Do You Remember? 60s-80s

retread

17 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Dadgum - I had that thing!  Don't even remember what it did - a number guessing game maybe?

17 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

It played a bunch of games - Tic-Tac-Toe, a ripoff of mastermind, a version of Simon, and even a weird blackjack.  Or you could just push the buttons in the backseat and annoy your patents while they drove.

Along the same lines, I also had this thing: 

Image result for 80's electronic number guessing game toy

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 2:53 PM, tfoolry said:

56c687e4350d258d83bd8867439266d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck yes.  I played the shit out that thing.  Thanks for posting, I couldn't remember what it was called.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1975-MATTEL-FLYING-ACES-ATTACK-CARRIER-PLAY-SET-VERY-RARE/162944167123?hash=item25f03aacd3:g:XpgAAOSwmRFagIgR

76-78 Halloween

costumes.jpg LukeSkywalker1977.jpg 43b89a65e5757c49b9a6346fb22aea6d.jpg

Fuck yes.  I played the shit out that thing.  Thanks for posting, I couldn't remember what it was called.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1975-MATTEL-FLYING-ACES-ATTACK-CARRIER-PLAY-SET-VERY-RARE/162944167123?hash=item25f03aacd3:g:XpgAAOSwmRFagIgR
76-78 Halloween
costumes.jpg LukeSkywalker1977.jpg 43b89a65e5757c49b9a6346fb22aea6d.jpg

Ok...goddamit did those costumes piss me off. Darth didn’t have his fucking face on the front of his outfit - he had buttons and lights and shit. Why’d they have to put a repeat face on the front? I wanted a damned costume that looked like the real thing. You hear that, you fuckers at TG&Y?!?!?
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Ok...goddamit did those costumes piss me off. Darth didn’t have his fucking face on the front of his outfit - he had buttons and lights and shit. Why’d they have to put a repeat face on the front? I wanted a damned costume that looked like the real thing. You hear that, you fuckers at TG&Y?!?!?

So much this.

When I saw those at either Gibson's or TG&Y (can't remember which, now), I told my mom screw it (in 1st grader language)...I'll go as superman instead.  And I did.

But if I had known at that moment that going as Superman meant my mom would make me wear blue tights, I would have rethought my position.

As an adult, don’t remember ever buying anything from MW. 

On the sports front: 

s-l300.jpg

61j1juDa6CL._SY355_.jpg

Spent several years as a kid watching the New Year being rung in by Guy Lombardo. 

guy-lombardo-104fcadd-7357-4aa2-99c9-55d

\1f3f2ccf9aa9d9abc8a3d7edd1e32bf3.jpg

Best uniforms in baseball. 

Edited by Underdog

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's because they knew that by the third house you would take the mask off and stuff it in your treat bag. With the face on the vinyl front, you wouldn't have to explain who you were supposed to be to everyone. Between the sharp plastic edges, sweat inducing no airflow design and cheap plastic band that would snap if you looked at it wrong, I usually bailed on mine after mom took the picture. Don't even get me started on the Kooky Spook Costume. 

14 minutes ago, gasman said:

It's because they knew that by the third house you would take the mask off and stuff it in your treat bag. With the face on the vinyl front, you wouldn't have to explain who you were supposed to be to everyone. Between the sharp plastic edges, sweat inducing no airflow design and cheap plastic band that would snap if you looked at it wrong, I usually bailed on mine after mom took the picture. Don't even get me started on the Kooky Spook Costume. 

That rubber band thing always broke. And the metal end would snap you on the head. 

Edited by Cheeseweasel

4 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Speaking of Gibson's & TG&Y...

5a4c2fba88f10082778c2833aadfdc1f.jpg

tgy.jpg

I miss the living shit out of shopping at those places. Gibson's was great for everything, rock records, sporting goods, toys. TG&Y was the GI Joe motherload.

6 minutes ago, abuelo gringo said:

Okay, somebody help me.  (l-r) ?,?, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr., Frankie, Deano, Peter Lawford, Don Rickles?, Jack Palance? top, ? below, Norman Fell, ?

Tough job identifying all. Extended Rat Pack?  Las Vegas stars?  

NM - shoulda started with Google image search.  I never saw Ocean's 11, so didn't recognize the group as them.

On 4/5/2018 at 4:10 PM, DougO said:

I miss the living shit out of shopping at those places. Gibson's was great for everything, rock records, sporting goods, toys. TG&Y was the GI Joe motherload.

Last time I was in Weatherford, TX Gibsons was still going strong.

18 hours ago, abuelo gringo said:

Okay, somebody help me.  (l-r) ?,?, Joey Bishop, Sammy Davis Jr., Frankie, Deano, Peter Lawford, Don Rickles?, Jack Palance? top, ? below, Norman Fell, ?

Tough job identifying all. Extended Rat Pack?  Las Vegas stars?  

Front left is Henry Conte?, Henry Silva is left of Jack Palance. Not Don Rickles but no idea who

edit - should have looked at whole thread before replying

Edited by AUinHsv

did any y'all ever replace the webbing in one of these?  my folks bought a roll of webbing material, planning to do our whole set (of two--- my brother and I had to sit on the ground), but only did one because it was such a PITA.  by the time the webbing went bad, the rivets were all shot anyway.   just the whole thought process was diferent, back then.  seems like we just throw everything away, now.

il_570xN.497711237_ftxe.jpg

• Like 1