UCF May Force The Issue

Shmitty

For those wanting to know what 16 with 10 automatic bids looks like.  This would have been last year's field:

Clemson v FAU

USC v Penn St

Alabama v Troy

Ohio State v UCF

Oklahoma v Toledo

Auburn v Miami

Georgia v Boise State

Wisconsin v Washington

• 1 month later...

Until every Power 5 conference champion + the top rated also-ran + undefeated (and maybe 1 quality loss early) Notre Dame team is in the college football playoff, the thing is a joke. 

Ive always wanted 8 teams. It is the only number that makes sense on an annual basis. 

Until ALL P5 conference champions are involved, no non-conference winner should ever get invited. That includes Bama last year. 

• Like 4

On 12/5/2018 at 8:52 PM, Napoleon said:

Until every Power 5 conference champion + the top rated also-ran + undefeated (and maybe 1 quality loss early) Notre Dame team is in the college football playoff, the thing is a joke. 

Ive always wanted 8 teams. It is the only number that makes sense on an annual basis. 

Until ALL P5 conference champions are involved, no non-conference winner should ever get invited. That includes Bama last year. 

We just need enough so that the only possible undefeated team at the end of the post-season is the national champion. That is my only requirement.

• Like 1

No more like...  there is nothing in it for Gata to sell out UCF's stadium less than 2 hours from Gainesville...  I remember when UF last played UCF, all the talk was the gata shouldn't schedule cupcakes.   

42-0 whomp whomp

If UNT wanted a home and home with Texas should the horns do that?

The practical problem with going to 10 or above is then there is increased pressure to have all conference champs. That again limits the numbers of P5 teams that can be involved in an expanded playoffs and no media rights org wants anything to do with having to pay good money to stage games with that many G5 champs. The P5 also would also likely have to split a higher percentage with the G5 if they are putting up half the 'contenders'. 8 is a good number because you can set criteria on who gets in whether you stick with some crappy eye-test committee or BCS system for all 8 choices or just try to get the P5 champs autobids and give one spot to a G5 with only two beauty contestants for the final spots. 8 games is probably worth more TV money than 10 with only conference autobids.
The stupid ^^^^^ it burns.

9 minutes ago, Loco said:

No more like...  there is nothing in it for Gata to sell out UCF's stadium less than 2 hours from Gainesville...  I remember when UF last played UCF, all the talk was the gata shouldn't schedule cupcakes.   

42-0 whomp whomp

Well, if UNT is the better team, then we shouldn't schedule them at all.

But I also hope that if UNT is the better team, the Big 12 commissioner wouldn't be taunting UNT to have a better schedule, especially if Texas has scheduled:

Northern Colorado*
Charleston Southern
Colorado State
Idaho

...all in the same year.

*This game was cancelled due to only being allowed to schedule 3 patsies/season since Florida is required to play FSU** each year.

**FSU is approaching "patsy" level at the moment.

Edited by Napoleon

Wait what are we talking about here?

1) UCF not really trying to play a schedule to build credibility.   FSU/UM the most recent programs to rise in prominence in Florida played "Anyone anywhere"  They went in and beat the establishment on the road to demonstrate their worth.  I hate both of these teams with a passion, but I have respect for what they did.   UCF refuses to go this route because it takes years to pay off and it's tough (maybe because they can't pull it off *cough* O'leary  *cough*)   I don't think this approach is bad for UCF, it's just a weeny thing to do.    It's like inviting all the supermodels to come over to your mom's basement to blow you and then pouting when they say NO....   I tried, it's so unfair!  Brady fucks a model!111!!!1

2) UF Scheduling cupcakes....  yes they do, yes FSU is... I've been banned from Swampgas for suggesting they make UGA home/away and play a national team from a big conference.  So yeah, we agree.   Now, what's the infuriating reason the Gata does this???   Is it an Secsec conspiracy so brilliantly schemed that the rest of 'Murica is fooled and controlled by a cabal in Birmingham AL ???   Oh you cracked the case!    Or is it $$$?   More home games = more ticket sales/concessions...  more alumni engagement ($$$)... more support for local businesses... chance to get PT and build team depth in a blowout... host recruits...  etc    

1. Find a home game only patsy  
  2. Tell anyone who will listen it's to support lower tier college athletics (we are so awesome, think of the childrens!)
  3. Fuck the fans
  4. Run up the score
  5. Literally profit

Now just because UCF says they deserve it and they are awesome, UF should give up that $$$, drive down to America's taint and fill up their stadium/wallet...   No thanks bro, if we are doing a home/away series and give up the cash, the fans should get a great match-up and the Gata some recruiting visibility...   USCw, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, OSU, ND those are the games the Gata should schedule not the Golden Knights....  

Also CSU game was so we could hire the Shark-lwain...  *shudders*

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loco said:

42-0 whomp whomp

UCF stands in your yard and says, 'come out and fight us then.'

Florida says. "We'd fight you, but uh...um...we don't want you to make any money.  Yeah, that's it."

Florida/SEC writes another press release bout how UCF has a bad SoS.

Fucking cowards.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monster said:

Florida says. "We'd fight you, but uh...um...we don't want you to make any money.  Yeah, that's it."

Fucking cowards.   

lulz...  they aren't standing in the Gata's yard looking to fight.  They're standing in the street spitting on peoples windshields and wanting to get paid to clean it off.

I do hope LSU runs on these clowns, damnit see what I've been reduced to??  Counting on coach Closedcaptions...   

coach-0.png

Also fuck lsu

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, Loco said:

Wait what are we talking about here?

1) UCF not really trying to play a schedule to build credibility.   FSU/UM the most recent programs to rise in prominence in Florida played "Anyone anywhere"  They went in and beat the establishment on the road to demonstrate their worth.  I hate both of these teams with a passion, but I have respect for what they did.   UCF refuses to go this route because it takes years to pay off and it's tough (maybe because they can't pull it off *cough* O'leary  *cough*)   I don't think this approach is bad for UCF, it's just a weeny thing to do.    It's like inviting all the supermodels to come over to your mom's basement to blow you and then pouting when they say NO....   I tried, it's so unfair!  Brady fucks a model!111!!!1

2) UF Scheduling cupcakes....  yes they do, yes FSU is... I've been banned from Swampgas for suggesting they make UGA home/away and play a national team from a big conference.  So yeah, we agree.   Now, what's the infuriating reason the Gata does this???   Is it an Secsec conspiracy so brilliantly schemed that the rest of 'Murica is fooled and controlled by a cabal in Birmingham AL ???   Oh you cracked the case!    Or is it $$$?   More home games = more ticket sales/concessions...  more alumni engagement ($$$)... more support for local businesses... chance to get PT and build team depth in a blowout... host recruits...  etc    

1. Find a home game only patsy  
  2. Tell anyone who will listen it's to support lower tier college athletics (we are so awesome, think of the childrens!)
  3. Fuck the fans
  4. Run up the score
  5. Literally profit

Now just because UCF says they deserve it and they are awesome, UF should give up that $$$, drive down to America's taint and fill up their stadium/wallet...   No thanks bro, if we are doing a home/away series and give up the cash, the fans should get a great match-up and the Gata some recruiting visibility...   USCw, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, OSU, ND those are the games the Gata should schedule not the Golden Knights....  

Also CSU game was so we could hire the Shark-lwain...  *shudders*

Yes. This is literally a no win situation for Florida. They would lose money on the deal and be expected to wipe the floor with UCF. It would be the same as if Texas played a home and away with a really good UTEP squad. Waste of our time and no help to the program at all. Loco is right, and it's a recipe that most blue bloods follow.

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

UCF needs to start posting every rejection letter from a P5 team online. Keep offering, keep sweetening the deal, keep posting.

A kind of "pressure the P5" from the outside in approach could work eventually... I think the easiest in-state match up might be against Miami...

1 hour ago, Monster said:

Fucking cowards.   

They need to take the 2-1 deal if they want to prove they belong on the national stage against a FL caliber team or go do 1-1’s with the mid tier out of state P5 schools to increase their SoS. 

No thanks bro, if we are doing a home/away series and give up the cash, the fans should get a great match-up and the Gata some recruiting visibility...   USCw, Stanford, Oregon, Texas, OSU, ND those are the games the Gata should schedule not the Golden Knights....  

Which has happened exactly never ...

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Yes. This is literally a no win situation for Florida. They would lose money on the deal and be expected to wipe the floor with UCF. It would be the same as if Texas played a home and away with a really good UTEP squad. Waste of our time and no help to the program at all. Loco is right, and it's a recipe that most blue bloods follow.

The cartel/country club is not accepting applications at this time. 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, JBJ said:

The problem specifically with UCF is that their non-conf SOS is ranked #125: SC State, UNC, FAU.  (FAU is the best team of that bunch.)

They won't play a ranked team all year and their toughest opponents are Temple and Cincy.

I wouldn't mind seeing an undefeated G5 team in the playoff, but that's a schedule that half of P5 teams would have have a good shot to go undefeated at - a group that would include teams like Purdue and Virginia, who would be happy just to make a bowl.  

And I'd be righteously pissed if they took the spot from my team.

You mean like UGA’s, and yet Herbie was whining like a bitch...

We need an 8 team playoff. The champs of the Power 5 conferences and 3 at large bids, make it happen NCAA. The new system is slightly better than the BCS, but it still sucks. Nobody  questions the NCAAB champions after March madness, the winners earn it.

• Like 5

Ya gotta understand Gaytor is aggy pulling aggy shit. Danny White and UCF give no fucks.

Gaytor wants no part of UCF because as things stand right now UCF is more than swamp aggy can handle.

Ps. That biggest cocktail party horseshit in Jacksonville? UCF has that every fucking home game. Drunk on they knightro ass all over campus.

39 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Only way UCF gets those types of deals against blue bloods/ borderline blue bloods is if they pull off sustained runs like Boise State or TCU.  

1-2 years of lightning in a bottle isn't cutting it.  It provides no benefit at all to the teams you're calling out.  They wipe the floor with you, it was supposed to happen.  A close win or loss, and everyone laughs.

Beat LSU in the bowl game and maybe some decent P5 teams without much legacy (i.e. Aggy) will give you a home-and-home.  Beat those guys, then you can talk about "deserving" a home-and-home with traditional powers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Only way UCF gets those types of deals against blue bloods/ borderline blue bloods is if they pull off sustained runs like Boise State or TCU.  

Agreed, and I would add Utah & Louisville to the list of schools who sustained success and parlayed that into a P5 invite...

• Like 1

1-2 years of lightning in a bottle isn't cutting it.  It provides no benefit at all to the teams you're calling out.  They wipe the floor with you, it was supposed to happen.  A close win or loss, and everyone laughs.
Beat LSU in the bowl game and maybe some decent P5 teams without much legacy (i.e. Aggy) will give you a home-and-home.  Beat those guys, then you can talk about "deserving" a home-and-home with traditional powers.

You think aggy would offer to play them if UCF beat LSU? Or play on the road? Come on man.

9 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You think aggy would offer to play them if UCF beat LSU? Or play on the road? Come on man.

Right? aggy ain't giving up any of their ridiculous number of annual home games. They gotta pay for that fancy, new Kroger's.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If I was UCF I would go ahead and schedule a few 2 for 1 series with a few good P5 teams. Then after they play 1 home and 1 away just cancel the other other away.

Wouldn't it be better to just try to negotiate an additional "home & away" with that school before the 2nd away game..? It would give in total 5 P5 games for UCF (1/2 decade)

UCF doesn’t deserve shit. If they want to be thought of as a big boy you take the 2 and 1 deal and beat Florida and prove you belong.

Florida has no reason for a home and home with that school and lose money. No major program schedules home and homes against schools no one cares about.

It’s not because they are scared of UCF, again they are offering to play them but are not willing to lose money to do it. They won’t schedule a home and home against Colorado School of Mines either, neither will Texas.

I’m open to an 8 game playoff and putting UCF in that 8 but no more than that. You can see from the example above how even at 8 teams there are only a handful who have a realistic shot at winning it all.

Last year Boise, FAU, Troy, Toledo for example, did they deserve a shot at the title?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mileslong said:

UCF doesn’t deserve shit. If they want to be thought of as a big boy you take the 2 and 1 deal and beat Florida and prove you belong.

Florida has no reason for a home and home with that school and lose money. No major program schedules home and homes against schools no one cares about.

It’s not because they are scared of UCF, again they are offering to play them but are not willing to lose money to do it. They won’t schedule a home and home against Colorado School of Mines either, neither will Texas.

I’m open to an 8 game playoff and putting UCF in that 8 but no more than that. You can see from the example above how even at 8 teams there are only a handful who have a realistic shot at winning it all.

Last year Boise, FAU, Troy, Toledo for example, did they deserve a shot at the title?

Agreed, work your way up to respectability...

Has winning 25 straight games not earned them any credibility?  What makes Florida so entitled that UCF must cater to their whims, other than being a member of the country club?   This same UF program that hasn't left the south for a true road game in decades?   This right here is what's killing interest in the sport.  

UCF needs Florida, not the other way around. Florida has played football since 1906, UCF since like 1980.

UCF got their high rating and a good bowl game despite playing one of the easiest schedules in college football. I honestly think some of you think they deserve to be number 1 or something

I don’t know if we were paid a fuck ton, but we played at UCF during Colt’s tenure.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Florida is TERRIFIED of *THE* Colorado School of Mines.

As soon as the Gators walked into luxurious Marv Kay Stadium in beautiful Golden, Colorado and faced the Nerd Herd, they would collectively soil themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I somewhat agree with the idea that it is really not the job of UF specifically to give UCF credibility there are 13 other programs in the SEC SEC SEC for people to call out to play UCF along with FSU and Miami if they want to use the "Florida schools owe us" argument

that is the same tired shit that UH tries with UT, but the one time UT tried to work with UH they basically fucked UT fans because they did not actually want the fans in their crappy high school stajium they just wanted the money and the prestige of playing UT at UH

and that was back when the administration at UH was just incompetent and stupid not arrogant and stupid like they are now

not to mention that for some reason UH fans never get a hard on for aggy even though you can make a strong case that aggy has "left UH behind" more than UT has (never mind the fact it is not the job of one university or athletics department to hold the hand of another) and UT at least tried to play UH one time and UH totally fucked it up and was unapologetic about it and in fact thought they did no wrong  

plus little brother Tech schedules UH and beats them (with the exception of the idiot mike swinging his sword of lose) so why does UT need to schedule them when little brother can take care of that

if people wanted to settle the UCF deal schedule a paid neutral site game and have it be a UCF home game and then start calling for programs to accept that game and money with no loss of a home game....if UCF does not like that then fuck them

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mileslong said:

UCF needs Florida, not the other way around. Florida has played football since 1906, UCF since like 1980.

UCF got their high rating and a good bowl game despite playing one of the easiest schedules in college football. I honestly think some of you think they deserve to be number 1 or something

I think your opinions qualify as #2. ;)