Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

2 hours ago, DougO said:

Dak seemed like he was extremely accurate today. Great season saving performance with a limited palette to work with.

Zeke was money, NFL player of the week is a very good possibility.

Maher came through.

This team still kinda sucks, but they were finished if they didn't pull this one out. Credit to the boys for gutting out an ugly win at home.

Lions are are worst run defense in the sport and have been giving up massive rushing yards against pretty much everyone. This matchup was tailor made for shitty retro "Garrettball" to succeed as that team wasn't going to be able to force them to pass to open up the run like every other team they play does. 

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We better beat fucking Houston next week. I am friends with too many of their moronic fans. Is the 2001 season opener the only time they beat us? Their franchise debut. We only play them once every 4 years and that is the only loss I can recall.

Nothing would piss me off more than losing to that shitstain of a team 

• Like 2

Earl looks like he's done for the year.  Non-contact leg injury.  Being carted off the field in air cast.  We can probably stop pretending like he's going to save our secondary.

No ligament damage or displacement. Should be right as rain by early next year. Let’s sign him as a FA. Fuck Seattle — you dun goofed, guys.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No ligament damage or displacement. Should be right as rain by early next year. Let’s sign him as a FA. Fuck Seattle — you dun goofed, guys.

If the price is right, surely.  But we didn't make any moves at safety (No Reid, No Vaccaro, etc, etc) because we thought we could wait Seattle out and we failed on that front.  There are no real winners with his injury.  Seattle loses but still will get a comp pick (3rd round probably).  Earl loses, he'll still get paid but probably not as much a season later and coming off injury.  Cowboys lose, because they wouldn't move off this move and allowed their safety position to continue to suck..... as we saw today.  But I'd love to see Earl with a star if the price is right.....

Agree. Oline seems like they’re getting it together again... that’s before Fred comes back. Just run the ball. Zeke is obviously by far the best player on this team. Ride him til the wheels fall off he’s game. Think the D is decent despite shit safety play. Put in Sterns! Hopefully Richard can figure out how to cover up the holes in the secondary. Still holding out hope for the season.

Don't be fooled by this one against the worst run D in the game. Have to see it happen more often and I'm not convinced it will. If the next opponent comes out and stuffs the run and makes then have to pass to open the run I doubt they accomplish that. 
Texans pass defense is horrendous.

What a loser.... lol.

29 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Don't be fooled by this one against the worst run D in the game. Have to see it happen more often and I'm not convinced it will. If the next opponent comes out and stuffs the run and makes then have to pass to open the run I doubt they accomplish that. 

And hate to agree with this, but it's true.  We're a -10 in point differential and have won 2 home games vs two of the worst teams in the NFC with a combined 2-6 record.  Both wins were vs teams missing their best pass rusher and in the bottom 10 vs the run.  Get Irving back this week and that will help although Watson presents a lot of problems.  Houston gives up plays in the pass but they have two very good pass rushers.  They have made a lot of self-inflicted mistakes.  It's a big one on the road....

On 9/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, tbone_ said:

Total waste. Imagine Romo on a team with an actual coach and scheme. Likes today’s rams or chiefs or eagles. He was a fantastic player and they completely wasted him.

Sean Payton would have won 2 super bowls with Romo

23 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

What a dumbshit. Yeah, because Romo showed out so well under pressure of win or go home situations the previous 10 years so he would have miraculously turned to Superman and led a team with zero defense to a super bowl title. A guy that won 2 fucking playoff games in 10 years of playing. 

Shut the fuck up you Rex Kramer sock. 

Eat shit you fucking moron.  Romo still has the most 4th quarter combacks of any QB.  Yeah, he also lost a bunch of games, because the coaching and management were always fucking garbage.  I lost count of how many times Romo leads a lead taking drive late in the 4th in a game where (1) decent coaching would have us up comfortably, and (2) the defense then folds and gives up the lead at the end.  Without Romo we may be in a 25+ year playoff drought.  We couldn't win in the playoffs because the teams were never built to do that and the coaches have been fucking garbage.  Romo is the only reason they won games most years, he did it mostly by himself.

Eat shit you fucking moron.  Romo still has the most 4th quarter combacks of any QB.  Yeah, he also lost a bunch of games, because the coaching and management were always fucking garbage.  I lost count of how many times Romo leads a lead taking drive late in the 4th in a game where (1) decent coaching would have us up comfortably, and (2) the defense then folds and gives up the lead at the end.  Without Romo we may be in a 25+ year playoff drought.  We couldn't win in the playoffs because the teams were never built to do that and the coaches have been fucking garbage.  Romo is the only reason they won games most years, he did it mostly by himself.

Hello Candice and welcome to the board!1!1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Who the fuck cares about Romo in 2018. Dude hasn't played a meaningful game in 3 years. He's the NFC's version of Philip Rivers. And hell not even that because Rivers at least got to the AFC title game. 0-3 in the divisional round games. 0-2 in the win or go home NFC East games to end 2011, 2012. He's a stats QB. Was not a winner. But Cowboys fans love to romanticize his career to be more than it really was.

Edited by Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Who the fuck cares about Romo in 2018. Dude hasn't played a meaningful game in 3 years. He's the NFC's version of Philip Rivers. And hell not even that because Rivers at least got to the AFC title game. 0-3 in the divisional round games. 0-2 in the win or go home NFC East games to end 2011, 2012. He's a stats QB. Was not a winner. But Cowboys fans love to romanticize his career to be more than it really was.

And people like you love shitting on him with the outside Cowboys haters while ignoring the fucking train wreck management has done to this franchise for 25 years.  For a fan you sure love talking shit like a butthurt irrational texans fan about one of the best QBs in franchise history.

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Romo was the only reason the cowboys won games at all.

Mother.  Fucking.  This.  But Vic says he's a loser like Stafford or Rivers.  Fuck that noise, especially from a supposed fan.  Jason Garrett is a fucking loser.  So has every piece of shit who has touched our coaching staff for the last decade (with a few exceptions who never stuck around too long).  And our owner/gm is the biggest fucking loser of all.  But yeah, Romo's a loser because Vic says so.  Fucking moron.

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Funny because I think Cowboy fans are pretty split on him. For me, I do not care about now, but to pretend Romo did not carry a roster alot further year in and year out from 4-12 and 5-11 seasons is crazy. He sadly is part of the problem in that he kept putting Dallas in the play off hunt and that has allowed JG to hang around longer than he should have. 

14 hours ago, Dropout said:

They just have to give Zeke touches. Not worried about any rush defense. I’m worried about the numbnuts calling the plays.

Yesterday's running game should be the model for the rest of the season, regardless of team, regardless of score. 25 carries for Zeke, another 6 for Smith, mix in a few by Dak when needed. They can't stop doing it when they get behind by one or two scores.

18 minutes ago, DougO said:

Yesterday's running game should be the model for the rest of the season, regardless of team, regardless of score. 25 carries for Zeke, another 6 for Smith, mix in a few by Dak when needed. They can't stop doing it when they get behind by one or two scores.

This

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Reminder of Elliott's big day...... and we needed every yard.  We won by 2.

Emmitt's was the shoulder game vs the Giants.

Herschel was an OT win at NE.  

And.... I just thought this was funny.   This is why he doesn't play much.

Rico did the correct assignment 

The next 2 teams we play have a pretty mean pass rush. Especially the Jags. We will know how our OL really is after these 2 games.

I know it is very early but after a quarter of the season, there is the Rams way above anyone and then what else? I see a bunch of teams who aren't that special. Even the teams that are 3-1 like the Bears and Saints have a lot of flaws. The NFC after the Rams is wide open. I know the NFL takes about 8 weeks to really start to unfold but as of now, the Rams are the only team from our conference who looks great. All we need to do right now is keep pace. After 6 games, I would not feel that bad about 3-3 but these 2 games are very winnable. Especially Houston, even on the road. 

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The next 2 teams we play have a pretty mean pass rush. Especially the Jags. We will know how our OL really is after these 2 games.

I know it is very early but after a quarter of the season, there is the Rams way above anyone and then what else? I see a bunch of teams who aren't that special. Even the teams that are 3-1 like the Bears and Saints have a lot of flaws. The NFC after the Rams is wide open. I know the NFL takes about 8 weeks to really start to unfold but as of now, the Rams are the only team from our conference who looks great. All we need to do right now is keep pace. After 6 games, I would not feel that bad about 3-3 but these 2 games are very winnable. Especially Houston, even on the road. 

I feel like the only real shot the Cowboys have at making any kind of run is by sweeping the 'ginas and skins in division. Split the rest and that gets them to 10-6.

• Like 1

There are definitely ways the Cowboys can get better as the season progresses. Irving is back this week, which should help get more pressure on the QB and potentially create more turnovers. The offensive line improves with Conner getting more experience, Smith and Collins getting into a better groove, and hopefully Frederick can return healthy. The WRs get more in sync with the offense and they find a combination that is more reliable and can make some plays.

I don't know if that will happen or not. I still expect probably somewhere around 8-8. But there is potential for something better to kick in at some point if they don't suffer significant injuries.

It would be really nice if the team could keep winning at home and hold serve. That would be a nice change.

Edited by DougO

6 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Reminder of Elliott's big day...... and we needed every yard.  We won by 2.

Emmitt's was the shoulder game vs the Giants.

Herschel was an OT win at NE.  

And.... I just thought this was funny.   This is why he doesn't play much.

Looks like Rico knew the play after all

Bob Sturm
Very possible this is exact same play. It appears Rico is running the play and I owe him a Twitter apology! (link: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2016/10/decoding-linehan-week-5-bengals.html) sturminator.blogspot.com/2016/10/decodi… Full marks to for the catch!

31 minutes ago, DougO said:

I feel like the only real shot the Cowboys have at making any kind of run is by sweeping the 'ginas and skins in division. Split the rest and that gets them to 10-6.

I am very confident we can take care of the Giants/Skins. We have owned them as of late, home or away. We need to beat Houston as well, too. 

11 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Romo was the only reason the cowboys won games at all.

anyone who doesn't realize this apparently was asleep during 2015 when Jason Garrett in his 5th year as HC could only cobble together 1 fucking win in 12 games without Romo.  and Romo won the one game he came back to play before being injured again.   if Jason Witten makes the HOF he can thank Tony Romo.

Romo is squarely at the top of the Hall of Very Good of QB's historically.  he has a decent winning percentage compared to most great QB's but he played on a lot of teams with dogshit defenses that he had to overcome.   

He and Matt Ryan were basically the same guy until Ryan made the SB run.  they both have a tendency to gag at the wrong time as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am very confident we can take care of the Giants/Skins. We have owned them as of late, home or away. We need to beat Houston as well, too. 

If the running game can stay solid, I think Philly can be had for a split, Skins likely a split, and sweep Giants, Texans, Titans, Bucs, Colts get us to 9-7 but that is probably best case.