Which Is Your Favorite Win Against OU?

Vic Mackey

2005 runs a close 2nd to 2008 to me just because it felt so damn good to finally break that 5 game losing streak and to do it comfortably. I remember sitting in the stands for awhile after 04 wondering if we were ever going to beat those fuckers again.

• Like 1

1990. The Lasher choke game. After the game Tx WR Mike Davis said he saw a little birdie push the kick wide. Loudest game I have ever been at. Had to plug my ears to hear myself scream at the top of my lungs in the 4th quarter. The fletchers and wax cups of beer tasted mighty good after the game.

• Like 2

This will probably not make anyone else's favorite but 1989 when Peter Gardere won the game we had no business winning was huge for me and many fellow students.  The 80s were rough for the die hard faithful but I will never forget winning that game or the 3 to follow.

• Like 3

This will probably not make anyone else's favorite but 1989 when Peter Gardere won the game we had no business winning was huge for me and many fellow students.  The 80s were rough for the die hard faithful but I will never forget winning that game or the 3 to follow.

Me too

1990 Keith Cash

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

was going to post the same since UT was a massive dog and Switzer had humiliated UT for so long, although he was gone by 89.  The crowd was so electric, whistling and hooting filing out after the game. The winning TD to Cash was something I vividly remember to this day.

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

After Taysom Hill and Ole Miss, I legit thought OU was going to rush for 1000 yards that day. Then the defense played outstanding and Case had the game of his life. 

I've been to the game every year for the last 24 years and that game I had the best seats I've ever had. Under the underhang, Texas side around the 20 yard line maybe 40 rows up.

• Like 1

2013 will always be special to me. It was my senior year, the first OU win I saw in person, and while in hindsight OU was nothing special that year, not a damn soul saw it coning.

08 is the best played, most dramatic game I've ever seen in the series. Two top five teams and legendary QBs going blow for blow. Satisfying as hell.

05 was satisfying as hell too. Everyone knew it was coming but it was some measure of revenge for the previous black saturdays.

Yes, I'm young.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

2005. The beat down after losing 12-0 in 2004 and the blowouts in previous years. Rod Wright rumbling downfield after Bomar getting smashed was a thing of beauty. 

This is the correct answer. After 3 really bad beatdowns and 5 in a row, the feeling of winning that game was ultimate relief.  And it was over before halftime.  Billy Pittman's TD before half sealed it.  We were high fiving random strangers in the hallways to the concessions...

For the record, I have framed pictures of both the Pittman TD and the '08 Shipley kick return in my gameroom and study... Both were amazing plays and I was at both those games.

ive been to a bunch of ou games maybe 40, I like 2015' b/c we were junk and our qb was junk. 

swopes.

foreman.

blueit.

strong.

they won that game in the cotton bowl, i went even though it seemed like a waste, sucked being so shitty for so long.

maybe it was a shitty or lucky game but it gave me hope. we got so fucked up afterward.

of course 2008 was great.

fuck ou.

i hope we fucking smash that little fucking quinton griffin wanna-be. they can all eat a bag of dicks.

• Like 2

ive been to a bunch of ou games maybe 40, I like 2015' b/c we were junk and our qb was junk. 
swopes.
foreman.
blueit.
strong.
they won that game in the cotton bowl, i went even though it seemed like a waste, sucked being so shitty for so long.
maybe it was a shitty or lucky game but it gave me hope. we got so fucked up afterward.
of course 2008 was great.
fuck ou.
i hope we fucking smash that little fucking quinton griffin wanna-be. they can all eat a bag of dicks.
2015 was a lot of fun too. We stayed at the fair buzzed on victory and wax beer until it closed. I remember thinking we were forb some great years in 16, 17, and 18 and might legit open up a win steak on those fuckers. Woops.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

For me, nothing will top 2008. Both were top 5. The crowd atmosphere was unbelievable. Especially when this play happened, one of my favorite moments in this rivalry.

Anytime we beat this doofus was a good day. Poor guy didn't get his brothers genetics with hair. 

1977.  Horns won 13-6.  Starting QB Mark McBath is lost to an injury in 1st Quarter.  The next QB, Jon Aune blows out his knee 11 plays later.  3rd string QB Randy McEachern (listed as a DB on the depth chart) comes in to lead the Horns to a win.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Like 2

2005. Still remember the place shaking when Rod Wright ran that ball back. A cathartic moment.
Great moment. I was sitting on the OU side that year. Not sure how we fucked that up but judging by the abundance of burnt orange around us we weren't the only ones. Jamaal's 80 yard TD run was also bad ass. I still think holding could have been called on that play (Blalock?) but am damn glad it wasn't.

89 was pretty good too. We didn't get tickets but woke up in Austin that morning and said fuck it lets go to Dallas anyway and maybe we can buy some outside the cotton bowl. There were three of us and we managed to buy one ticket and we were walking around looking for two more, it was gettin close to 2pm kickoff and an old lady in burnt orange walks up to us and asks if we need tix. Said she had two did we want em. Yep how much, face value since we looked like nice kids. Done.

1994. I grew up with family on A&M, Texas, and OU.

I didn't particularly sit on any side of the fence, though the A&M side was more able to take me to games. Something about this game and the ending made me feel like Texas was the one for me. One quick visit to College Station sealed the deal, as that place sucks hard.

I still feel like that was a genius play call by OU but not genius enough...

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2