2018-2019 San Antonio Spurs: Fuck Kawhi Leonard

Michael Knight

16 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Poeltl played his ass off and had a ridiculous block on Drummond. 

Is he going to be another player that is neither an all star nor a scrub who is always decent enough to be a rotation player then gets a slightly bloated deal because there are no better alternatives?   (Cough,  patty, cough pau, cough )

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Is he going to be another player that is neither an all star nor a scrub who is always decent enough to be a rotation player then gets a slightly bloated deal because there are no better alternatives?   (Cough,  patty, cough pau, cough )

Hmmm..... probably.  There's almost no way he ever turns into an All-Star, but as a good rotational big, he's very capable.  20 minute a night guy, maybe 20-25 if everything falls right for him but huge dudes like him who don't have range are turning into dinosaurs.

Here's the plan guys.  Work up to  the 7 seed, if we get any higher, rest LaMarcus to drop back to 7.  Play Denver in the 1st round.   Denver is fools gold, do any of their players have decent playoff experience?  Spurs in 5.

Then it's Houston.   We'll know it's May because cp3 will be hurt.  The it's pop vs dantoni, and well, we know how that match up usually plays out.

Then it's spurs /Warriors and I'll just stop there and call it a good season.

Who's with me?

Edited by dingleberryswitzer

Just now, Hate said:

What’s the difference in losing in the 1st round or 3rd round? I’d rather not even make the playoffs a get a higher draft pick.

1st round vs. 3rd round is a big disparity. If you go one and done, it means you're stuck in purgatory.

If you make it to the conference finals, that could mean you're a piece away from being a Finals contender.

48 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Here's the plan guys.  Work up to  the 7 seed, if we get any higher, rest LaMarcus to drop back to 7.  Play Denver in the 1st round.   Denver is fools gold, do any of their players have decent playoff experience?  Spurs in 5.

Then it's Houston.   We'll know it's May because cp3 will be hurt.  The it's pop vs dantoni, and well, we know how that match up usually plays out.

Then it's spurs /Warriors and I'll just stop there and call it a good season.

Who's with me?

Nuggets would probably beat us 4-2.  Playing at the altitude is very stout home court advantage.  We'd have a puncher's chance but Portland is probably our best shot at a round 1 upset.

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

1st round vs. 3rd round is a big disparity. If you go one and done, it means you're stuck in purgatory.

If you make it to the conference finals, that could mean you're a piece away from being a Finals contender.

We're not one piece away.... we're probably 3-4 pieces away.

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Demar DeRozan fucking sucks. There. I said it. He’s awful. I’ve been holding out hope, but I can’t watch him anymore without wanting to throw my television outta the window.

It's tough to be a non shooter in today's NBA. Luckily we have White. 

20 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We're not one piece away.... we're probably 3-4 pieces away.

That's the Pop advantage. With the right 1-2 pieces he can make that work. We get DJM back and White moves over to the 2 (where he should be), and our starting 5 is set with 2 guys that can handle the ball at the guard and at least a couple (White, Gay) guys who are threat from deep and possibly Murray as well.

If we're not counting Murray as one of those pieces of need then really we need 1-2 guys to solidify the bench (a taller/more athletic guard...... OH HEY LONNIE) and keep either Patty/Bryn but probably not both.

Good win last night, and the game before, and the game before.

2 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

That's the Pop advantage. With the right 1-2 pieces he can make that work. We get DJM back and White moves over to the 2 (where he should be), and our starting 5 is set with 2 guys that can handle the ball at the guard and at least a couple (White, Gay) guys who are threat from deep and possibly Murray as well.

If we're not counting Murray as one of those pieces of need then really we need 1-2 guys to solidify the bench (a taller/more athletic guard...... OH HEY LONNIE) and keep either Patty/Bryn but probably not both.

Good win last night, and the game before, and the game before.

Need a #1, just don't step in #2.  Seriously, we need that guy, that tent pole.  Admiral was it for a dozen years and then Timmy was it for 2 decades.  Kawhi was supposed to be the next guy, a guy who could change games with the ball in their hands.  Who teams have to double and game plan for.  LMA has been great since coming here, but he's a #2 who's fading.  DeRozan is probably a #3.  Yes, we have some pieces but who is 2 years?  The back court and Jakob as a bench big if we keep him.  Love for Lonnie to be a big piece but no idea.  Rudy, LMA, DeMar, they're all the wrong side of 30 and while they could have some role perhaps, they all make too much money.  Finding that franchise player is the toughest thing in basketball and we're missing it right now.  Drafting in the teens or 20's, it'll be very difficult to find.  

58 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Doesn’t it feel like this is Pop’s last year?

To me it does.... but I admit, I could be totally wrong.