Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

It's hilarious that you all think Duvernay's decoy routes (that he's been running for two years) were the intended target, and that it wasn't Buechele thinking he has a better arm than he actually does.

Just because Herman designs a play with deep routes doesn't mean the quarterback has to throw them. Those shitty passes downfield were on Shane... because he can't make them.

Seem to remember the weak armed qb overthrowing some plays.

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That’s a very minor injury. He’d be good to go if there was a game next weekend.

A quick search on the internet says 2-3 week recovery time. I am betting he is ok for Ok State, but if he is 50/50 it may be best to save him for WVU. Throwing shoulder makes it more complicated.

Edited by Vertigo

Worth noting, these are games Tom Herman has fallen victim to many times (overlooked games on the schedule). It was managed pretty poorly down the stretch (LJH on 3rd down), but he was able to pull of the win with a 2nd string QB with a complete scheme overhaul mid-game. Not a lot of coaches managing polar opposite QB's could pull it off. It is quite disturbing we could not score in the second half but we did what was needed to get the win. Kudos to the defense for pulling through this week as the offense bailed them out last weekend in Dallas.

Edited by TexasFan21

40 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

If Ehlinger cant go in 2 weeks, I can promise you Shane will look a ton better actually getting reps with the 1s and preparing like a starting QB. 

Probably not. He is who he is. Great kid, but not a QB for this program. There were parts of this game I started to want Rising or Thompson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Guy just asked if Sam hurt his shoulder after leaving the game

Weird...but to be fair, they TV seemed fixated on the bleeding hand. I didn't know about shoulder but wondered why it was hanging oddly after CJ's TD. And reading on surly confirmed the shoulder problem.

26 minutes ago, Dixie Normous said:

Curious what you guys “love” about Shane? Dude is a loner and not a leader. He’s sucked from day 1 and lost us many road games with his turtling. He’s not gonna exactly outgoing and likable in person either.

He just came in off the bench and beat Baylor. The offense is not designed for him and he still managed to lead us to a win. All the while having a great attitude about losing the starting job.

He is a very likeable guy in my book.

Negged, bitch.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:

The only thing  is TH hasn’t shown he is able/willing to make a game plan for Shane.

hope that changes

Ok. I did not play college ball. 

In college you can only practice so many hours a week. So do you split time between planning for 2 game plans or do you try and get 1 game plan more practice?  

You guys act like coaches just say “run this play even though we haven’t practiced it in 6 weeks” and the players are expected to execute it perfectly. 

Not sure what that has to do what with I said. But fuck ESPN and their apps lol. That broadcast today was an abortion. So many fucking commercials, studio updates, yuk monkey announcers. I hate eSPN broadcasts.
Psvue has lhn. Watchin colin j on game day final right now.

2 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Ok. I did not play college ball. 

In college you can only practice so many hours a week. So do you split time between planning for 2 game plans or do you try and get 1 game plan more practice?  

You guys act like coaches just say “run this play even though we haven’t practiced it in 6 weeks” and the players are expected to execute it perfectly. 

Yep

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Guy just asked if Sam hurt his shoulder after leaving the game

I went back and reviewed the game before the refs took him out. I saw the bleeding on his hand, but he wasn't favoring his shoulder whatsoever. Maybe the tent on the sidelined took him out.

He just came in off the bench and beat Baylor. The offense is not designed for him and he still managed to lead us to a win. All the while having a great attitude about losing the starting job.
He is a very likeable guy in my book.
Negged, bitch.  

He sucked when the offense was designed for him for a couple years. We won despite him today. His great attitude is nothing more than the dude having no personality. I hated Strong but in his defense he’d probably still be here if not for Shane.
  • Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Dixie Normous said:

He sucked when the offense was designed for him for a couple years. We won despite him today. His great attitude is nothing more than the dude having no personality. I hated Strong but in his defense he’d probably still be here if not for Shane.

You mean Shane, who had to start as a true freshman is what caused Strong to lose his job? 

There has been a lot of retarded stuff posted on the shag and this ranks right up there. 

I don’t see the point in hating on the guy. He’s is ours and we have to make do. Might not be pretty and it might not work but I bet he’s given a hell of a lot more to this program than you ever have.
  • Like 3

Curious what you guys “love” about Shane? Dude is a loner and not a leader. He’s sucked from day 1 and lost us many road games with his turtling. He’s not gonna exactly outgoing and likable in person either.
I like the fact that he's not a hampster penised dogshit eating wanker such as yourself YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS! SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS TOFFEE-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

1f43209fbda4c8d04c2827958bd202a3.gif
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1