Suicide Squad 2

HtownHorn

they fucked up  the first one by signing will smith and then giving in to his ego to make it a will smith movie. also, shoehornig the joker clumsily in was terrible as well.

it could have been a good rated R dark dc engine, but they went for mainstream appeal and got a real shitty movie.

another part of the problem is that it emphasized the ham-fisted approach DC is taking with their movies. 

if they had taken a more patient approach, maybe those villains in the suicide squad have some meaning to them. say, batman locked up the joker and harley quinn in one movie, and the flash gets deadeye (i'm making all this shit up as i go along, i don't know the actual comic history of these villains), then aquaman gets the alligator guy,  maybe wonder woman locks up the fire guy (see how bad it is? i don't remember any of these dude's names because i couldn't give a single fuck about them) etc, etc, and we have some history with them, a rapport, if you will, with the characters, maybe we would have had a more cohesive movie.

as it stood, they tried to give us too many characters with too much exposition in one movie. you could even have jared leto's psycho joker as a departure from heath's "dog chasing cars" joker.

but no, we get something like a squad of 10 bad guys we don't know sent on a suicide mission against a super villain we don't know, led by some good guy we don't know, all under the instruction of some other shadowy government person we also don't know.

no wonder it din't work.

Edited by hayden_horn

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...