Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I don't know. We've fucked up so many QBs by putting them in without a redshirt. I'd rather sacrifice the season and get ready for next year.

We get four games without burning a shirt. If Sam can't go, play Rising. We know Shane's imitations. No need to see more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:

Unless Sam can't go..

Or if you're willing to risk what could be a Big12 champ season on a QB who only has HS experience..

Alan Bowman is Tech's best QB. Charlie Brewer was a freshman who took over midway last year.
Considering freshmen can get 4 games of experience now without losing eligibility, then I don't see the problem with it. Especially since it's clear Shane Buechele is not going to win a conference championship.

If Sam is out for multiple games, we know what we have in Shane. He is not our quarterback. 

Look, all of us are happy for the win, but if you want to objectively analyze the game, Shane was pretty poor.  184 yards on 34 attempts with 44 of that on a 50/50 ball which was pretty much all Collin Johnson.  He made a nice throw to allow Johnson to make a play but he couldn't even make those throws consistently.  He had his moments, but for an ex-starter who's calling card is passing, he was rather poor against a shitty ass defense.  Fortunate to get the win and I've already broken out the good whiskey but we have 3 more losses the rest of the way if our offense looks like that again....

3 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

It's Herman's fault the QB he inherited can't pass when called upon. That's rich.

His biggest mistake today was not going to Cameron Rising in the 2nd half. Buechele has no future here, and it's finally clear as day now.

Or not calling slant passes instead of everyone keying in the rb run plays.....   But yea his play calling with a lead has been perfectly fine......  Ok. And the other guy who said he was brought here to coach his offense with a running qb...   so you admit he can’t adjust his play calling lol

Edited by Hook1997

Some of you guys forget how many games we have lost the last decade where we had the lead like that and gave up the final touchdown. To be on the other side finally of close games I’ll take. At the end of the year people only see the W/L record and don’t care if we “almost won” 2-3 games but barely lost. So just win. Fuck everything else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol. That was some dumb shit play calling. Baylor has the worse run defense we have faced and we passed 34 times. It wasn’t the abundance of pass plays it was starting Shane off throwing 6 of 10 fucking hail Mary’s. I realize you hate shave but the play calling was shittastic all day after sam went down. 

Forget it man, its Tiredoflurking

she needs to change her name to TiredOfPosting

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You guys are rookies. Watchespn app has the postgame. You can have it running in a small window while F5ing Surly. Profit.

Not sure what that has to do what with I said. But fuck ESPN and their apps lol. That broadcast today was an abortion. So many fucking commercials, studio updates, yuk monkey announcers. I hate eSPN broadcasts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Alan Bowman is Tech's best QB. Charlie Brewer was a freshman who took over midway last year.
Considering freshmen can get 4 games of experience now without losing eligibility, then I don't see the problem with it. Especially since it's clear Shane Buechele is not going to win a conference championship.

If Sam is out for multiple games, we know what we have in Shane. He is not our quarterback. 

If Sam is out, let’s let the next 2 weeks of practice inform our coaches about who should play in Stillwater. 

I’m sorry, but Shane, after 2 years experience, should play better under these circumstances. If what Herman said that it was hard to make a decision on which QB to start at the beginning of the season, then it should have been more seamless when Shane came in. Instead Shane is still unsure and slow a lot of the time. I love Shane, but ...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Look, all of us are happy for the win, but if you want to objectively analyze the game, Shane was pretty poor.  184 yards on 34 attempts with 44 of that on a 50/50 ball which was pretty much all Collin Johnson.  He made a nice throw to allow Johnson to make a play but he couldn't even make those throws consistently.  He had his moments, but for an ex-starter who's calling card is passing, he was rather poor against a shitty ass defense.  Fortunate to get the win and I've already broken out the good whiskey but we have 3 more losses the rest of the way if our offense looks like that again....

Did you objectively subtract those yards from ehlinger Vs. Maryland as our receivers bailed sam out on diving td catches twice. 

We barely beat k-state with ehlinger, so we are fortunate to win today like that game. Sam didn’t start looking good passing the ball until last week, before that he was missing wide open guys as well. Sam is at his best when he’s running like Tebow and we feed the pass off of that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:

Shame is rusty

game plan was not built around Shane’s strenghts

the game was won with Shane under center

shut the fuck up.

This. Shane came in with zero snaps all season. He managed the game as best he could with an offensive plan not designed for him.

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol. That was some dumb shit play calling. Baylor has the worse run defense we have faced and we passed 34 times. It wasn’t the abundance of pass plays it was starting Shane off throwing 6 of 10 fucking hail Mary’s. I realize you hate shave but the play calling was shittastic all day after sam went down. 

I agree the deep ball to Dev was dumb.

Just now, Brandywine said:

I’m sorry, but Shane, after 2 years experience, should play better under these circumstances. If what Herman said that it was hard to make a decision on which QB to start at the beginning of the season, then it should have been more seamless when Shane came in. Instead Shane is still unsure and slow a lot of the time. I love Shane, but ...

but he hasn't gotten 1st team reps ALL season and was thrust into duty unexpectedly. Go on...

Ok..

A big FUCK YOU to all still shitting on Buechele, he did what he's capable of, and he could have said "fuck it, I'm transferring" by now.

If anyone is to blame, it's Herman/Beck for keeping the same game plan when Sam went out, but you know what...

WE WON THE FUCKING GAME. So change your tampon and gird your loins for two weeks from now. We're still in the Motherfucking, gotdam drivers seat for the Big12 championship.

Beeyotch.

• Like 9

It's hilarious that you all think Duvernay's decoy routes (that he's been running for two years) were the intended target, and that it wasn't Buechele thinking he has a better arm than he actually does.

Just because Herman designs a play with deep routes doesn't mean the quarterback has to throw them. Those shitty passes downfield were on Shane... because he can't make them.

13 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I'm a Sam homer, but glad Shane came through. He hasn't had the reps that Sam has gotten but he did enough and a win is a win. 

Yeah a Win is GREAT!!!!!!

Terrible run game effort.... Don't know who to blame....

Get Mr. Miyagi to fix Sam's shoulder....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanrahan said:

I know, we’re eagerly awaiting the day you get to call plays.

So slants wernt open in the fourth and the Baylor fan next to me was wrong when he said wtf with our end of game play calling.....   ok....   it’s happened every time Herman has a lead or maybe you are watching different games?

Some real smart decisions right before the half, some real boneheaded ones in the second. Sterns is primed to set interception records the rest of this season, and even an injured Ingram is boss.

I didn’t know why Orlando didn’t pressure while they were on their owN 3. Doubtful they would have given up the homerun.

6 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

But should have stuck in a freshman???

lets wait till Shane gets hurt before that happens.

7 minutes ago, Dixie Normous said:

Curious what you guys “love” about Shane? Dude is a loner and not a leader. He’s sucked from day 1 and lost us many road games with his turtling. He’s not gonna exactly outgoing and likable in person either.

he is The next in line

AFTER being the first.

Edited by TexasTroll