Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

The real reason people are not rejoining the job market:

They don't want a service industry job where the customers come in wearing a "Trump Fuck your feelings" shirt and yell at them about corporate policy and their freedoms while standing on private property while making $10 an hour.

There's surely an element of "thankless job, for shitty pay, with abuse heaped on me" in play here.  Shit, look at the massive exodus from the teaching profession.  Greg Abbott ordered TEA to create a "teacher shortage task force" to look into it.  Umm, Greg, you're not going to like the answer of "Abbott's minions call teachers the devil and literally slap and punch them in the face, and the outright hatred teachers are getting from those minions is a big reason many are bailing."

People will do a hard job for low pay if it's gratifying.  If it just makes them a target for hatred and abuse....fuck that shit, not for $10 an hour I ain't putting up with that shit, I'm out.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's surely an element of "thankless job, for shitty pay, with abuse heaped on me" in play here.  Shit, look at the massive exodus from the teaching profession.  Greg Abbott ordered TEA to create a "teacher shortage task force" to look into it.  Umm, Greg, you're not going to like the answer of "Abbott's minions call teachers the devil and literally slap and punch them in the face, and the outright hatred teachers are getting from those minions is a big reason many are bailing."

People will do a hard job for low pay if it's gratifying.  If it just makes them a target for hatred and abuse....fuck that shit, not for $10 an hour I ain't putting up with that shit, I'm out.

Look at nurses.  They're not being paid to "stay at home."  They're quitting because it was always a shitty job that was gratifying to your point but now add Trumpkins coming into the ER and assaulting them or some shit and that pushed them over the edge.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Look at nurses.  They're not being paid to "stay at home."  They're quitting because it was always a shitty job that was gratifying to your point but now add Trumpkins coming into the ER and assaulting them or some shit and that pushed them over the edge.

I'd argue that they don't even have to push or yell about hospital mask policy to demoralize the nurses.  Just dealing with a population that fails to recognize they are 11x more likely to die of covid without a vaccine is enough to say, "They probably wouldn't even be in the hospital if they were vaccinated.  If they don't care about their lives enough to get the vaccine why should I risk mine for them?"

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I guess I've been fishing for a good, facts-based response. I was hoping someone knew something about government benefits and what was available then versus what is available today. I know the basics; that's all.  The "stimi" and the federal addition to state unemployment benefits ended a long time ago, as far as I know.  It may have been true that some people could live off of those government benefits for a month or two back in 2020.  I don't think that could be the case today, but again, I don't know for certain and was hoping someone could fill me in.

I don't have an answer for you; likely it would take a little cobbling together from various sources. I do have a little info regarding SNAP. We give to a local foodbank, and gave a little extra last year due to the COVID SNAP benefits ending and the increase in benefit not being substantial given that some families were still struggling to return to work. Daycare in our area has been very hard hit.

I looked up the dates to be a little more accurate than my sieve of a memory. In April 2021, the USDA boosted the benefit by 15% and that ended by September of 2021. At the same time, Congress had looked into cost increases and decided to increase by 40 cents per person per meal a cost adjustment that is permanent. That began in October of last year.

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

My office has lost over 100 attorneys since Covid started. Prior to the pandemic, it was a fine line between burnout and acceptable levels of stress. Now, many don't think it's worth it. Of course, now we're all handling the extra load, causing even more resignations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Foosters said:

My office has lost over 100 attorneys since Covid started. Prior to the pandemic, it was a fine line between burnout and acceptable levels of stress. Now, many don't think it's worth it. Of course, now we're all handling the extra load, causing even more resignations. 

Related and on-topic for the thread.  I heard Martin Sabelli, former federal defender and current President of NACDL https://www.nacdl.org/People/MartinASabelli on NPR talking about why public defenders and criminal defense lawyers more generally don't receive appointments to the federal bench.  

One of the things he said was the ability of opponents to say "they put criminals on the street."  And, in fact, those fucking turds Hawley and Cruz questioned KBJ on exactly that in the nomination hearing for the DC Circuit.

Unsurprising, of course, but that is so fucking disingenuous from two more Yale Law graduates (Sabelli is one himself, as well as LSE, smart fucker) that I nearly fucking puked on my dashboard.

• Hook 'Em 3

Went to lunch with a vendor today.  We’ve had political discussions before, so we know where each other stands.  My boss, who knows I’m a lib, asked vendor about the Ukraine situation.  Dude immediately went into a conspiracy theory blaming Biden, son Hunter & Hillary.  I looked at him with an open jaw, then said “Oh my effing god…dude, you might want to broaden your news sources a bit.”  My mostly conservative boss even found his ranting a bit much.

At least I got a lobster salad out of it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Ammon Bundy arrested for fighting Big Medicine's kidnapping of children.

"Authorities said that on March 1, they were made aware that a 10-month-old was admitted to the hospital “after medical personnel determined the child was suffering from severe malnourishment.” The child, which was “able to gain enough weight,” was ultimately discharged to its parents on March 4.

This week however, police said that the child again “lost a significant amount of weight and the parents canceled the next follow-up appointment and could not be located.” Police were finally able to contact the infant’s father, who agreed to find the child in for an exam—but then failed to show up again.

Ultimately, officers went to the family’s house in Meridian, but the occupants “were uncooperative and refused to let officers check on the child’s welfare.” When a warrant was granted, police discovered the parents had left, but were later found during a traffic stop in Garden City. The Meridian Police ultimately took the child into custody and brought it to St. Luke’s hospital for medical care."

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/crime/farright-activist-ammon-bundy-arrested-for-trespassing-at-hospital/ar-AAUZkTh?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Rage+1 2

11 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Ammon Bundy arrested for fighting Big Medicine's kidnapping of children.

"Authorities said that on March 1, they were made aware that a 10-month-old was admitted to the hospital “after medical personnel determined the child was suffering from severe malnourishment.” The child, which was “able to gain enough weight,” was ultimately discharged to its parents on March 4.

This week however, police said that the child again “lost a significant amount of weight and the parents canceled the next follow-up appointment and could not be located.” Police were finally able to contact the infant’s father, who agreed to find the child in for an exam—but then failed to show up again.

Ultimately, officers went to the family’s house in Meridian, but the occupants “were uncooperative and refused to let officers check on the child’s welfare.” When a warrant was granted, police discovered the parents had left, but were later found during a traffic stop in Garden City. The Meridian Police ultimately took the child into custody and brought it to St. Luke’s hospital for medical care."

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/crime/farright-activist-ammon-bundy-arrested-for-trespassing-at-hospital/ar-AAUZkTh?ocid=sapphireappshare

Here is a little more information on this. That poor child. This is from the Idaho Statesman:

According to a Saturday blog post linked to by Bundy’s campaign, the child involved in the welfare incident is the grandson of Diego Rodriguez, a Boise pastor, People’s Rights activist and figure in Bundy’s bid for governor. Rodriguez is listed as the author of the post. After the baby’s release from the hospital on March 4, he was in the care of a pediatrician, the post said. On Friday, the boy’s mother canceled an appointment with the pediatrician because she “woke up not feeling well.”

The mother was feeling so poorly that she left home to avoid police...

Another piece I read mentioned that the 10 month old is having trouble digesting proteins which is likely the source of the malnourishment and weight loss. That is really not good, not good at all, for the baby's development. They didn't say if the baby had PKU and perhaps cannot due to privacy issues, but my Lord, how sad in our country where some folks have to fight to get adequate health care, you have people like this group (the protest group at the hospital numbered around 150).

47 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Here is a little more information on this. That poor child. This is from the Idaho Statesman:

The mother was feeling so poorly that she left home to avoid police...

Another piece I read mentioned that the 10 month old is having trouble digesting proteins which is likely the source of the malnourishment and weight loss. That is really not good, not good at all, for the baby's development. They didn't say if the baby had PKU and perhaps cannot due to privacy issues, but my Lord, how sad in our country where some folks have to fight to get adequate health care, you have people like this group (the protest group at the hospital numbered around 150).

Honestly, I'm afraid of digging into that story because I know it's going to be super depressing.

• Rage+1 1

I didn't dig any further beyond checking their regional news source for the same reason. We have friends who live in Moscow, moved there about five or so years ago--and they commented and were slightly alarmed that there appeared to be quite a few extremist religious groups (along with the usual militia/tyranny extremist groups) that were gaining sway and power. And this is from people who had lived in the south for over 20 years, so they were familiar with outlier pastor types. I haven't corresponded with them since the holidays, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left the state after their youngest graduates high school.

I did a quick google search and this is one of the groups our friends mentioned:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/02/christ-church-idaho-theocracy-us-america

It's a long article, but worth a read because this is a growing force in America.

How does one go from reporting suspicious material to the FBI to handing over the laptop to private citizen Rudy Giuliani?

That's the part that gets me. I could understand opening something on a laptop, finding something illegal and then turning it over to authorities. But how does the mind think, "You know who will actually solve this? Rudy Giuliani."

This dickhead should lose his business.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tchookem said:

How does one go from reporting suspicious material to the FBI to handing over the laptop to private citizen Rudy Giuliani?

That's the part that gets me. I could understand opening something on a laptop, finding something illegal and then turning it over to authorities. But how does the mind think, "You know who will actually solve this? Rudy Giuliani."

This dickhead should lose his business.

I worked at a major (at the time) computer retailer over 20 years ago, in the tech services department

We were not supposed to fuck around and look through files or anything unless it was a software problem that we were working with the customer on, but if we saw shit that was clearly illegal, you stop working on the computer, call the local cops, you document everybody who worked on the computer and what they did and when they did it,  and do nothing else. Maintain the "chain of custody" at all times.

Even with that, anybody that got in trouble this way, their lawyers would try and introduce all kinds of doubt as to whether the techs put shit on the computer, etc. because they didn't like the guy, etc., and basically try and show that the computer was out of their client's hands and any number of things could have been illegally done with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy