Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Robert Fripp formed a band called the League of Crafty Guitarists.

8-string guitarist Charlie Hunter was in a band called T.J. Kirk. They only played songs by Thelonius Monk, James Brown, and Rahsaan Roland Kirk. I can’t help but think of them anytime someone mentions Charlie Kirk, who is a douche, but T.J. Kirk was badass. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Man, I thought I had an uncanny gift to connect non-music topics back to bands/songs/artists I love...but you're on another level.

I've listened to T.J. Kirk and this whole time, I just assumed the guys in the band were huge fans of William Shatner (T.J. Hooker & Capt. Kirk) 

..............the more you know..............

I have to confess something, I have played a small part in helping Charlie Kirk get his start years ago at the Roaring Fork in Austin.  

34 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Man, I thought I had an uncanny gift to connect non-music topics back to bands/songs/artists I love...but you're on another level.

I've listened to T.J. Kirk and this whole time, I just assumed the guys in the band were huge fans of William Shatner (T.J. Hooker & Capt. Kirk) 

..............the more you know..............

I have to confess something, I have played a small part in helping Charlie Kirk get his start years ago at the Roaring Fork in Austin.  

LANE ONE: Fiction becomes Olympic reality in Russia: “You arrogant ass. You've  killed us!” - The Sports Examiner

16 hours ago, HenryJames said:

So I watched the halftime show.  I saw no fucking.  I saw no same sex shenanigans.  I thought Mary J Blige could've worn something a tad more flattering to her figure than she did.  I thought my big disappointment was that the low riders never bounced, but apparently I blinked and missed all the sexual anarchy, which I would've been completely in for.  Or is "sexual anarchy" a new incel term for "wrong color" and I missed the memo?

I gave that show a 9.5/10.  Would watch again.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

Funny thing is, I didn’t find last night’s halftime show all that “sexual”.

That was no WAP.

They’re using “sexuality” as a shield. They really want to say the show was too Black.

Yep. Oh and white traitor Eminem kneeled. They didn’t like that. I really hadn’t even thought of that until today. 

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So I watched the halftime show.  I saw no fucking.  I saw no same sex shenanigans.  I thought Mary J Blige could've worn something a tad more flattering to her figure than she did.  I thought my big disappointment was that the low riders never bounced, but apparently I blinked and missed all the sexual anarchy, which I would've been completely in for.  Or is "sexual anarchy" a new incel term for "wrong color" and I missed the memo?

I gave that show a 9.5/10.  Would watch again.

Exactly. The only thing remotely “sexual” about the show was Mary J Blige not being afraid to show off her full figure.

Other than that it was just “too black” for these assholes and it was so predictable that would be their response. I personally thought it was the best halftime show I had seen since Prince and U2. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Was the two weeks of incessant advertisements about all these black rap and hip hop artists reuniting for this collaborative show not enough of a heads-up for MAGA nation?  It wasn't like the NFL said, "Be sure to watch the VISA halftime show with Michael Bolton, Barry Manilow, and Celine Dion singing all your favorite standards." and then bam, at the end of the 2nd quarter, a bunch of black dudes walk to the stage with Mary J.  and crank up the bass getting old white people everywhere madly upset.  

I didn't watch it, even though I am in league with sexual anarchy.  We had to take the kids home from the watch party and get 'em ready for bed.  But I woulda thought all the pushback would have been about Eminem taking a knee...not rap and hip hop artists singing their rap and hip hop songs like they, the sponsors, the commercials, and the NFL said they would.  Fucking white people.  Acting like they drove to Popeye's and got upset Popeye's didn't serve the Cracker Barrel menu.  

Try to imagine what a miserable existence it'd be that whenever you saw black people become a focal point at an NBA game or a football game and you start feeling resentment and contempt -- feeling like you're somehow losing ground. Bigotry is weird. And it's hard to distinguish which of these guys really feel that way or if it's just easy to sell to morons or both. Imagine having your entire week ruined because there might be a black James Bond.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Try to imagine what a miserable existence it'd be that whenever you saw black people become a focal point at an NBA game or a football game and you start feeling resentment and contempt -- feeling like you're somehow losing ground. Bigotry is weird. And it's hard to distinguish which of these guys really feel that way or if it's just easy to sell to morons or both. Imagine having your entire week ruined because there might be a black James Bond.

Right wing politicians and opinion writers have been railing against rap since at least the 90s - “my heavens! They glorify violence!” It’s sad that this crap still drives clicks. Snoop and Dre are 50+ years old for Christ sake

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Right wing politicians and opinion writers have been railing against rap since at least the 90s - “my heavens! They glorify violence!” It’s sad that this crap still drives clicks. Snoop and Dre are 50+ years old for Christ sake

hope they never figure out that my favorite genre (brutal death/slam) has lyrics.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

And they're the safest black guys entertainment has right now. All of them are Kevin Hart/Will Smith/Martin Lawrence safe. It'd currently be appropriate for any of them to co star with Adam Sandler in 'Grandma Farted 2' without scaring the market.  There were just too many of them together at one time. They're mostly irritated at the white executives who hand-picked them without whitening it up a little more. The people who constantly whine about "identity politics" are knee deep in identity issues. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I personally thought it was the best halftime show I had seen since Prince and U2. 

Same. Prince’s show is best I can remember. I couldn’t hear shit last night because the crowd noise but this one fucking jammed imo. I completely missed Eminem kneeling, somehow.  Was like being in a time warp, aside from Kendrick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"I'm aghast at how leftist wokeism has infiltrated an American tradition like the Super Balls." I bet Charlie Kirk and Shapiro don't know shit about football. I bet Ben is still wondering what a safety blitz has to do with Rommel's Panzer Division while Kirk wonders what the Panzer Division has to do with Joy Division. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Kid Rock looks (and sounds) like Father Guido Sarducci sexually assaulted Geri from Facts of Life and made her carry the baby to term.

22 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Kid Rock looks like a reject from that Oklahoma stripper Netflix show.

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Kid Rock looks (and sounds) like Father Guido Sarducci sexually assaulted Geri from Facts of Life and made her carry the baby to term.

For a while, Macaulay Culkin was doing a fantastic acting job of looking like Kid Rock

Screen-Shot-2016-07-19-at-8.08.05-AM.png

America made it 3 hours into early voting before an attempted mass shooting at a political location.  Damn, I had the O/U at Thursday after lunch.  

The nation must be all amped up with testosterone after last night's "League of Sexual Anarchy" on full display.

Sorry to crack wise, but nobody was hurt.  We all know what won't be the case before this election cycle is out.  Even if we don't admit.  

Shots Fired At Democratic Mayoral Candidate In Louisville

Craig Greenberg said that he and his staff are "shaken, but safe" after a man opened fire in his campaign office.

Sounds like legitimate political discourse to me. Candidate shouldn’t be a commie libtard and this wouldn’t happen.*

* however, let’s not rule out the shooter being just a pissed off dude mad at the candidate for banging his wife. That’s always an option.

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy