Really nice overall.  Loved the interviews with his mom and Tom Herman.  Lost me a little at the end.  The Sugar Bowl was great but the number of clips featuring others diluted the focus on Sam.