Who are your top 3 realistic choices to replace Herman?

Beau Vine

54 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Pretty much agree with what you said,  but I haven't seen anything to indicate mensa Tom isn't getting everything he needs.  

I think they are giving him whatever he needs (unless the team gets worse).  Issue is whether he was a good hire or the result of a flawed process and lack of leadership in the athletic department/university

18 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

1. Saban - Make him say no. 

2. Patterson - Same as number one

3. Muschamp - Had FUPM beat bama in 09 I think Muschamp takes over and we're still rolling right now

4. Peterson - Reminds me a lot of a young FUPM, nice guy persona that wins a lot of games.

5. Pete Carroll - Seattle is about to be rather mediocre with the talent they've lost. 

No more up and comers. It's pretty clear Texas is NOT the place to learn on the job. Texas is a GD blueblood it's about damn time we start acting like it. Hire the best person possible. 

We already made Saban say no once. Patterson ain't comin'. OMG, you don't know how hard Florida fans would be laughing at us if we hired Boom. Let's go get the guy who built Strong's career. Petersen ain't leaving the PNW. Carroll? Jesus. 

18 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So we’re doing this already, huh? We’re 3 years out, possibly more, from beginning the new coaching search. Sit back and enjoy the funeral. It’s going to take awhile.

We are not three years out. If present trends continue, we are less than two. 

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think this shit goes deeper than the coach at this point. This environment here is toxic and it starts at the top. 

Yep. Boosters are fucking up this program bigtime. Speaking of, and I mean this sincerely, other than Hicks and McCombs, who are the swinging dicks these days now that Jamail is gone?

17 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think he’ll get 4 years. He’s a con-artist and will convince the powers that be that year 4 is when it will all come together.

That would be a terrible look if his on-field results are as bad as Charlie's after year three. 

17 hours ago, Deej said:

I'd settle for Southwestern's Joe Austin. He turned a program that didn't have a team for 60+ years into a contender. Ours has been dead for less than 10.

Didn't you get the memo? We don't hire small school / high school coaches until they have proven themselves at some school like UH or Louisville. And we don't hire them, either. We are Texas, and we only hire guys like Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. Who, again, ain't comin'.

• Like 1

For those of you wanting Coach Bro for an OC, you didn't see the Tech game Saturday.  I know they lost their starting QB but his play calling was fucking pathetic.

But I am all in for Leach.  Dude put Tech on the the map.  After he left ,Tech has been dog shit for a decade.  Goes to Wash St. and takes the conference doormat and turns it around.  Imagine what he could do here.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Like 1

Just now, Moby Ric said:

For those of you wanting Coach Bro for an OC didn't see the Tech game Saturday.  I know they lost their starting QB but his play calling was fucking pathetic.

But I am all in for Leach.  Dude put Tech on the the map.  After he left ,Tech has been dog shit for a decade.  Goes to Wash St. and takes the conference doormat and turns it around.  Imagine what he could do here.

Would love it if we could hire Leach. I know some of y'all think I'm all in for Traylor, but I would fucking love a Leach hire. 

8 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

For those of you wanting Coach Bro for an OC, you didn't see the Tech game Saturday.  I know they lost their starting QB but his play calling was fucking pathetic.

That's my #1 choice. Tech was mediocre before his arrival and he turned them into a team that was winning 8+ games  a year consistently and you're right after they canned him they went down the tubes quickly. Wazzu was Kansas bad and he's built them into a respectable team and it would be interesting to see what he could do at Texas with a good defensive coordinator. You know damn well he'd run the score up on Tech every year too haha.

Lot of season left, I'm not convinced it's a foregone conclusion we suck as bad we did last year.  I was pleased with pass protection and the youngsters showed well.  We win the next two and I think we  have a real chance to make this a good year.  Boyd makes that pick Lil Jordan doesn't drop the crossing route and it's a much different game.  I know you could say that about every game, but I saw some things that make me feel better about the year.  Fluke fumble cost us no doubt too.  Im in the camp that we need to let this play out.  I was most disappointed we couldnt stop them on 3rd and 4.  We hold them to a fg there and we win game.  Just my 2cents.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Listening to Leach offer thoughts on anything >>>> Listening to Herman tell us how smart he is

I say we just buy part of one of his speeches, to be read by somebody the team looks up to.

THOUGHT WE WERE TOO GOOD, THE MIGHTY TEXAS LONGHORNS OH YEAH POO-POO FUCKIN MARYLAND FUCK YOU, AND FUCK ME, AND FUCK EVERYBODY. 

THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 10:29 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Franklin was coming off a rape scandal at Vandy and came across as a douche...Why is the Ogre on the hot seat after a big win as and underdog?

He wasn't a popular choice. Time will tell if he's the right choice. That win last weekend helped but let's be real here... Miami always seems to choke in big games. I'm not convinced they're all that good. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Fug said:

I agree, it would be fun full circle, only thing is I expect that he'd still have the NCAA keep a watch over him. Also he is 66, so he is definitely getting up there in age.

Guy can coach.  And with his skins on the wall (NCAA & NFL), recruit his ass off.  He doesn't need to bend the rules.  Money-whip him.  "Big Balls Pete" doesn't coach scared.  

I would be down with a Pete Carroll hire, but i do have a question about coaches who return from NFL.

we all know about Saban, what other coaches have gone to the NFL and returned to college and success?

Spurrier- meh, harbaugh isn't looking so great, Patrino seems to have regressed a bit, and we will see about chip Kelley 

I would be down with a Pete Carroll hire, but i do have a question about coaches who return from NFL.
we all know about Saban, what other coaches have gone to the NFL and returned to college and success?
Spurrier- meh, harbaugh isn't looking so great, Patrino seems to have regressed a bit, and we will see about chip Kelley 

Pete Carroll
  • Like 8

Pete Carroll would be 67-68 by the time he took over, that's my only concern, but I'd still be for it, as I'm confident he could get the program back on the right track for his successor. Well, confident at this very moment of consideration of Pete Carroll. Could change my mind in a few minutes. 

Edited by UncleBuck

8 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Pete Carroll would be 67-68 by the time he took over, that's my only concern, but I'd still be for it, as I'm confident he could get the program back on the right track for his successor. Well, confident at this very moment of consideration of Pete Carroll. Could change my mind in a few minutes. 

Give him a loaded 5 year contract.  None of this 10yr nonsense.  He's a few years older than Saban; who I'd of course off the same contract to if feasible.  Or Harsin.  Or both.  Or Matt Campbell.  That Star Trek Ferengi looking summbeech can coach.  

Edited by BabaYaga

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

It's kind of a limited pool to really draw any correlations. 

17 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Coach Eric Taylor

I'm not sold.

He was never the same without Street.  Ran off Voodoo, who could've bailed him out, just bc they couldn't "get along" (I also heard there may have been recruiting violations there).

He can't ever seem to keep boosters happy and his one stint in cfb was short lived and unremarkable.  I don't think he'd make it here.

Tammy, on the other hand, can stop by any time. 

• Like 2

I disagree. Other factors were in play regarding Strong. Namely he was the first replacement of Mack, and race. (I really don't want to go cloak, but being the first black head coach at Texas was a factor, good/bad/indifferent)
ego man wins 5 games, I think he's out. 
Go to a bowl, 1 more year 

This is stupid on many levels. Race played no role in his firing, Jesus h