Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Just got back from the game.

All things considered, we played well. Damn near covered the spread even though Baylor couldn’t stop the run with a QB who they knew wasn’t gonna run. Proud of the defense. 

You picked a great game to not have to listen to the garbage coming out of the announcers mouths 

37 minutes ago, pacman said:

Top ten upsets today. We lose a starting qb, a hobbled top rb, and we pull the W.

Some of you need to drink more.

It was also a classic trap game that usually kills a home team coming off a huge road win. Texas looses this game in the past. They are now finding ways to win games. Pretty? Negative. Closer than it should have been? Yup. Did we get lucky? Maybe, but luck favors the prepared.

I cannot stress this enough. For all the shitty things that happened, we still did enough to win this game. This team is a freaaking team. Everyone outside of Austin is pulling for and waiting for us to fuck up and loose, but we don't. Texas is back...to making motherfuckers sick because we find ways to win games. Fuck you aggy! Fuck you conference mates! And fuck you doubters!

Hook 'em Horns!!!! Wheres the Tylenol?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
16 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:
Or he is more drunk than I am....
god
i love the feeling of winning in the fall...

Me too but I would prefer blowout wins instead of Fred Akers specials like today. At least it wasn't a Charlie Strong special.

As much as i liked CS

i gotta agree wit ya

Edited by TexasTroll

14 minutes ago, Droopy said:

It was also a classic trap game that usually kills a home team coming off a huge road win. Texas looses this game in the past. They are now finding ways to win games. Pretty? Negative. Closer than it should have been? Yup. Did we get lucky? Maybe, but luck favors the prepared.

I cannot stress this enough. For all the shitty things that happened, we still did enough to win this game. This team is a freaaking team. Everyone outside of Austin is pulling for and waiting for us to fuck up and loose, but we don't. Texas is back...to making motherfuckers sick because we find ways to win games. Fuck you aggy! Fuck you conference mates! And fuck you doubters!

Hook 'em Horns!!!! Wheres the Tylenol?

Lose not loose

6/10 at a wedding right now and going up. So glad we didn't lose to those fucks. I really don't give a shit about the game. 6-1. Move on. Baylor is trash.

Big win for Texas to assert themselves against an inferior opponent despite Sam going out. 

Let's get rested up and take that bye and win this Conference. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Jeff Ward made his kicks. 

Except when we needed it most. In the 1984 Cotton Bowl vs Georgia, Ward made 3 FGs, two of which were glorified extra points. He missed more FGs that game than he missed the entire season. We lost the game 10-9, and along with it the MNC.

FML

Edit:  Yes, I know he was a freshman. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

• Fuck You 50

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

why was BU charged a TO late in game when their DB went down. It seemed like it killed the MO.  Seemed like there was about 3min and change left.

they were charged a timeout when one of their players went down with an injury at the very end of the game around that time. it wasn't the kid that broke his arm though, nor was it the guy that kept pointing to his knee (cramping maybe) then hobbled to the sideline with the trainer. it was after that.

4 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

Baylor struggles to win football games when people do not look the other way when they break the law. I mean rules. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Wow.  We’ve seen some sandy ones in here but geez

12 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Take the loss, pussy

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Baylor struggles to win football games when people do not look the other way when they break the law. I mean rules. 

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

• Fuck You 48

Just now, BearCon said:

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

Lol he mad. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BearCon said:

I know you twats like dominant, but usually it is when you are killing your teammates or raping your coeds. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

they were charged a timeout when one of their players went down with an injury at the very end of the game around that time. it wasn't the kid that broke his arm though, nor was it the guy that kept pointing to his knee (cramping maybe) then hobbled to the sideline with the trainer. it was after that.

yeah, i get that.  why were they charged a TO?  there was 3 plus min left in the game.

16 minutes ago, BearCon said:

4jO6oq.gif

2 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Welcome to Surly.

I hope your stay is short.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BearCon said:

So why are you here? Baylor sites full of rape enablers? You should feel right at home. Take the loss against our shitty 2nd string QB, pussy ass bitch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BearCon said:

You’re Baylor.

Nobody cares.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BearCon said:

TTLP

5 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Stop being a rape enabling cunt and get off our website. I’m sure there are some BU boards that buy your bullshit

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Concrete290.jpg

6 minutes ago, BearCon said:

We've all had our President resign in disgrace for their part in covering up rape.  No - wait!  That's you and Penn State.

• Like 2