Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

I disagree that this O-line is still elite.

Martin is elite.  Collins is very good.

Smith is a brokedick motherfucker and is but a shadow of his former "best OL in the League" self.

These other fuckers are just filling space...like their corch.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I disagree that this O-line is still elite.

Martin is elite.  Collins is very good.

Smith is a brokedick motherfucker and is but a shadow of his former "best OL in the League" self.

These other fuckers are just filling space...like their corch.

I honestly believe we are playing Collins and Williams out of position. They need to be switched and I think there would be immediate improvement at both positions. 

Assume for a second that Garrett knows there's a problem with Linehan, and that he worked all off season to improve Linehan's play calling - and now he sees that it has failed and he's facing another nightmare year. Also assume that he knows that he can't do it any better himself - that he would be lost trying to call plays.

We all know what we'd like him to do, but since self-immolation is probably out of the question, what are his real-world options at this point? Is there some offensive guru out there out of work? I doubt it. Some ex OC that is so old that no one will let him on the sidelines, but who can look at the films and make some suggestions? He'll have to ask uncle Jerry's permission.  They look lost. What the hell can he do?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Dak inaccuracy and the playcalling shit show are really our only two problems. I think the wr thing is overblown

It's really not.  If you think those are our only problems, you have't been watching.....

Now Sean Lee has 2 bad hamstrings!!!!   He may be gone in the offseason....

Another guy that is definitely gone.  He may be gone in a few weeks.

Otherwise, a lot of BS from everyone.... we're still confident.  We just need to execute better.  We'll continue to get better.  Blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

I live in Dallas. I study you Cowboys fans. 

Not sure where the fuck this team is headed but I'm pretty confident in saying that Dak isn't the answer at QB. If you aren't figuring it out in year 3 you probably aren't a starting QB in the NFL. 

Garrett needs to go. Can him, see if a different staff can resuscitate Dak's career and if not start scouting. 

Boys still have a solid roster and solid fans. This Garrett/Lenihan charade is getting pretty stale, though. 

garbage franchise stuck in 1992-1995 

they actually believe they're an elite franchise when in reality for the last 20 years they're a bottom feeder ...a couple of decent regular seasons puts them slightly ahead of Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit and Washington...

2 playoff wins in 20 years .....fucking Jacksonville had 2 playoff wins last January  

I honestly believe we are playing Collins and Williams out of position. They need to be switched and I think there would be immediate improvement at both positions. 
Too bad we don't have a coaching staff worth a damn to see this. People have been screaming for Collins to move to his natural position since last year.

42 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

garbage franchise stuck in 1992-1995 

they actually believe they're an elite franchise when in reality for the last 20 years they're a bottom feeder ...a couple of decent regular seasons puts them slightly ahead of Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit and Washington...

2 playoff wins in 20 years .....fucking Jacksonville had 2 playoff wins last January  

But they are an elite franchise in the only way that counts to Jerry--they make tons of money, and he gets lots of attention.

The root problem of this franchise will always be Jerry's need for the limelight over anything else. It's a sewage leak seeping into every single decision made, every action taken. It has a corrosive effect throughout the organization. Why do you think we're still bobbling around pretending Garrett is a coach that's going to take us anywhere? Because Jerry wants to win with his hand-picked sock puppet so he can say he was always the genius behind Jimmy Johnson. That matters more than actually winning a Super Bowl if someone else would get any credit in the media.

Jerry can look tame at times. He can pretend Stephen is taking over the show at times. He can act like the decision-making process is more reasonable at times. But he will always be a throbbing malignancy on this franchise until the day he dies.    

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

Too bad we don't have a coaching staff worth a damn to see this. People have been screaming for Collins to move to his natural position since last year.

Heard Donny and Jake surmise on the Post Game Show that Collins wants to stay at tackle but tackles get paid better than guards. If that's true -- and the coaching staff is actually indulging La'el at this point -- jesus christo, just get rid of all of them.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Heard Donny and Jake surmise on the Post Game Show that Collins wants to stay at tackle but tackles get paid better than guards. If that's true -- and the coaching staff is actually indulging La'el at this point -- jesus christo, just get rid of all of them.

Meh... could be or simply he's more comfortable at tackle considering he's played there most of his career.  Regardless, the decision by McClay, Garrett, Stephen, Jerry and whoever else to move Connor to guard and keep Collins at RT may work out for Connor L-T but sure going to hurt this year.

I'm sure everyone is relieved....

8 minutes ago, Swearengen said:

This season screams 6-10. It would be better to go 2-14 and get a top 3 pick. But this organization is in purgatory. So 7-9, miss the playoffs, underwhelming number 18 pick it'll be.

can you imagine if garrett wins 7 games dragging that dead weight linehan around?  it’d be a hell of an accomplishment for jason and surely he’d deserve another year with a capable OC underneath him.  

4 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

The only teams with less playoff wins than us after the 1996 season are, (drum roll):  Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City and Detroit. Quite an honors roll, huh?

We are tied at two wins with the f***ing Redskins. That's nice.

Wow were actually ahead of Kansas City? Had no idea. Color me impressed. 

Vander Esch led the Cowboys defense with 9 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles, 11 total. Lee had 5-6-11, even in an abbreviated appearance. VE at least is showing some tackling skillz. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Statistically, the Cowboys D did just fine. They only had one more first down, total yards almost even. The Cowboys offense is just garbage, 3.5 yards per pass attempt.

Vander Esch led the Cowboys defense with 9 solo tackles and 2 assisted tackles, 11 total. Lee had 5-6-11, even in an abbreviated appearance. VE at least is showing some tackling skillz. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
Statistically, the Cowboys D did just fine. They only had one more first down, total yards almost even. The Cowboys offense is just garbage, 3.5 yards per pass attempt.
They have improved but they still have don't have the ability to get turnovers on a consistent basis. Especially interceptions. And the ones that do fall in their laps, they drop. They have to get better at this. This is what separates the good defenses from the great ones.

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, DougO said:

They have improved but they still have don't have the ability to get turnovers on a consistent basis. Especially interceptions. And the ones that do fall in their laps, they drop. They have to get better at this. This is what separates the good defenses from the great ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

If the Cowboys and Texans merged into one team and were allowed to keep any players and coaches they wanted form each team, they'd still find a way to fuck it up.

Not if you added Popovich... (I know different sport, but the man can coach)...