Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

7 hours ago, Lurch said:

Demographic shift

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:

So racism really.

Texas has 38 electoral votes, Florida has 29.

Trump won Florida in 2016 by 1130,000 votes, won in 2020 by 370,000 votes.  DeSantis won in 2018 by 33,000 (for reference, a greater number of people died in Florida of Covid than helped DeSantis to victory).

This shit gives some Republican strategists nightmares.  Even the loss of Florida (Obama won it twice) gives them all kinds of electoral problems, and that's not getting into Georgia, NC, etc. which are razor thing margins as well.

And I would not be surprised if the rank-and-file don't realize how close DeSantis's last win was, and they have probably forgotten about Obama winning there twice.

And you'll know when the internal polling shows Texas to be close to being in play - they will have to dump a shit-ton of money and other resources into Texas, at the expense of other (R) states.

The guy sitting in front of me on the plane yesterday had an SS tattoo of two lightning bolts on the back of his neck. He was middle aged, traveling with his family IIRC. I remember a time when the majority of Americans shunned Nazis. It was only the lunatic fringe. It just seems so normal these days. A normal guy with his family traveling on the holidays, just a big fan of Nazis I guess, especially the SS, that orchestrated the extermination of the Jews. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

The guy sitting in front of me on the plane yesterday had an SS tattoo of two lightning bolts on the back of his neck. He was middle aged, traveling with his family IIRC. I remember a time when the majority of Americans shunned Nazis. It was only the lunatic fringe. It just seems so normal these days. A normal guy with his family traveling on the holidays, just a big fan of Nazis I guess, especially the SS, that orchestrated the extermination of the Jews. 

First you lie about it, then you normalize it, and them we’re fucked.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, Neonmoon said:

should of had a loud conversation with your seat mate blaming nazis for all of societies ills, and how any nazi or nazi supporter should be herded into train cars and taken to forced labor camps, and then once they become too weak to work, killed en mass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

should of had a loud conversation with your seat mate blaming nazis for all of societies ills, and how any nazi or nazi supporter should be herded into train cars and taken to forced labor camps, and then once they become too weak to work, killed en mass.

That kind of talk would make airplane freak out videos more interesting than the ones over masks. There’s little blood in that old turnip.

49 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Or talk about how proud you are of some older relative who killed a bunch of Nazis in WWII, and how you recently watched that episode on Band of Brothers where Dick Winters and Easy Company took on a larger company of SS troops and just slaughtered them and how awesome that episode was.

• Hook 'Em 4

I doubt he met any of the physical or mental requirements of the original SS.  But he would have made a fine subhuman conscript from the East, later in the war.  

We don't all need to walk around with a PhD in 20th century military history, but it pains me how little most Americans know about the Nazis/Third Reich.  

"Dude, you don't even need the tattoo...I can tell by the way you speak..."  

Nah bro, but he did meet his future wife while working as Asst. Manager at Chess King.  He moved more Mossimo than a Toyota Supra back windshield.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — No, tables are not being lowered at Round Rock Independent School District to accommodate kids who identify as animals and want to eat without their hands, the district said, after a woman running for House District 136 made the claim on social media.

“Cafeteria tables are being lowered in certain @RoundRockISD middle and high schools to allow ‘furries’ to more easily eat without utensils or their hands (ie, like a dog eats from a bowl),” candidate Michelle Evans said in a tweet from what appears to be her campaign account. The post is spreading online.

The comment was made on another post that said litter boxes were being put in Michigan school bathrooms for kids who identify as cats. School districts in Michigan have debunked those viral claims.

ADVERTISING

“This is absolutely false,” Jenny LaCoste-Caputo, a spokesperson for RRISD, said. “Tables are not being lowered in any Round Rock ISD cafeterias. In fact, cafeteria tables aren’t even equipped to be set up at different heights.”

Substitute shortage causing Round Rock ISD teachers to cover extra classes 
Evans uses the term “furries” which is generally used to describe a fetish. The term has been more broadly used in these viral claims to loosely mean students who identify as and act like animals.

Evans told KXAN she got the information from “students via their parents” and said she had no additional comment for this story. “I was merely relaying information shared with me privately,” she said.

The comment has been retweeted hundreds of times, has been screenshot and published online and has many comments including one from a woman who says she volunteered in Round Rock ISD lunchrooms recently as they face staff shortages.

2 men arrested in connection to disrupted Round Rock ISD board meeting 
“I can confirm that @ThinkerMichelle is very misinformed. Nothing like this is happening, and it’s bizarre and creepy that she even thought of this ridiculous accusation,” the poster responded.

It’s not the first time during this election cycle that RRISD has been the center of political fodder. Allen West, a Texas GOP candidate, vowed in front of Round Rock parents and community members in December that he would launch an investigation into the Round Rock ISD Police Department if elected governor after two men were arrested for their alleged roles in a rowdy board meeting that was cut short.

The school district at the time said RRISDPD was not the arresting agency in that case.

“If they continue to have a police force here at Round Rock, we will have an investigation into their authority and their jurisdiction — because I don’t think they have the ability to go out and do what they did,” West said. He also vowed to fight back against school boards that try to “rule” over parents.

READ MORE: Texas GOP candidate vows to investigate RRISD police after board meeting arrests 
As we near local and state elections, Dr. David Thomason, an associate professor of political science at St. Edwards University, who does a lot of work on school board issues, said to expect more dramatic push and pull surrounding public education.

“We have to be thoughtful and careful about the direction that this kind of dialogue goes because it is dangerous to our democratic system,” Thomason said.

Education has taken a front seat in political discourse over the past few years as disagreements about what’s being taught in schools, paired with heated debates about COVID-19 safety measures have deeply divided parents and school leaders.

FROM THE TEXAS TRIBUNE: Gov. Greg Abbott taps into parent anger to fuel reelection campaign 
It’s not just at the local level, but at the state and national level too. Thomason also pointed to Gov. Greg Abbott broadly making parental rights a pivotal part of his campaign last week, flirting with but not committing to the idea of a school voucher system.

“We can’t continue to find places where we divide, making up stories about, you know, putting tables, lowering tables or other kinds of things,” Thomason said. “We need to be thinking about ways to collaborate.”

The St. Edwards professor said even though the tweet about tables being lowered is an extreme example of misinformation being spread about what’s going on inside our public schools, the issue is much bigger — and it begs voters to keep a weary eye to how public education is being used as a tool for election.

“I think you have to be smart and be thoughtful, as parents or as anyone that’s concerned about our public schools,” Thomason said. “I mean, at the end of the day, it’s the kids, the students in those schools are the ones that we’re preparing for being strong, active, engaged citizens, in our in our democracy.”

• Rage+1 2

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy