LSU is going in dry

texifornia

Appears to be a lot more going on than just the NCAA stuff.  Obviously there's that.  Then there's the sexual assault cover ups.  Now there are reports Orgeron lost the locker room due to his mishandling of the BLM movement this summer.  Combine that with the outrageous sin of losing in embarrassing fashion and there are rumblings Orgeron won't survive.

• 2 weeks later...

No wonder no bowl game -- didn't want Bo Pelini coaching their defense anymore...  😋

Sources: Orgeron making major staff changes at LSU

By John Brice -   December 21, 2020

A tumultuous year defending its College Football Playoffs championship is ending with LSU again making significant changes to its assistant coaching staff.

Multiple sources have told FootballScoop across the past week and again Monday that Ed Orgeron is not retaining defensive coordinator Bo Pelini, after just one year with Pelini in charge of the Tigers’ defense in Pelini’s second stint in Baton Rouge.

Orgeron hired Pelini shortly after the Tigers’ 2019 CFP title when then-defensive coordinator Dave Aranda ascended to the head coaching post at Baylor.  As it struggled to a 5-5 season, coming on the heels of losing double-digit NFL Draft picks as well as wunderkind offensive coordinator Joe Brady to the NFL’s Carolina Panthers, LSU battled a porous defense and a quarterback carousel in its 10-game, SEC-only schedule.  The Tigers, under Pelini this year, yielded 35 points per game and struggled especially in pass defense, where teams threw for more than 320 yards per game.  Said one source with knowledge, “I know Pelini knew he was out before the last game.”

Pelini’s contract was $2.3M per year for three years (so roughly $7 million) fully guaranteed.  Sources indicated to FootballScoop that additional changes also are expected to the LSU staff.   Ross Dellenger has shared, and we can confirm we’ve been told the same, that defensive line coach Bill Johnson is expected to retire and safeties coach Bill Busch is not expected to return.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-orgeron-making-major-staff-change-at-lsu/

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
3h

#LSU OC Steve Ensminger is expected to retire as an on-field coach, sources tell  @SINow . The school is expected to announce it soon.

@BKubena  has reported he'll be reassigned.

Also...

LSU: The program and passing game coordinator Scott Linehan is expected to part ways after one season, per Brooks Kubena.

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Also...

LSU: The program and passing game coordinator Scott Linehan is expected to part ways after one season, per Brooks Kubena.

Clarification...

LSU: The school has announced that offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger and defensive line coach Bill Johnson have both retired from their on-field coaching positions and will transition to analyst roles on Ed Orgeron’s staff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 7:22 PM, Nivek said:

someone paid him $2.3 million dollars, per year?  haha haha haha haha

Bo Pelini: Bo Pelini originally signed a three year contract at $2.33 million per year ($7 million in total). After year one Pelini was fired. In lieu of making the remaining monthly payouts, the school negotiated a flat payment of $4 million to Pelini (Steve Berkowitz reports). The payment is due this month.

I love how the LSU side is claiming no offer was made? Then why the fuck did you interview him with the premise going in he wouldn't leave Baton Rogue without an offer. Sounds more like after meeting Orgeron for a few hours, Arnett wanted nothing to do with claiming a ticket on this Titanic.

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:
Fucking aggy just going to keep falling upwards I guess. 

Yup, just when it seemed swamp tigah would never drop a game to aggy again, the wheels fall off.

Barn in shambles. LSU even worse because they’ll probably poach a few guys from them.   Still a long way to go to best Bama but I’ll be damned if they aren’t falling into a decent spot. 

12 hours ago, WBT said:

Do they fire Orgeron at the end of next year or the year after?  No better way to confirm you were the proverbial blind pig than by reloading with Pelini and Linehan.

No question it will be next year. What a trainwreck next season is going to be and I would imagine recruiting is going to go way down after this trainwreck of a season. It would make me chuckle if they came after Herman again. 

6 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

This thread title suddenly becomes all to accurate:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lsu-football-coach-ed-orgeron-005715145.html

LSU football coach Ed Orgeron responds to Derrius Guice rape allegations; says victims must be heard

Kenny Jacoby and Nancy Armour, USA TODAY

Thu, January 28, 2021

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron celebrates with running back Derrius Guice (5) after a touchdown against Louisville during the first half of the Citrus Bowl NCAA football game, Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016, in Orlando, Fla. (Stephen M. Dowell/Orlando Sentinel via AP)

LSU football coach Ed Orgeron issued a statement Thursday night denying that he’d made light of a sexual assault allegation against Derrius Guice.

The statement comes one day after a USA TODAY investigation found that LSU apparently failed to investigate allegations by two then-students that Guice raped them in 2016, when he was a rising star freshman.

“The sexual assault allegations made against Derrius Guice should be taken very seriously and the alleged victims must be heard and supported,” Orgeron’s statement said. “I will always stand up for what is right and without question, I have complied — and I will continue to comply — with all university Title IX protocols and procedures.”

According to the women and six friends and family members interviewed by USA TODAY, school officials at the time didn’t believe the women and provided questionable explanations as to why their alleged assaults wouldn’t be investigated. The women said no one from the university interviewed them or potential witnesses about the allegations.

Derrius Guice, who played at LSU from 2015 to '17, has been accused of rape by two former students.

Orgeron and other LSU officials did not respond to numerous detailed questions from USA TODAY on Tuesday, before the article was published. Guice, through his attorney, has denied the women’s allegations.

Guice was playing in the NFL for the Washington Football Team until Aug. 7 when he was arrested on unrelated domestic violence charges. The team cut ties with him hours later.

Orgeron’s statement comes the same day that LSU Interim President Thomas Galligan told WAFB, a local TV station, that the university has been investigating the matter “since we heard the story,” which was published online Wednesday morning.

It’s not clear who is conducting LSU’s investigation and what specifically is being investigated. Three LSU spokesmen did not answer questions from USA TODAY on Thursday, instead sending a link to a video of Galligan’s interview with WAFB.

WAFB reported that Galligan said LSU is investigating both the allegations against Guice and “how the university initially handled the situation.”

“I can’t say too much about the details, but I can say, given my time at LSU, that I would be surprised if we did not follow our procedures and our policies,” Galligan told WAFB. “Of course, I would also be concerned if we did not follow our procedures and our policies.”

USA TODAY’s investigation found that LSU does not appear to have investigated either woman’s complaint, despite federal Title IX policies in place at the time. Universities were required to “promptly investigate” sexual assault allegations to determine what occurred and then take appropriate steps to resolve the situation.

In addition, LSU’s own Title IX policy said, “Any supervisor, or other responsible party who witnesses or receives a report or complaint, shall notify the Campus Title IX Coordinator.” The Title IX coordinator is then required to conduct an initial review to determine if a full investigation should be conducted.

‘I lost all respect for him’

Orgeron was a defensive assistant under then-head coach Les Miles when the alleged assaults occurred. He was named interim head coach after Miles was fired a month into the 2016 season, and announced as head coach on Nov. 26, 2016.

One of the women said Guice raped her in early 2016 after she had passed out in her bedroom during a party he’d shown up to uninvited. The other woman said Guice raped her in late June 2016 when she allowed him into her house after a night of drinking at a bar, where they’d met for the first time.

The first woman was dating an LSU football recruit at the time of the alleged assault and told her then-boyfriend about the incident afterward. The recruit told USA TODAY that in the spring of 2017, Orgeron brought up subject of Guice and his then-girlfriend and told him, “Everybody’s girlfriend sleeps with other people.’”

The former player said he doesn’t know how Orgeron knew what happened, but he believes the coach knew it was not consensual.

“I lost all respect for him,” the player said of Orgeron.

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron celebrates with running back Derrius Guice (5) following their 40-24 win over Mississippi in an NCAA college football game in Oxford, Miss., Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)

Orgeron disputed having said this. He said he would not reveal full details of the conversation, but that the athlete’s recollection is inaccurate. Rather, Orgeron said the player came to his office discussing a transfer and that they “discussed the player’s relationship challenges with his girlfriend.”

“I told him what I would tell my own sons: ‘We all experience heartbreak growing up. Do not throw away a promising academic and football career at LSU because of a personal obstacle,’” Orgeron said.

“Any insinuation that I had knowledge of his girlfriend and Derrius Guice is completely false.”

When contacted by USA TODAY after Orgeron issued his statement, the former LSU player said, "Everyone knows the truth."

If you have a tip or sensitive information you want to share, reach out to USA TODAY Sports at SportsTip@usatoday.com. You can also contact the reporters directly, narmour@usatoday.com for Nancy Armour or kjacoby@gatehousemedia.com for Kenny Jacoby.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: LSU coach Orgeron on Derrius Guice rape claims: Victims must be heard

Lsu saving money...

LSU: New defensive line coach Andre Carter’s first year salary will be $200,000. In year 2 he’ll earn $450,000 per Brody Miller who notes the Jets still owe Carter money from his contract they terminated.

previously....

LSU: LSU plans to hire former New York Jets defensive line coach Andre Carter as their defensive line coach Bruce Feldman tweets. After a 13 year NFL career, Carter has been in coaching four seasons – two as assistant defensive line coach for the Dolphins and two in New York. Carter worked with new LSU DC Daronte Jones when Jones served as assistant DBs coach with the Dolphins.

Edited by LTtxfan

LSU: Blake Baker will earn $1.05 million on a two year deal per Brody Miller. ($500k yr1, and $550k yr2)

LSU Hires Blake Baker as LB Coach

GLEN WEST   JAN 28, 2021

After the recent hiring of Daronte Jones as defensive coordinator, coach Ed Orgeron has said he wanted to fill the remaining defensive coaching positions swiftly. LSU is finalizing a deal with Miami Hurricanes defensive coordinator Blake Baker to coach the linebackers according to a report from Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger.

Baker is also expected to have duties beyond coaching the linebackers on the defensive staff according to Dellenger's report.

The 38-year-old defensive coordinator has some Louisiana ties, much like LSU's new defensive coordinator as he worked alongside current Hurricanes' head coach Manny Diaz at Louisiana Tech back in 2014 and eventually followed Diaz to Miami. Baker served as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Louisiana Tech from 2015-18 and had previous stops at Texas and Arkansas State. 

In his two seasons as defensive coordinator in Miami, the Canes ranked No. 23 and No. 51 in defense so for Orgeron and LSU to potentially sway him away from that position would be a huge win. Of course the Tigers didn't land their No. 1 or even No. 2 option at defensive coordinator but did land a guy in Jones who has an extensive background in developing talent in the secondary. 

Linebacker is one of the positions that will need to develop this offseason so bringing in Baker, a former linebacker himself at Tulane from 2000-04, is a great start. 

Of course the Tigers are also hoping to find a defensive line coach to add to its young group of intriguing coaching talent that includes offensive coordinator Jake Peetz and passing game coordinator DJ Mangas.

“When I look at a candidate, I want to see how the players are going to feel. Number one. Is he going to be able to connect to the players. That’s one of the most important things as a coach. I want to protect our players and have a coach who’s going to love them but who is also going to make them better," Orgeron said. 

Edited by LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...