Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Couldn't hurt.  And we suck at drafting anyway, so who cares if its a first rounder.  I just have no faith in this fucking franchise to get anything right so they'll probably give up too much and he'll probably suck balls.

Uh, this team has actually drafted pretty well ever since Stephen knocked the Johnny Manziel card out of Jerrah's hands and the Boys took Zach Martin instead.

• Like 1

Every time I give them credit(like cutting Bailey early) they go an do something like this.

It's a stupid price to give up for a WR...now they won't draft on in the first round I guess.

But what this tells me is it's an "all in" year.  They don't make some kind of run and Garrett is gone for sure.  Hell, with Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup if the passing game doesn't improve you'll have a sure fire "QB is the issue" answer

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Oakland now has 3 first round draft picks. Senile Jerry has none. And this is why I'm watching the team less and less. I was on a flight yesterday and really didn't give a shit that I missed the game. This shit is cursed. One step forward, 3 steps back every year. 

Do yourself a favor -- watch the home games, pass on the road games.

I guess I would be fine with this if the following happens: 

1. Give garret the rest of the year and if the offense doesn’t perform better fire him.

2. New coach can spend next year evaluating dak (maybe another wr upgrade after this season)

3. New coach either improves dak or we move on.

we probably weren’t going to use the 1 on a qb anyway.  

Just now, FizzleFish said:

1. Give garret the rest of the year and if the offense doesn’t perform better fire him.

2. New coach can spend next year evaluating dak (maybe another wr upgrade after this season)

Unless Garrett gets the team to the playoffs and wins a game..... Fire the entire coaching staff except for Richard.  Promote him to DC officially.  Pick an offensive minded, forward thinking HC and then fill out staff.  If it's a college guy, let Richard fill out his defensive staff with his preferences.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Unless Garrett gets the team to the playoffs and wins a game..... Fire the entire coaching staff except for Richard.  Promote him to DC officially.  Pick an offensive minded, forward thinking HC and then fill out staff.  If it's a college guy, let Richard fill out his defensive staff with his preferences.

You’ll get Norv Turner and like it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FizzleFish said:

Exactly what I'm thinking too,

Yes it's a stupid trade, I hate not having the 1st next year.  But this is a put up or shut up year for Garrett now.  No excuses.  And probably for Dak as well...but he still has 1 year left to prove if he's got it or not.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Absolutely. My thinking is that you have the rest of this year and next with dak. If dak doesn’t improve then fire Garrett. Bring in a new coach, a veteran qb and the new coach will have 1 year to determine if he rides with dak before we extend him.

before this trade I was hoping Garrett would be let go, new coach comes in with a veteran qb and a decent first round pick next year to get his qb. 

Edited by FizzleFish

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:
Another reason it's stupid is Cooper is due 13.9 million next season and then is a free agent. 
Not cheap at all.

Gallup right now is about as good as Cooper. Or will be soon. This whole thing is ridiculous.

LOL... Not even close.  

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Exactly what I'm thinking too,

Yes it's a stupid trade, I hate not having the 1st next year.  But this is a put up or shut up year for Garrett now.  No excuses.  And probably for Dak as well...but he still has 1 year left to prove if he's got it or not.

It already was! 

This entire thing is a dumb fuck panic move that will set the roster back immensely over the next couple of years, without solving any of the team's current problems. 

This is like buying a used designer couch for the living room when your houses foundation is shifting.