2020: @LSU

2021: @Arkansas

2022: Ohio State

2023: @Ohio State

2024: @Michigan

2025: None

2026: None

2027: Michigan

You can see our full planned OOC slate here: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/texas-longhorns.php

Alabama is open from 2022 onward, so 2025-26 would work nicely.

Damn, that is nice I like it!  What’s a&m’s look like 😂

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn, that is nice I like it!  What’s a&m’s look like 😂

Not too shabby as far as big names go, honestly. They have home and homes with Clemson, Colorado, Miami (FL), and Notre Dame coming up.

The difference between our OOC and theirs really shows when you look at the rest of the games played from the slate.

This potential series would fit in nicely in 2025 & 2026 seasons. I hope it happens. Marquee games like this will only benefit us in the long-term. A big win in either game could be a springboard toward a championship type run if we have all the pieces in place (see 2005 road game at Ohio State).

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, Machinator said:

Big name opponents in the future:

2018: USC

2019: LSU

You can see our full planned OOC slate here: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-12/texas-longhorns.php

That is an amazing string of quality OOC opponents. Bama would fit in perfectly there. Make it happen!

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

If we do it, we really need to have 'bama come here in '25 and go there in '26, otherwise delay it until '28 or beyond.  We don't want to have our marquee OOC game be on the road three years in a row.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:07 AM, Machinator said:

lulz @ piggy included as “big name”

I don't particularly care for the idea. 

If you lose to them they don't really give you an asterisk next to that loss so it lowers your margin for error for the rest of the season to get one of those playoff spots.  If you beat them, it really doesn't impact their chances to make the playoffs.  I also see very little reason to travel to Tuscaloosa. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, Player said:

Was not impressed by Dreamland, but the ribs at Archibald's were pretty damn good.

Dreamland used to be much better, when the old man was still alive and before they started trying to franchise it out. They still get all the pub on the game broadcast but Archibald's has always been a notch above them, just without all the pub. Of course, Archibald's is now about 10 notches above them.

7 hours ago, Amobie said:

I don't particularly care for the idea. 

If you lose to them they don't really give you an asterisk next to that loss so it lowers your margin for error for the rest of the season to get one of those playoff spots.  If you beat them, it really doesn't impact their chances to make the playoffs.  I also see very little reason to travel to Tuscaloosa. 

HIgh stakes gamble, for sure, but we are only guaranteed 12 games a year. I'd rather see a match up with some of the biggest names and let the chips fall where they may in the playoff hunt. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 10:07 AM, Machinator said:

I like that we are stepping up with these big games, and I like the timing of some of these. LSU in 19/20 should be fun because the wheels will have come off the ogre by then and their talent should be depleted a bit. How did we get roped into 1 away game with pig? Ohio State home/home will be very interesting. Bama minus Saban should also set up nicely. 

Playing devil's advocate, putting a cupcake in our schedules once in a while wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Our strength of schedule the last few years has been insane, which is not great for a rebuilding program. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:56 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Yep.  That would be amazing, and interestingly enough, a marquee home-and-home where I would have almost zero interest in making the road trip.  Columbus, South Bend, Pasadena, sure.  Tuscaloosa?  Er, maybe not so much.

Walking out of the the Shoe and Rose in 05 still makes me tingle, bring on Death Valley,Big House and please baby Jesus the House of Arrogant Fucks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love watching tough or evenly matched games.  If you want to be real champions, win big games (see Ohio State 2005).  Plus, big games are fun and the fans bring their A-game, too.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dcbc said:

I love watching tough or evenly matched games.  If you want to be real champions, win big games (see Ohio State 2005).  Plus, big games are fun and the fans bring their A-game, too.

Go figure. 

Who would think that playing blue chip programs would carry more weight  than playing Norrhwest Directional College and their equivalents 3 times a year?

• Like 1