Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

giphy.gif

Some will likely disagree with my opinion but I’d like to see LJH trying to find someone to hit once he knows Sam is running. I don’t think this is a one time thing either. Several times throughout his career, I’ve expected to see more effort when he didn’t have the ball.

Absolutely need to keep him healthy next year. Would like to see Herman limit he number of designed runs, esp against lesser opponents. Hand it off to the RB instead of QB power 4x inside the 2 yard line.

I think Sam was kinda dazed then. He seemed a little drained. Dazed may not be the right word, but he took a hell of a shot to the head.

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Mayfield is a douchebag loser who acts like an insecure teenage girl, but he did win three conference championships.

No, I don't care about the Heisman but I do care about conference championships.

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Mayfield is a douchebag loser who acts like an insecure teenage girl, but he did win three conference championships.

No, I don't care about the Heisman but I do care about conference championships.

So you're the biggest difference between the two is between the legs... I can live with that. 

I could live with some CCs also.

Oh come on.  I get it, he's a Sooner and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans, but the guy was the catalyst and a big part in turning a pathetic 0-16 Cleveland Browns team into a legitimate 7-8-1 threat . . . in one year.
It's no use trying to explain that to people on here. Their bias against certain players because of the school they attended is laughable.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:
Oh come on.  I get it, he's a Sooner and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans, but the guy was the catalyst and a big part in turning a pathetic 0-16 Cleveland Browns team into a legitimate 7-8-1 threat . . . in one year.

It's no use trying to explain that to people on here. Their bias against certain players because of the school they attended is laughable.

Spare us the sanctimony.  How much hate have you seen directed at Sam Bradford?  What school did he play for again?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Spare us the sanctimony.  How much hate have you seen directed at Sam Bradford?  What school did he play for again?

I don't even know how one could have interpreted " . . . and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans" as somehow implying that we should all fawn over Mayfield.  He IS a Grade A douchebag.  He's also a helluva QB.

He got in on the 4th try and that’s all that matters, but do we have to have Sam in the shotgun taking snaps when trying to get in at the 1? Does Herman want him to have momentum there? He has to cover 5 yards and avoid at least one tackler before he even gets back to the LOS...Felt like I was taking crazy pills

6 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

He got in on the 4th try and that’s all that matters, but do we have to have Sam in the shotgun taking snaps when trying to get in at the 1? Does Herman want him to have momentum there? He has to cover 5 yards and avoid at least one tackler before he even gets back to the LOS...Felt like I was taking crazy pills

Theory:  Herman knew they would be going for 2 after they scored and by continuing to have Sam blast the middle set Georgia up for stacking the box on the 2 point conversion, (Just "knowing" Sam would run it)  thus making the 2 point conversion quite easy when everyone crashed the middle.

24 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even know how one could have interpreted " . . . and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans" as somehow implying that we should all fawn over Mayfield.  He IS a Grade A douchebag.  He's also a helluva QB.

It's not that Vic Mackey is above it all and objective, it's that he prefers douchebag behavior. That's why he consistently defends Mayfield and Manziel and shits on Bradford.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think it was more of a tin cup moment.  He wanted the team to prove they could punch it in that way. 

Yes, this is my take as well. Herman is a stubborn SoB and has an ego to match. I think the GFYB was aptly named. He dared them to stop it 4 times and they didn't.

25 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Sam making them burn that TO at the end of the 3rd when Georgia just thought we were content to let the clock run out was brilliant. Such an underrated and heady play by Sam

Giving credit to wrong person..... that was Herman's call, so great job by Hermanator....🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

You can tell how much confidence Tom Herman has in Sam.  Herman puts the ball in Sam's hands when the game is on the line and Sam wants the same thing.  You can almost tell how big the game is by looking at how many times he has Sam carry the rock.  Coach's confidence reinforces the rest of the team's faith in their QB and the kid's toughness reinforces that.  He had 15 carries (excluding sacks) against USC, 18 in the RRS, 14 in the Big XII CG and 19 carries in the Sugar Bowl. 

• Like 2

I’m biased against him because he is an unlikable, low class fucking douchebag of the highest order.

I don’t irrationally hate players because of where they play. I loved samaje perine who played at OU, totally class kid and a badass. Had no problem with Bradford or a number of other sooners who were good guys. Loved dat nguyen who was an aggy.

Conversely I hated bosworth, manziel and mayfield for their low class antics and personalities. I also never cared for several horns who were assholes such as clemens, luke axtell, gabe muoneke etc. I wanted them to do well to give the horns the best chance to win but it m not going to pretend they were good guys.

2 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Sam was absolutely nails.  Converted EIGHT 3rd downs.  Two of them were 3rd and 4, five others were 3rd and 5+.  Same routine greatness he's been doing all season.

Man, anyone remember how hard converting third downs was under CS and Watson?  3rd and 5+ yards was absolute death. 

I was listening to a longhorn podcast and they brought up this stat and the QBs that had accomplished it.  Who are the QBs that have had Atleast 25 passing TDs and Atleast 15 rushing TDs?  I can’t remember all the names but some of them were Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Marriota, and i think Lamar Jackson.  

Sam made that list.  All those other QBs won a heisman.  Sam will be on the heisman watch to start next season forsure. 

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think it was more of a tin cup moment.  He wanted the team to prove they could punch it in that way. 

It was a culture moment for Tom.

Just like the LJH move-the-pile reception earlier in the game (or in the ISU game, the first OU game, etc.)

He's big on these kind of things.

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It was a culture moment for Tom.

Just like the LJH move-the-pile reception earlier in the game (or in the ISU game, the first OU game, etc.)

He's big on these kind of things.

There was a moment in the big 12 ccg where we had the chance to do one of those and push the pile, and no one came to do it.  When I saw that, I thought we didn't have the same intensity we'd had against ou the first time around. 

When I saw us push the pile early against uga, for another 10 yards or so, I knew we were ready for a fight. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 7:18 AM, Hiphopopotamos said:

His point was that Herman hasn't 'protected' his QB in any offense he's ever run.  The QB is going to be part of the running game and is asked/expected to be tough and play physical like the rest of the team.

But it doesn't mean he needs to play reckless - that slide in the 4th quarter where he made the decision to not try and dive for the first down (and continue to run clock) is a good example of Sam playing smart in this offense and taking care of himself.

Herman has his QBs participate in a bull in the ring match up before the spring game.  Protecting QBs has no place in his football culture.  Anybody that doesn't like it is going to have to get over it.

Tim Tebow would fully approve.