Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

42 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Who is bankrolling this shit still?

Not this fucking moron, that's who.

TL;DR.  Some dumbass decided to help out the Canadian truck protest shitfest.  Promised "reimbursement" he drained his savings accounts, etc to pay for fuel, food, whatnot. He fucked around and found out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-convoy-protest-regrets-1.6394502

Spoiler

A protester who joined the so-called Freedom Convoy, which occupied downtown Ottawa for much of February, says he regrets taking part after he lost $13,000 and his home protesting something he never really "had a stance on."

"I regret going,'' said Martin Joseph Anglehart, who spoke to CBC via Zoom from Hope, B.C.

Anglehart said he has "nothing left" after spending his life savings on gas and food for the occupiers, who disrupted Ottawa's downtown core for more than three weeks.

"I started delivering fuel and picking up laundry. Everything for the truckers." 

From Jan. 28 to Feb. 14, bank statements provided to CBC show Anglehart transferred thousands of dollars and spent thousands more at a gas station near Coventry Road — where he was stationed for the majority of the protest.

Anglehart is currently living out of his SUV, as he said his landlord kicked him out over his "point of view" concerning the protest. 

martin-joseph-anglehart.jpg
Martin Joseph Anglehart speaks to CBC via Zoom from inside his SUV, which he says is his current home. (CBC News)

'Never had a stance on mandates' 

Anglehart said he's unable to access his account because it remains frozen. More than 250 accounts linked to people and businesses involved in convoy protests were frozen after the Emergencies Act was invoked. 

Millions of dollars were donated through online crowd fundraisers, but Anglehart said he never saw a cent. 

Anglehart admits he never had "a stance on mandates" but felt drawn to the movement after he was prevented from visiting a dying friend at a Montreal hospital in June 2020 because of COVID-19 restrictions. 

After hearing about the convoy to Ottawa, he closed his web development business in January and left his home in Fort McKay, Alta. 

"[We] merged with a convoy around Medicine Hat," said Anglehart, "I thought that [it] was a cause that was bigger than me. And I thought … it was worth the effort to go." 

bank-statement.jpg
Bank statements provided to CBC show thousands of dollars sent via electronic transfer, and thousands more spent at truck stops. (Martin Joseph Anglehart)

Illegal occupation

On Feb. 11, Ontario Premier Doug Ford declared the protest an "illegal occupation."

Four days later, Anglehart said he was arrested for delivering fuel to truckers. He was soon released on conditions that he leave Ottawa immediately. 

Anglehart's Dodge Caravan was also seized. It remains impounded and Anglehart says he can't afford the costs to get it back. 

While feelings of regret take over, there are also feelings of contrition. 

"I would like to apologize to [the] people in Ottawa," said Anglehart. "I'm sorry … All I wanted was to help people."

offence-notice.jpg
Anglehart said he was arrested on Feb.15 for delivering fuel to truckers. He said police handed him this offence notice, and was told to leave Ottawa. (Martin Joseph Anglehart)

'Cost for participating' 

When hearing Anglehart's story, University of Ottawa law professor Joao Velloso said he was not surprised.

Velloso conducted his research on the ground in Ottawa during the entirety of the occupation. He was examining the anthropological and sociological aspect of the protest. 

"You may have people that [were] seeking a sense of community," said Velloso. " Everybody was tired of the pandemic … And you see people for the first time in two years … I can totally understand that." 

But there is a cost, he warned.

text-messages.jpg
A screen grab of text messages show Anglehart's plea for repayment. (Martin Joseph Anglehart)

"We are not talking about people with a lot of resources," he said, "They have their trucks, they have some funds … [but] the vast majority of the protesters …[were] middle class, sometimes low middle class." 

Velloso also points to the $300 million class-action lawsuit against protesters launched by downtown Ottawa residents and businesses.

He said it could bankrupt those named in the suit. When it comes down to all the donations, it's hard to track down where all the money went, said Velloso. 

"Not all of the people that were there received the money that some organizers received," he said. "We have no idea if there was dark money to that in the sense that other sources of funding that we don't know."

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Is there anyone in the GOP who's not a blithering moron?

Um, shouldn’t being forced to bring a pregnancy to term if it was the result of getting raped be considered a violation of one’s Constitutionally guaranteed right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, Marsha?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not this fucking moron, that's who.

TL;DR.  Some dumbass decided to help out the Canadian truck protest shitfest.  Promised "reimbursement" he drained his savings accounts, etc to pay for fuel, food, whatnot. He fucked around and found out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-convoy-protest-regrets-1.6394502

Anglehart admits he never had "a stance on mandates" but felt drawn to the movement after he was prevented from visiting a dying friend at a Montreal hospital in June 2020 because of COVID-19 restrictions. 

So medical professionals tried to protect him and possibly save his life (looks like a few comorbidities there) and that made him upset so he ruined his life. 

Seems like a smart dude. 

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So medical professionals tried to protect him and possibly save his life (looks like a few comorbidities there) and that made him upset so he ruined his life. 

Seems like a smart dude. 

I'm sure when (and not if) Trump is reelected, this will be one of the burly Type 2 men barely able to see through the tears who come up to thank Trump for it.

At one point, I kinda thought all this was just performance art necessary to grift.  Now, after the Ginny Thomas revelations this past week, I'm convinced these people truly believe this shit.

What's amazing (or sad) to me is how this many educated people in the positions they are in whole heartedly just decided to listen to the most outrageous things someone could dream up and choose to believe that was real, despite zero evidence to prove any of it.

Three weeks after the so-called “People’s Convoy” landed in Washington, D.C., the group is calling it quits after accomplishing nothing except injuring residents and circling the Beltway.

Co-organizer Mike Landis announced Sunday night that the group would pack its things up in the coming days and drive back to California.

“So what I want to know is, what do you think about heading to California?” Landis asked, to the crowd’s delight. “Sounds like a great plan,” one convoy-goer yelled back.

Landis further said that convoy-goers who remain posted up in Hagerstown, Maryland—who have experienced many freezing nights while camped out in the small town an hour and a half north of D.C. proper—will enjoy a southerly route back to California. “We’re gonna take a little more southern route, so it’s a little warmer than this,” he said.

He pledged to “come back to finish this job” in the metro area at some unspecified time, which seems highly unlikely as their crowd dwindles.

The announcement comes after lead organizer Brian Brase fled Hagerstown again over the weekend amid continued splintering within the group.

“I am not running away,” Brase said in an attempt to convince the crowd Saturday night.

Convoy organizers didn’t return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Sunday night.

Over the past three weeks, the convoy has struggled to gain traction with lawmakers in Washington. The group met only with Republican Sens. Ted Cruz, Ron Johnson, and a handful of House Republicans while never brokering a meeting with a single Democratic lawmaker despite attempts to do so.

From claiming that average D.C. residents who flipped off truckers during their never-ending Beltway loops were agents of “antifa,” to being hilariously trolled by a single bicyclist and eventually getting a permit swatted down by the U.S. Park Service, the convoy kept stepping on rakes.

“Six antifa vehicles! Six antifa vehicles,” one trucker yelled over the CB radio on March 16 while the convoy circled the Beltway and annoyed commuters as its presence triggered Metro PD to close exit ramps. “Keep your heads on a swivel!” another trucker chimed in.

During its final week in Hagerstown, the group became increasingly desperate, with two of its medics leaving and factions emerging between those who believed the convoy was “corrupt[ed]” and those who thought it wasn’t. Morale was also dropping fast, and it appeared that the $2 million raised was drying up quickly, as organizers increasingly tightened the restrictions on how and when fuel reimbursements would be distributed to truckers.

Brase, the group’s de facto leader, had previously told The Daily Beast the convoy could go on “indefinitely.” “This is a process that we are hoping to do diplomatically,” Brase said. “We’re in it for the long haul.”

“We could go indefinitely, right now, if that’s what it takes,” he concluded. “We are not going away.”

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska state lawmaker apologized on Monday after he publicly cited a persistent but debunked rumor alleging that schools are placing litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate children who self-identify as cats.

Sen. Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican, repeated the false claim during a public, televised debate on a bill intended to help school children who have behavioral problems. His comments quickly went viral, with one Twitter video garnering more than 300,000 views as of Monday afternoon, and drew an onslaught of online criticism and ridicule.

Bostelman initially said he was “shocked” when he heard stories that children were dressing as cats and dogs while at school, with claims that schools were accommodating them with litter boxes.

“They meow and they bark and they interact with their teachers in this fashion,” Bostelman said during legislative debate. “And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?”

On 3/27/2022 at 9:43 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

At one point, I kinda thought all this was just performance art necessary to grift.  Now, after the Ginny Thomas revelations this past week, I'm convinced these people truly believe this shit.

What's amazing (or sad) to me is how this many educated people in the positions they are in whole heartedly just decided to listen to the most outrageous things someone could dream up and choose to believe that was real, despite zero evidence to prove any of it.

They are trying to scare the idiots into thinking Bill Gates, etc., are trying to inject tracking chips under their skin, to track a single metric - their location, when the fucking morons are carrying around smartphones that can track their every move, can track everybody they email, call, or text with, what websites they use, what they buy, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska state lawmaker apologized on Monday after he publicly cited a persistent but debunked rumor alleging that schools are placing litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate children who self-identify as cats.

Sen. Bruce Bostelman, a conservative Republican, repeated the false claim during a public, televised debate on a bill intended to help school children who have behavioral problems. His comments quickly went viral, with one Twitter video garnering more than 300,000 views as of Monday afternoon, and drew an onslaught of online criticism and ridicule.

Bostelman initially said he was “shocked” when he heard stories that children were dressing as cats and dogs while at school, with claims that schools were accommodating them with litter boxes.

“They meow and they bark and they interact with their teachers in this fashion,” Bostelman said during legislative debate. “And now schools are wanting to put litter boxes in the schools for these children to use. How is this sanitary?”

"I AM NOT A CAT" /Mrs. Augustine's 1st grade class 

"NO SOY UN GATO" /Ms. Garza's Spanish Immersion 1st grade class 

Edited by Lobo

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They are trying to scare the idiots into thinking Bill Gates, etc., are trying to inject tracking chips under their skin, to track a single metric - their location, when the fucking morons are carrying around smartphones that can track their every move, can track everybody they email, call, or text with, what websites they use, what they buy, etc.

Pretty much this.  They have no idea how much data they hand over to Apple (or Google) each month, but if you presented them with that, they would call it fake news.

I can see some of them carrying those stupid ass Freedom Phones thinking they are secure.  Then install Facebook and open the data spigot.

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

Morale was also dropping fast, and it appeared that the $2 million raised was drying up quickly, as organizers increasingly tightened the restrictions on how and when fuel reimbursements would be distributed to truckers.

I am completely stunned.  Speechless.  I am without speech.  

Wait, no I'm not -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Fucking rubes!

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Undefeated.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

It's better when you listen to the actual dipshittery...

Fucking furries, lulz.

That's a 5 star troll job by whoever fed him this shit. Inexplicably, Mike Pence volunteered to personally investigate the matter. "Won't rest until he gets to the bottom of it all." At least we think that's what he said, it was hard to understand him, he was pretty excited.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

It's better when you listen to the actual dipshittery...

Fucking furries, lulz.

That's a 5 star troll job by whoever fed him this shit. Inexplicably, Mike Pence volunteered to personally investigate the matter. "Won't rest until he gets to the bottom of it all." At least we think that's what he said, it was hard to understand him, he was pretty excited.

Didn't the basic same thing happen in Round Rock?  Somebody complained because they heard that the schools were lowering the height of the tables in the cafeteria so that kids could lean over the table and eat like an animal without using their hands...

Edited by UTCzech III
clarity

6 minutes ago, UTCzech III said:

Didn't the basic same thing happen in Round Rock?  Somebody complained because they heard that the schools were lowering the height of the tables in the cafeteria so that kids could lean over the table and eat like an animal without using their hands...

It did.

Because is there any group of humans in history more stupid gullible than the MAGAts?  No.  There is not.

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/lara-logan-theory-of-evolution-anti-semitism-1328721/

"Does anyone know who employed Darwin, where Darwinism comes from?” Logan, now with Fox News’ streaming service Fox Nation, asked. “Look it up: The Rothschilds. It goes back to 10 Downing Street. The same people who employed Darwin, and his theory of evolution and so on and so on. I’m not saying that none of that is true. I’m just saying Darwin was hired by someone to come up with a theory — based on evidence, OK, fine.”

Evolution - Wikipedia

Cristiano Ronaldo - The Jews Did This Gif

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/west-wing-playbook/2022/03/31/the-obama-foia-timebomb-00022074

For JOE BIDEN, there have been a lot of advantages to having once served as vice president: familiarity with the office, established relationships with powerful people, and a team of advisers with relevant experience.

But there is also a distinct disadvantage: People can dig through the archives of your prior work.

Starting on January 20, 2022 — five years since BARACK OBAMA left office — inquisitive journalists, opposition researchers, and amateur conspiracy theorists began filing a barrage of Freedom of Information Act requests (also known as “FOIAs”) to the Obama library.

In fact, from January 20 through February 13, there were over 800 such FOIA requests filed under the Presidential Records Act, according to a list of the FOIA filings that we obtained through FOIA-ing (yes, it’s a verb too). Many of those FOIAs appear to have the intent of damaging or illuminating the Biden presidency rather than just looking backward.

In the age of QAnon, the majority of the FOIA requests so far have been of the conspiratorial variety.

Spoiler

The library has been flooded with requests related to pizzagate, Dr. ANTHONY FAUCI, Obama’s birth certificate, former DNC staffer SETH RICH (whose 2016 murder sparked endless conspiracies and a since-settled lawsuit against those who spread them), and numerous others.

“All documentations related to Obama’s Hot Dog Party,” went one request. “This includes all expenses, the guest list to include how many children were present, and the duration of the party.”

The Obama hot dog party conspiracy is a particularly wild one, emanating from a Facebook post of a man holding a sign about a shindig the former president supposedly threw, from which it was interpreted that hot dogs he spent money on was actually code for child prostitution.

Other FOIAs are more serious and could affect the Biden presidency. But that depends on when the documents are made public. And getting the requests fulfilled is no small task. At many presidential libraries, the queues for processing FOIAs stretch for years. Broad requests and those involving classified information can take more than a decade and there is a provision in the law that gives extended protection to information on presidential advice and appointments.

Still, ALLAN BLUTSTEIN, a lawyer with the conservative research group America Rising, filed requests for information on past vettings of judges who are widely seen as potential Supreme Court picks should Biden have the opportunity to fill another vacancy. They include LUCY KOH, CHERYL KRAUSE, PAUL WATFORD, LESLIE ABRAMS GARDNER (sister of Stacey), MICHELLE CHILDS, and SRI SRINIVASAN.

The group also asked for correspondence files for close Biden adviser ANITA DUNN and Biden’s special envoy for Iran ROBERT MALLEY, both of whom served in the Obama administration.

NATE JONES, the FOIA director at The Washington Post, requested all records relating to the so-called “Beer Summit” in 2009 between Biden, Obama, Harvard professor HENRY LOUIS GATES, JR., and Cambridge police officer JAMES CROWLEY. The Post did not respond to a request for comment.

And the progressive reporter ANDREW PEREZ requested documents about Wall Street bonuses during the financial crisis. He also requested all “emails, documents, and memos regarding "PhRMA," "Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers Association," and/or "Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America" sent and received by various high-ranking White House officials. During the crafting of Obamacare, PhRMA and the White House cut a controversial deal that exempted the industry from far-reaching reforms in exchange for cost savings that would help fund legislation.

Perez told West Wing Playbook that “we have scaled back our initial requests to help move them along. As for the motivation, we always want to see how the sausage gets made.”

One FOIA request that did catch our eye came from Blutstein. Noting the famous photo of Obama and his team in the Situation Room during the raid to kill OSAMA BIN LADEN, he requested “copies of any additional photographs taken in the same location in connection with the same mission on May 1, 2011.”

But America Rising said that request was for history rather than opposition research. Blutstein said he got the idea from the way that the photos of 9/11 were released.

Complete list of FOIA Requests

• 2 weeks later...

That's gotta be a bit.  Fuck, watch the music video...it's basically telling off the traditional establishment.  It stars Neidermeyer basically rebooting his role from 'Animal House' (he even uses some of the same lines on his son as he did with Flounder).  The kid doesn't want any part of his lame-ass traditional America.  Oh, and then there's the whole issue of the lyrics to the song being sung by a guy in women's wig and makeup.  Dee Snider, most assuredly, did not sing that song for you/us, Mr. Sessler.  

I mean, I could sorta get how you might take the video as being ironic.  Or misinterpret the lyrics.  Or not know anything about Dee Snider.  But you take all three together in concert, Mr. Sessler---it's quite obvious...the song is a dig at people like you and has been for 35 years.  The video reinforces it through a number of visual and spoken dialogue clues.  And Dee Snider also thinks you're an annoying cunt.  I mean, do we need to show you the 1984 album liner notes that say, "Though he is only 15, this album is dedicated to the 15-year old asshole, Jerrod Sessler, and the MAGA cunt he'll become in the year 2022.  We'd also like to personally thank his mom."  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's gotta be a bit.  Fuck, watch the music video...it's basically telling off the traditional establishment.  It stars Neidermeyer basically rebooting his role from 'Animal House' (he even uses some of the same lines on his son as he did with Flounder).  The kid doesn't want any part of his lame-ass traditional America.  Oh, and then there's the whole issue of the lyrics to the song being sung by a guy in women's wig and makeup.  Dee Snider, most assuredly, did not sing that song for you/us, Mr. Sessler.  

I mean, I could sorta get how you might take the video as being ironic.  Or misinterpret the lyrics.  Or not know anything about Dee Snider.  But you take all three together in concert, Mr. Sessler---it's quite obvious...the song is a dig at people like you and has been for 35 years.  The video reinforces it through a number of visual and spoken dialogue clues.  And Dee Snider also thinks you're an annoying cunt.  I mean, do we need to show you the 1984 album liner notes that say, "Though he is only 15, this album is dedicated to the 15-year old asshole, Jerrod Sessler, and the MAGA cunt he'll become in the year 2022.  We'd also like to personally thank his mom."  

These are the same people who think Springsteen's Born in the USA is a patriotic song, so I'm not sure why you bothered to type all that out, even though you are 100% correct.  

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

When I imagine the ultimate in evil, I imagine grammatically incorrect narratives so vague they can only be described as alluding to something or other about athletic conference realignment. 

To be fair the conference realignment thread on the football board is pure evil.

• Hook 'Em 2

Beau Vine---Yeah, I know...longwinded Lobo post.  I'll take well-deserved criticism for half of 'em...but we've all been doing this the last 6 years (the last 3+ for me anyways).  Sometimes you gotta talk it out with someone in real life or type it out here or whatever some of y'all do in terms of social media.  Sometimes you gotta let your brain drool out some shit so you can take a look at it or hear it out loud or let a friend volley it back to you.  

But their stupidity just projects itself onto everything.  I get projecting it onto the national anthem or Veteran's Day or respecting law enforcement.  I don't agree with the way they go about it at all and scratch my head and the irony of their disillusionment, but at least those are core issues.  It's when they just start getting pissed off at Muppets, 1984 hair metal songs, Disney cartoon characters, Mr. T's masking stance, etc.  I get they're looking for proxy wars to wage (and they're making disturbingly large advances with CRT, STEM, cancel culture, etc.).  But I mean, come the fuck on.  There's no fucking world where any of these guys even remember this song or Dee Snider (no offense to Twisted Sister).  So if you're going through the trouble of stirring up old shit, just spend the 5 minutes watching the video and listening to the lyrics and just be a normal fucking human and think, "Okay, that doesn't fit our narrative" and tell your intern to move on to the next song on the GOP playlist.  We need Slater from Dazed & Confused back to tell them, "Yeah that song's about that, man.  You didn't know that man?"  

They are angry about the most benign of American symbols---Big Bird, Bruce Springsteen, and things called books.  What the fuck?  And now they're bothering with decades old b-sides?  I feel like Steven Wright needs to voice over with a decade update

"K. Billy's Super Sounds of the 80's continues with Dee Snider's anthem to currently embroiled real estate/casino bankruptor, Donald J. Trump with this edgy cut 'We're not Gonna Take It!'....the show rolls on  with Phil Collins 'In the Air Tonight', another track that was asked not to be used at Trump events.  In fact, we have 22 tracks officially requested to be unlicensed to this future monster of America.  OOGA-CHAKA, OOGA-CHAKA!"  

After playing a RATM song, the Sirius host talked about how the country is full of idiots today.  He said, “I get people telling me they love their songs but hate their political stance. “  The host went on to say, “What fucking machine do you think they are raging against, dumbass?  The washing machine?”

• Haha 6

Dee Snider is a great American who, along with John Denver and Frank Zappa, testified before Congress and told the PMRC to fuck off. What an unlikely trio.

Also, whenever I see “RATM” I think of the KVHW song Ring Around The Moon because that’s how we abbreviated it on setlists. The “W” in KVHW stands for Ike Willis who used to play in Zappa’s band so there’s a connection there.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Weirdo.

And proud.

I didn’t post a video. But it’s a great song and they were a great band. They were only together for two years, never recorded in the studio, but let tapers put their mics onstage so there are excellent recordings of them and they’re all available for free at archive.org. They were a perfect jam band.

Similarly, as an old jam band fan, when I see “GOTV” I don’t think “Get Out The Vote,” I think of the music festival “Gatheting Of The Vibes.”

Sue me. 

Just now, Sawbonz said:

Thanks to gerrymandering this brain dead sack of shit is my congressman. Apparently also a UT alum. No elementary school teaches sex ed currently but we need a federal law to prevent it

I went to a catholic school for middle school.  Being forward-thinking, the school governing board was actually contemplating introducing some basic sex ed.  I actually showed up at the meeting as a student to speak in favor of it.  But the best moment was when one of the most self-righteous moms (her name was Pat, everyone mockingly called her "Pope") gave a rant about how our kids were too young and innocent to hear anything about these lewd adult topics.  It would spoil our pure little minds.

As she ranted, I leaned over to my mom and said "so, when I give my remarks, should I mention that we've all seen her cheerleader daughter getting fingered in the back of the bus when we're traveling back from night games?"  My mom wisely suggested I should keep that to myself.

But the rule is the same here -- his opposition to sex ed almost certainly means that his kids are engaged in all kinds of sexual activity.  Alternative: HE is engaged in sex with kids.  

I was raised Presbyterian.  At age 6, our church tasked one church school teacher and his wife with teaching sex ed to the boys and girls, respectively.  It was a very matter of fact lecture, simple biology and anatomy, nobody was embarrassed, there were plenty of questions, etc.  We all went on about our lives knowing how birds knock up bees.  (Well, maybe I got that part wrong.)

Only one of that group of ~ 40 kids ever dealt with a premarital pregnancy, and that one was on purpose, because the girls' parents didn't want her dating the guy.  They're still married, decades down the road.

I'm not thinking sex ed in elementary school is a big deal.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy