Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

1 minute ago, smoky said:

Baylor had a pass early that the refs ruled incomplete but looked like a backwards pass from where I was sitting. Were there replays of it?

Yes, it was a clear backwards pass. Also, their first TD was a clear, two hands arms fully extended shove, OPI. 

Coupled with the all the bear hugging of our defense, Baylor can take the loss pussy. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

7 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

take your false equivalency bullshit and shove it up your ass. its NEVER acceptable for anyone to force themselves upon another person. your bullshit idea that your "university" should get a pass because it happens elsewhere is bullshit. it shouldn't fucking happen anywhere.

its also spelled acuity, dumbfuck.

4 minutes ago, BearCon said:

What play made y’all feel like “Texas was back?” The one where Baylor intercepted the pass in the end zone and the refs called incomplete? Or a different play where the refs called a phantom penalty? 

Either way, much deserved W. 

It was the part where you took the loss pussy 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BearCon said:

What play made y’all feel like “Texas was back?” The one where Baylor intercepted the pass in the end zone and the refs called incomplete? Or a different play where the refs called a phantom penalty? 

The one where the entire university didn't try to cover up a massive rape scandal for football relevancy?  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Without being a lazy fuck, please provide me with concrete proof as to what Baylor / Briles did  that doesn’t already happen at every single major university. All of you faggots just read lazy media headlines and message board bull shit and not one of you actually has a shred of evidence that can show Baylor did anything worse than what’s historically happened at every single university. Fuck all of you hypocritical mother fuckers. This site has the mental accuity of a god damned gold fish. 

Without being a lazy fuck please provide me concrete proof that anyone else is doing what Baylor was doing (except Penn State). 

10 minutes ago, BearCon said:

Felt like Texas is back when you lost 4 in a row to Texas. Enjoy the L and being stuck in the basement of the Big 12 where you belong bitch. 

9 minutes ago, BearCon said:

we aren't the ones making stupid assertions. we also didn't go to another teams message board to try and take a shit in the punch bowl. frankly, i think everyone here couldn't give less of a shit about whether or not "Texas is back;" you'll find out soon enough that your holier-than-thou bullshit isn't welcome once the hammer drops. i just hope immamac ipbans your sorry ass after we neg you to oblivian.

8 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

The one where the entire university didn't try to cover up a massive rape scandal for football relevancy?  

don't forget that the University of Texas also developed and implemented a reporting system to enable victims of sexual assault and rape to be able to report their attackers. that way they can do so without fear of reprisal or it being covered up.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BearCon said:

I can just see this poor guy wiping away tears as he types each post.  It will be OK.  PS.  Take the loss.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

One thing is for sure, Texas wasn’t back in 2015 when a Texas team coached by a functional retard and quarter backed by a guy playing tight end in the NFL went to #12 Baylor’s brand new stadium and beat the fuck out of every guy in their QB room en route to a glorious 5 win season. 

would rep, but I'm shooting blanks

12 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

One thing is for sure, Texas wasn’t back in 2015 when a Texas team coached by a functional retard and quarter backed by a guy playing tight end in the NFL went to #12 Baylor’s brand new stadium and beat the fuck out of every guy in their QB room en route to a glorious 5 win season. 

Strong to very strong.

1 hour ago, BearCon said:

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

Congrats on having a football program. I was super impressed when Baylor coaches knowingly covered up sexual assault, the Baylor administration turned a blind eye, and the Baylor fan base gave them all a pass to ensure they could ensure they experience the thing that has eluded Baylor for most of its history - victory. Baylor is a not a complete and utter disgrace, no doubt.

• Like 1

Except when we needed it most. In the 1984 Cotton Bowl vs Georgia, Ward made 3 FGs, two of which were glorified extra points. He missed more FGs that game than he missed the entire season. We lost the game 10-9, and along with it the MNC.
FML
Edit:  Yes, I know he was a freshman. 

I remember it well. Georgia fans loved asking what time it was.

10 to 9.

1 minute ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Oh and wtf is up with the fucking delay of game penalties coming after a change of possession? That has to be about 7 this year so far. That shit pisses me off more than watching P.J. playing man 2 man 10 yards behind his assignment. 

Mensa likes to mind fuck his opponent into thinking he's poorly organized.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Congrats on having a football program. I was super impressed when Baylor coaches knowingly covered up sexual assault, the Baylor administration turned a blind eye, and the Baylor fan base gave them all a pass to ensure they could ensure they experience the thing that has eluded Baylor for most of its history - victory. Baylor is a not a complete and utter disgrace, no doubt.

I like the part where they actually punished the victims for drinking alcohol, but not the actual rapists. What a disgrace.

So Baylor did nothing wrong because multiple rapes and cover ups to protect the fucking rapists happen on every single fucking campus?  Fuck you.  Fuck you and all the hypocritical holier than thou mother fuckers

• Like 1

Just got home. Haven't read anything. Spent the last few hours not being able to get that atrocious wildcat call in 3rd and 5 out of my head. And I was calling for the wildcat all game, but he goes to it on 3rd and fucking 5? Did he leave Buechele in on the play like he did earlier? Does he not realize that when you do that you don't get the extra blocker you get when running the wildcat? So pissed off at that play. The biggest 3rd down of the game and he calls something that has zero chance of working.

• Like 1

Nothing about playing your shitty rape school makes me feel like Texas is back.   You're just fodder between playing real programs where wins actually are milestones, like last week.  Which is why we beat you with our backup QB and two missed FGs.  Take the loss, pussy. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 4

Congrats on the win. I was super impressed when the referees disallowed a legitimate Baylor interception, called numerous fake penalties against Baylor, and generally did whatever they could to ensure a Longhorn victory. That was a dominant UT win, no doubt. 

A Baylor fan acts like a passive-aggressive pussy on the internet.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Just got home. Haven't read anything. Spent the last few hours not being able to get that atrocious wildcat call in 3rd and 5 out of my head. And I was calling for the wildcat all game, but he goes to it on 3rd and fucking 5? Did he leave Buechele in on the play like he did earlier? Does he not realize that when you do that you don't get the extra blocker you get when running the wildcat? So pissed off at that play. The biggest 3rd down of the game and he calls something that has zero chance of working.

Here you go.

tenor.gif?itemid=4606195

Bye.... Remember, no means no.

I’m not going back through the thread, but that Baylor interception in the end zone being incomplete was the right call for the same reason the OU tight end’s “TD catch” was incomplete on the first drive last week. The ground caused the ball to move during the process of the catch. You could see it pretty clearly from the angle from behind the LOS. It doesn’t matter that his hand was there, part of the ball hit the ground and the ball clearly moved when that happened - so he didn’t control it through the catch  

The big difference is last week Joel Klatt knew the rule change and diagnosed it on the replay, so when it was called incomplete the announcers had already prepped the audience for it. This week the talking heads either didn’t know the rule change or didn’t catch it it on the replay, so Joe Bearfan feels robbed. 

• Like 2

Just now, hornian said:

I’m not going back through the thread, but that Baylor interception in the end zone being incomplete was the right call for the same reason the OU tight end’s “TD catch” was incomplete on the first drive last week. The ground caused the ball to move during the process of the catch. You could see it pretty clearly from the angle from behind the LOS. It doesn’t matter that his hand was there, part of the ball hit the ground and the ball clearly moved when that happened - so he didn’t control it through the catch  

The big difference is last week Joel Klatt knew the rule change and diagnosed it on the replay, so when it was called incomplete the announcers had already prepped the audience for it. This week the talking heads either didn’t know the rule change or didn’t catch it it on the replay, so Joe Bearfan feels robbed. 

Yeah, from that one angle, it looked to me like the entire side of the ball pressed against the ground for a second during the process of the catch.   Which is probably why it was confirmed on replay, not just stood. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

Yeah, from that one angle, it looked to me like the entire side of the ball pressed against the ground for a second during the process of the catch.   Which is probably why it was confirmed on replay, not just stood. 

Exactly. And the talking heads couldn’t even articulate that. Even when Call was confirmed. 

FOX takes way too many TV timeouts, but Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt are lightyears ahead of the crew today. 

Aren’t you baptist? Swearing is a sin.

2k2g8f.jpg

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

We needed one first down to put the game away. The play before was like another... ANOTHER fucking delay handoff up the middle for one yard.

Has this coach ever heard of a sweep? A pitchout? A screen pass? I just got back on the board. Has anyone figured out who was calling the plays today. Jesus God.