Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

yeah, but y'all act like it was baseless.

some of the turnovers last year were seriously head scratchers. plus, nobody here was in love with buechele, yet they had a competition for the starting role in the summer. you can't sit here now and act like there was no reason to doubt sam. if you were right you were right- if you believed in him all along then you got it right-  it there was reason for doubt coming into this season, and there was definitely more reason for doubt after two games. he's come a very long way since week one- maybe the most improved player in the country over the course of this year. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I was in the burn it all down club after Maryland and Tulsa, and I'm not ashamed of it. It wasn't baseless. We like to hate on OG haters like CTJ, because , well, CTJ is a huge piece of shit and has been for many many years. But, unlike CTJ, we don't all think we truly know everything, and we can admit when we are wrong. Sam is the man. Tom is the man. Let's rock 'n roll!

• Like 2

Our collective error was not taking in enough data. After Maryland, we had Sam’s freshman year behind 5 sheets of toilet paper and one game to apply the off-season tutelage that pile of crap received as negatives. We focused on that rather than on the general success TH seems to achieve and the things about Sam that made most of us happy to sign him. We thought we had enough data. The data was incomplete even though reliable, and we were jumping very prematurely to a conclusion because we did not appreciate the development timing.

On Sam Ehlinger's health:  Herman said (Sam) just had a steroid injection to help his ailing throwing shoulder injury. Ehlinger did not require surgery, Herman said, and the junior-to-be should be ready for spring practice.

(Shane is still currently on team, but in transfer portal......and may go thru both Winter Offseason and possibly Spring Ball too.)

https://www.hookem.com/story/transfers-texas-coach-tom-herman-excited-new-look-quarterback-room/

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
I was in the burn it all down club after Maryland and Tulsa, and I'm not ashamed of it. It wasn't baseless. We like to hate on OG haters like CTJ, because , well, CTJ is a huge piece of shit and has been for many many years. But, unlike CTJ, we don't all think we truly know everything, and we can admit when we are wrong. Sam is the man. Tom is the man. Let's rock 'n roll!

Cosigned in regards to Sam. Freshman Sam + Maryland Sam into what we saw moving forward is one of the quickest and most dramatic changes of course I've ever seen in a QB. He still has room to improve too, which just feels too good to be true after the QB drought we've had.

As to Herman, he's obviously done a good job so far despite the setbacks we've all, myself included, harped on ad nauseam already. I need to see him deliver in 2019 as a favorite in at least 10, maybe all 12 games before I am totally sold. He has proven prone to failure in that roll, and yet it's where we all expect this program to be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On 2/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, gmr548 said:

Cosigned in regards to Sam. Freshman Sam + Maryland Sam into what we saw moving forward is one of the quickest and most dramatic changes of course I've ever seen in a QB. He still has room to improve too, which just feels too good to be true after the QB drought we've had.

As to Herman, he's obviously done a good job so far despite the setbacks we've all, myself included, harped on ad nauseam already. I need to see him deliver in 2019 as a favorite in at least 10, maybe all 12 games before I am totally sold. He has proven prone to failure in that roll, and yet it's where we all expect this program to be.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Amazing how much a young QB can improve during a season when he has better pass protection.

13 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

If it was before a game I would have said steroids. After the season I think something more experimental like PRP or stem cells is a significant possibility.

This.  Stem cell treatment is being used more and more it seems.  I see it being used in worker's comp treatment these days.

13 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

If it was before a game I would have said steroids. After the season I think something more experimental like PRP or stem cells is a significant possibility.

Thx for all your medical analysis Magus....  What was the actual injury to Sam's throwing shoulder?

On 2/9/2019 at 7:33 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

It's worrisome that the shoulder is still a problem.   Its been a month since the last game.  Obviously  he won't take any hits until next september, but still.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:30 PM, Jkwellborn said:

It’s probably a lot worse than they let on.

Call me a worry wart, but those have been my thoughts exactly.  Surely hope we're not in for a big surprise this fall.

22 hours ago, Matuka said:

This.  Stem cell treatment is being used more and more it seems.  I see it being used in worker's comp treatment these days.

100% accurate.  On both of my rotator cuff surgeries the doctor injected stem cells into the joint when he did the augmentation.

46 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Same here.  We could sure use a couple blowouts to give Casey Thompson some meaningful game reps, because among the few things we've learned the past two seasons is that Sam will miss a game here or there with injuries.

That is a legit hope and concern for 2019.  QB2 will be a possible future starter and a guy who can run Herman's whole offense.  That's a guy you want to get into games whenever possible for seasoning now that he's had his redshirt year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Play Thompson early and often.  Save Roschon's redshirt.

Remember Roschon can play four games and still keep his shirt.

Here is hoping we actually blow out more than four teams so this becomes a concern.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Remember Roschon can play four games and still keep his shirt.

Here is hoping we actually blow out more than four teams so this becomes a concern.

That's what I meant. Play Thompson early in the season. Late in the year you can  get Roschon snaps, but you want Thompson ready to go.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Same here.  We could sure use a couple blowouts to give Casey Thompson some meaningful game reps, because among the few things we've learned the past two seasons is that Sam will miss a game here or there with injuries.

Your mom could stand to sit out every now and then. 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:05 PM, Eskimohorn said:

I gave up trying to find the first post defending Sam. I liked reading some of those in Bill Paxton’s voice (as Hudson in Aliens or as Chet in Weird Science). Lots of panicking a-holes.

I was battling the pro-Shane troop and defending Sam since the 2017 USC game. He's obviously been the guy since that game.

Go to 1:42 and feel that momentum swing

Then keep watching it swing right back before the half with two great throws from a Freshman Sam in his first start.