Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

We should absolutely look into him..... He's had a drop issue last year (which was never a huge thing before), but seems to have fixed it this year.  This year, the Oakland offense is a fucking mess and Gruden looks like he has no idea how to use his weapons.  He's trying to build his offense around a 32 year old RB with over 2700 high intensity touches..... smh.

6 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Nah, we win again and Garrett gets an extension + time in Jerry's personal gloryhole. 

opie got an extension at halftime today.  and the redskins will beat us. 

but this shellacking we put on the jags flat out guarantees that over-clapping nutless monkey another year.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

So let down next week against the Skins?

Depends. Do they go back to not using any motion, horizontal action to freeze LBs and DEs, QB run game, misdirection, built in feints, and playaction? Go back to predictable routes and play calling patterns like bootlegs on the first play of a series? 

If so then yes. With this staff no one knows. They already found this formula on a single drive against Houston to score their lone TD then completely abandoned it until today.  Dak is a completely different QB and the OL is a lot better when plays are designed to make defenses: 1) spread out, 2) second guess different action and motions causing hesitation. 

Edited by In10se

too bad this monkey shit for brains coaching staff wasted all of last year and blew 2 possible wins this year with this make Dak a pocket passer bullshit.  the guy tends to make plays when you let him.  sure he makes some bad ones but more often then not if he runs, scrambles, rolls out something positive happens.

The real story will be at Washington. I said a couple of weeks ago, the only way Dallas has any kind of run is to sweet th 'ginas and skins in division.

The Cowboys matched up pretty well against the Jags with all their OL injuries, no Fornette, no real consistent go-to receiver, and a gimpy Ramsey. They aren't totally unlike the Cowboys, being a Helter Skelter team that looks good one week, looks like a bottom feeder the next.

I feel this game is a crossroads game for this team. If we lose, we will be back under. 500 and 0-4 on the road and the same old every other week team. They have to make a statement at same point, especially on the road. Going into the bye week with a divisional road win and getting above .500 would be huge.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

She is the boots on the ground Cowboys reporter for NFL Network. She knows what is going on at The Star.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gotcha.  Thanks for the information.

18 minutes ago, DougO said:

No on Amari Cooper. He's completely lost as a player. Has been for a couple of years. The Cowboys aren't the team to fix him.

He had a drop issue last year, he seems to have corrected it this year. (1 on year)  This year it's not him, it's the system (Gruden) and QB who's seeing ghosts and absolutely lost.  He'll be better than any WR coming out next year and he's easily better than any WR on our roster.  I may not do a first, but a 2nd and someone like Hurns to diffuse the 5th year option we'll have to pick for next year.... I'd definitely take that chance.  Can't expect to win anything of consequence with Beasley as your best receiver, IMO. 

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Gotcha.  Thanks for the information.

He had a drop issue last year, he seems to have corrected it this year. (1 on year)  This year it's not him, it's the system (Gruden) and QB who's seeing ghosts and absolutely lost.  He'll be better than any WR coming out next year and he's easily better than any WR on our roster.  I may not do a first, but a 2nd and someone like Hurns to diffuse the 5th year option we'll have to pick for next year.... I'd definitely take that chance.  Can't expect to win anything of consequence with Beasley as your best receiver, IMO. 

We aren't going to win with Cooper this season either. I'll keep the 1st round pick for now. Gallup I think can continue to improve. I don't want to give a 1st round pick just to try and compete for the division which is what we are doing now.

Cooper doesn't know how to get open any more. He's always had questionable hands. He's just not a sophisticated route runner, never embraced the mental aspects of the game. They even tried working him in the slot, it worked one time for a big game, then he was a total washout the rest of the year. He just couldn't adapt to the game.

Anyway, it's likely just more fake news because a big name has been mentioned as possible trade bait.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can't see any team giving up a 1st for Cooper.

What is his contract situation?

He likely ain't goin' nowhere.

Amari Cooper signed a 4 year, $22,663,116 contract with the Oakland Raiders, including a $14,742,266 signing bonus, $22,663,116 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,665,779. In 2018, Cooper will earn a base salary of $700,000 and a roster bonus of $2,825,426, while carrying a cap hit of $7,210,993 and a dead cap value of $7,210,993.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We aren't going to win with Cooper this season either. I'll keep the 1st round pick for now. Gallup I think can continue to improve. I don't want to give a 1st round pick just to try and compete for the division which is what we are doing now.

This wouldn't be a 'win this season' move.  He's 24 years old.  He's a pup who hasn't even entered his prime.  And I wasn't advocating a 1st, I wouldn't give a 1st either.  But a 2nd with the Raiders eating some salary or a 3rd with a developmental player?  Now, I think you start approximating his trade value.  Gallup's upside is a WR2 and that's probably in year 3.  It would be difficult for him to become a lead WR with his skillset and stature.

If the Pats wouldn't have already traded for Gordon, this would be their shark type of move.  Skins are said to be interested but they have a QB problem so not so bad if he ends up there.  Packers, Seattle, and Ravens are others I've seen rumored.

Last year he played on a busted foot.... Healthy this year.

Sucked back into the Cowboys bullshit.

I think it's fair to say we can pull off 10-6, if you go and look at the rest of the schedule we could reasonably beat any team, and we benefit from NY and 'Skins being garbage. 

I don't think Philly is anywhere near last year's team, and we have personnel to grind out the wins a la 2016. 

Frankly, I like grinding it out for a wild card game vs. 1st round bye and an Aaron Rodgers miracle. Christ, what a wasted season 2016 was...

Time will only tell...

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Cooper doesn't know how to get open any more. He's always had questionable hands. He's just not a sophisticated route runner, never embraced the mental aspects of the game. They even tried working him in the slot, it worked one time for a big game, then he was a total washout the rest of the year. He just couldn't adapt to the game.

Anyway, it's likely just more fake news because a big name has been mentioned as possible trade bait.

Other than the metric which shows he has more than 1 yard separation on 80+% of his routes run this year which ranks him top 5 at getting open.