Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

I have a lot of favorite players at Texas. Earl. Ricky. VY. Orakpo. Casey Hampton. James Brown. Quan Cosby. Colt. Kasey Motherfuckin' Studdard. Bo Scaife. It's a very long and very crowded list of outstanding individuals, and you've gotta be pretty special to climb up in the ranks.

Sam is making serious moves up the list.

Take the loss, pussy. Go fuck yourself, bitch. We're baaaaaaaaack...

No interceptions or fumbles. 

Honestly, that has been the number one difference in his game yoy.  I've never seen a player switch from being so turnover prone to so efficient with the ball in such a short period of time.  We've won a lot of close games this season that could've been losses with a single turnover from Sam. 

From the moment the safety that should've been wasn't called against usc, he's been a different player.  Maybe he just needed one break to go his way, I don't know, but we're damn lucky to have him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Honestly, that has been the number one difference in his game yoy.  I've never seen a player switch from being so turnover prone to so efficient with the ball in such a short period of time.  We've won a lot of close games this season that could've been losses with a single turnover from Sam. 

From the moment the safety that should've been wasn't called against usc, he's been a different player.  Maybe he just needed one break to go his way, I don't know, but we're damn lucky to have him. 

Yeah, so I’m going to have to, sort of, agree with you on this.

A lot of us thought that turnover-prone true freshman Sam was what we were going to get for the next couple of years. But holy shit the kid has really turned it around and become one of our most reliable players. 

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I have a lot of favorite players at Texas. Earl. Ricky. VY. Orakpo. Casey Hampton. James Brown. Quan Cosby. Colt. Kasey Motherfuckin' Studdard. Bo Scaife. It's a very long and very crowded list of outstanding individuals, and you've gotta be pretty special to climb up in the ranks.

Sam is making serious moves up the list.

Take the loss, pussy. Go fuck yourself, bitch. We're baaaaaaaaack...

I know no one here wants to believe this, but he's a lot like Baker Mayfield.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

On his runs, which were plentiful, he also was very patient and precise with his acceleration and direction, like a pro running back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not everyone. Some had it pegged from the beginning while others insisted on calling him names. 

You are right. It wasn't all. I used "us" as s collective.

I will say i have never seen this big of a turnaround outside math....   don't get it, don't get it, don't get it. Then like a lightbulb one day to the next, it just clicks.

His struggles as a freshman (through Maryland this year) would have broken many of past and present qb's, but the kid never put his head down, nor did he make excuses.. and Sam the Man immerged. 

Now hopefully ESPN finds their "Kyler" somewhere else next year and keeps their grubby little paws off our Sam...   Then they can run the Hiesman hype all they want his sr year. Our program really needs two more years under his leadership. 

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Absolutely need to keep him healthy next year. Would like to see Herman limit he number of designed runs, esp against lesser opponents. Hand it off to the RB instead of QB power 4x inside the 2 yard line.

Need to get more production in the red zone from the RBs in the running game. Would like to see Ingram get 12+ rushing TDs next year.

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Need to get more production in the red zone from the RBs in the running game. Would like to see Ingram get 12+ rushing TDs next year.

Yeah as it stands right now we need Sam pounding it or we lose.  We've got to be able to get more production elsewhere or it's just another season of praying he doesn't get hurt the wrong week.

31 minutes ago, El Squared said:

On his runs, which were plentiful, he also was very patient and precise with his acceleration and direction, like a pro running back. 

Yep. Also good balance. That 1st down on 3rd and long near the goal line was incredible. He got popped, and just kept his legs moving and got the first down. I was amazed he could get the first down without scoring, but it was literally that crazy close.

Where did he learn that toughness and balance?

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah as it stands right now we need Sam pounding it or we lose.  We've got to be able to get more production elsewhere or it's just another season of praying he doesn't get hurt the wrong week.

I wish we would practice some under center plays for the RB for goal line situations and short yardage.  Another platform to build play options from.

2 hours ago, msbesq said:

I know no one here wants to believe this, but he's a lot like Baker Mayfield.

I haven't seen him flitting around in a tutu yet or getting tackled by Arkansas cops while trying to run away so, no, he's really not.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

There's a work ethic and drive that cannot be taught.

Except it was taught. By his parents. Sam is honoring his dad with his play. He is motivated every time he suits up.

I've done my mea culpa on this thread already, but I was very wrong about Sam after the Maryland game. He's a winner, and that rubs off on everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The difference between Sam and Baker is between the ears and their heart. Sam refused to lose and wants to get better, whereas Baker is more concerned with where he'll be drafted. Both are talented, but I'd take Sam all day over Baker.

Oh come on.  I get it, he's a Sooner and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans, but the guy was the catalyst and a big part in turning a pathetic 0-16 Cleveland Browns team into a legitimate 7-8-1 threat . . . in one year.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The difference between Sam and Baker is between the ears and their heart. Sam refused to lose and wants to get better, whereas Baker is more concerned with where he'll be drafted. Both are talented, but I'd take Sam all day over Baker.

That doesn't follow at all. Baker is much douchier than Sam, but "want-to" has never been issue with him.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh come on.  I get it, he's a Sooner and should rightfully be hated by Texas fans, but the guy was the catalyst and a big part in turning a pathetic 0-16 Cleveland Browns team into a legitimate 7-8-1 threat . . . in one year.

And yet he couldn't beat UGA, but Sam came in and promised not to lose again, thus winning the Sugar Bowl. Get out of here with the "people hate Baker" bullshit. No hates him. He's talented, but obviously he can't get the job done like Sam can. That's a fact.

Edited by Spider2YBanana

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That and a completely different league of arm talent which turns out can be pretty important for a QB.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

That and a completely different league of arm talent which turns out can be pretty important for a QB.

Yeah, because arm strength has proven how valuable it is, not wanting to win. Tom Brady must suck, and Peyton and his arm strength laugh with Jeff George touching himself in a corner.

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

And yet he couldn't beat UGA, but Sam came in and promised not to lose again, thus winning the Sugar Bowl. Get out of here with the "people hate Baker" bullshit. No hates him. He's talented, but obviously he can't get the job done like Sam can. That's a fact.

Consider me fully hooked.  Yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, because arm strength has proven how valuable it is, not wanting to win. Tom Brady must suck, and Peyton and his arm strength laugh with Jeff George touching himself in a corner.

Yeah but Baker accomplished way more than those guys in college  So now Baker has to outdo them as an NFL player in order to be better than Sam?

Edited by Gene Parmesan

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah but Baker accomplished way more than those guys in college  So now Baker has to outdo their as an NFL player in order to be better than Sam?

I don't care about the NFL. Baker hasn't accomplished anything, other than getting drafted. I think Baker is immensely talented, but I would still take Sam's grit over Baker. I don't hate the kid at all. I'm glad he's living his dream, but he's a spoiled pussy who has everything handed to him on a platter, and Sam goes out and wins as a sophomore and less talented team.