Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

36 minutes ago, F250 said:

When did Ricky Spoons join the cult?

He's been on the front lines for a while now. Here he is trying to liberate Californians from the tyrannical oppression of Jason, assistant supervisor at Newt's local Costco.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

IOW, it was little more than a redneck carnival.  Fucking losers. 

giphy.gif

But.....as the longer thread revealed, it is bringing together a disparate band of "losers," and that is a problem. Leaving Russia and their disinfo campaigns out of this, there is in its place, a platform (several in fact) for lies, half-truths, and conspiracies that go unchallenged and are promoted from within this country. All of the GOP have accounts on Gab, Parler, etc where they fuel the dissatisfaction and float trial balloons for emerging idiocracies to find the magic formula that will coalesce their group into a large enough mass to influence what is necessary to achieve their goal.

Michael Flynn has not abated, neither have any of the other usual suspects. As was also pointed out, they are attempting to mainstream nationalism, white nationalism in particular (based on the crowd demographics) and promote thinly veiled fascism as the family friendly alternative to policy that would actually change lives for the better.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

IOW, it was little more than a redneck carnival.  Fucking losers. 

Yeah, but the thread makes it clear that this carnival had broad support and the movement is likely to pick up steam. There are going to be more carnivals and more clowns and they're going to rile themselves into an idiot frenzy and we're all going to have to take a bite off of that shit sandwich. 

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If only someone could convince her that the evil folks over at Haagen-Dazs are doing the same thing

She is somewhat closer to understanding how her truck driver job is imperiled by self-driving trucks and drones but the chasm is wide and deep and I don't think she quite has the momentum to make it across.

"they already got man-made, fully-working, female robots"

Her words.  

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Trucker Convoy is about Sex Dolls.  I think they all end up at a dirtbike track with Brandan Gleeson cutting up these robots for the redneck's amusement.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I just scrolled through the movie list since it was arranged alphabetically.

I am shocked, shocked I say, that the musical movie, Oliver!, did not make their list.

It's like a Peter Navarro wet dream. You've got orphans, work houses, the criminals Fagin and Sikes, and if all the little boys just work hard and eat their gruel instead of stealing so they don't starve or prostitute themselves like Nancy then they, too, can be adopted by Mr. Brownlow Amy Coney Barrett.

Former Proud Boys Leader Indicted in Jan. 6 Investigation

A federal grand jury charged Enrique Tarrio with conspiracy in the Capitol attack last year, making him the second leader of a far-right group to face charges in the past several months.

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Former Proud Boys Leader Indicted in Jan. 6 Investigation

A federal grand jury charged Enrique Tarrio with conspiracy in the Capitol attack last year, making him the second leader of a far-right group to face charges in the past several months.

antifa!

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

Current fuel prices make it a really smart time to have a dry run truck convoy to protest against tyranny and slavery and things and stuff. 

I'm tempted to start a gofundme soliciting money to raise awareness that half of these patriots probably wont be able to afford gas to make it home** 

**raising awareness does not mean any of these stupid fucks will actually get any gas money. But I will be glad to discuss the situation with any concerned parties during my two week awareness campaign conducted in the virgin islands. 

I have a question.  I keep hearing conservatives saying that the reason for the labor shortage (and thus price increases and inflation) is because the government is paying people to stay home. The government did just straight give people money in the early days of the pandemic in 2020 and they added on an amount to unemployment benefits for a while, but my understanding is that program ended a while back.  So what are these people talking about?  Is the government still paying people stimulus payments that I just don't know about?

8 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I have a question.  I keep hearing conservatives saying that the reason for the labor shortage (and thus price increases and inflation) is because the government is paying people to stay home. The government did just straight give people money in the early days of the pandemic in 2020 and they added on an amount to unemployment benefits for a while, but my understanding is that program ended a while back.  So what are these people talking about?  Is the government still paying people stimulus payments that I just don't know about?

Sesame Street GIF

10 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I have an answer: they are liars and/or dumbasses.

It seems to me that the labor shortage is due to people realizing working in service industry jobs for $2.14/hr + tips is a shitty job to have and they can make more in other jobs.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It seems to me that the labor shortage is due to people realizing working in service industry jobs for $2.14/hr + tips is a shitty job to have and they can make more in other jobs.

This is accurate and correct. Especially the "they are liars and/or dumbasses" part.  Functionally nobody is being "paid to stay home" today.

What people HAVE learned is that it sucks to work a shitty job for not much money.  So....they don't.  Much to the shock of many self-described "conservatives," the glorious concept of the "free market" ALSO applies to labor.  And they don't like that.  They can't really tell you why, but it's something to do with communism and pedophilia and Soros.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Ask them who is going to work the shitty jobs is we cut off immigration, which is exactly what has happened the past 5 years.

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is accurate and correct. Especially the "they are liars and/or dumbasses" part.  Functionally nobody is being "paid to stay home" today.

What people HAVE learned is that it sucks to work a shitty job for not much money.  So....they don't.  Much to the shock of many self-described "conservatives," the glorious concept of the "free market" ALSO applies to labor.  And they don't like that.  They can't really tell you why, but it's something to do with communism and pedophilia and Soros.

Okay, so what are these people who choose not to work shitty, low-paying jobs doing for money?  This seems like a Peter Gibbons-type of move:  "I don't like work, so I'm just not going to go anymore.  I'm not going to pay bills either."  That makes for a funny line in a movie, but reality is a little different.  If you don't pay any bills you end up homeless. If they aren't sucking on the govt. teat and they aren't working, what are they doing for money?  Something just doesn't add up here.

Edited by Ojo Rojo

1 minute ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Okay, so what are these people who choose not to work shitty, low-paying jobs doing for money?  This seems like a Peter Gibbons-type of move:  "I don't like work, so I'm just not going to go anymore.  I'm not going to pay bills either."  That makes for a funny line in a movie, but reality is a little different.  If you don't pay any bills you end up homeless. If they aren't sucking on the govt. teat and they aren't working, what are they doing for money?  Something just doesn't add up here.

It's more that the cost of going to work is more than what they get paid. Childcare and transportation costs are probably more than what you make if you're making $15/hr or less - or you're putting your child into a substandard daycare/pre-k.

Our economy is deeply unhealthy, there's a huge portion of the workforce that have chosen to leave the workforce. Pay has been effectively stagnant since the 80's if you're not a top earner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

It's more that the cost of going to work is more than what they get paid. Childcare and transportation costs are probably more than what you make if you're making $15/hr or less - or you're putting your child into a substandard daycare/pre-k.

Our economy is deeply unhealthy, there's a huge portion of the workforce that have chosen to leave the workforce. Pay has been effectively stagnant since the 80's if you're not a top earner.

Understood and agreed.  So what are they doing for money?  How are they feeding and housing themselves?

1 minute ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Understood and agreed.  So what are they doing for money?  How are they feeding and housing themselves?

That's a good question - I'd imagine a combination of public assistance like food stamps, shelters, and family support is doing the heavy lifting. And for the folks who don't have access to any of that - homelessness. It's been a bit of a problem if you haven't noticed.

Some families are just making do with one income now.
Other workers are now in fields where they have a real long term upside, and no longer working in the service industry, etc.
Others are still unemployed and hurting.

Interestingly, we’re also seeing a decline in enrollment In trade schools and college (to develop work skills). So I’m thinking it’s a complicated-ass picture that we aren’t close to understanding yet.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That's a good question - I'd imagine a combination of public assistance like food stamps, shelters, and family support is doing the heavy lifting. And for the folks who don't have access to any of that - homelessness. It's been a bit of a problem if you haven't noticed.

So then it may be partially true that some people are relying on government assistance rather than going to get a low-paying job that doesn't make much financial sense? I haven't seen any numbers or reporting on the number of new assistance claims.  I was tracking new unemployment claims for a while.

Even if this is the case - more people living on government assistance due directly to the condition of low wage jobs and cost of living - conservatives still have an ignorant and angry approach.  They don't understand, or care to even consider, the reasons why the situation exists.  Or, they do kind of know the answer but they can't bear to admit it or they bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's not true. To most of the conservatives I know personally, entitlements/govt. assistance/welfare is their #1 gripe. They just hate the idea of undeserving people getting their money. Even though "undeserving people getting their money" is an incorrect and overly simplistic explanation of what is happening.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

It's hard to answer the question with the context of "I keep hearing conservatives saying that the reason for the labor shortage (and thus price increases and inflation) is because the government is paying people to stay home." 

It's also difficult to reconcile the claim that the government is paying people to stay home when unemployment claims are at 2MM which is consistent with pre-pandemic levels. The latest unemployment rate is ~4% which again, reflects a longer term pre-pandemic rate. A closer scrutiny of the broader unemployment rates (underemployment) would be helpful for the discussion. 

But suffice it to say that there's a benefit to conservatives to push this narrative and "welfare queens" has been a winning electoral strategy for decades. But the easily available data doesn't support such a simplistic explanation. Brisket is right, this is a complicated answer.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Some families are just making do with one income now.
Other workers are now in fields where they have a real long term upside, and no longer working in the service industry, etc.
Others are still unemployed and hurting.

Interestingly, we’re also seeing a decline in enrollment In trade schools and college (to develop work skills). So I’m thinking it’s a complicated-ass picture that we aren’t close to understanding yet.

You also cant ignore corporate america's rush into gig economy model that allows them to continue to generate profits without providing benefits.The percentages were higher than I would have guessed (assuming the data is accurate). 

https://fortunly.com/statistics/gig-economy-statistics/

There is a caste of people who do not have the mental acuity to see past the immediate picture, be it globalism, climate or jobs.   They just can't comprehend the possibilities, much less sift through the evidence and develop plans of action that can potentially make the world a better place to live.  

In the meantime our greedy corporations are plundering our resources and jobs, leaving behind a trail of waste materials, people and energy all to appease the lust for the almighty dollar.    

And that caste fully supports those capitalistic vultures holding them up as some sort of deity.  They themselves know they can never own 7 yachts, but their  company's CEO does, so by extension they can claim them too, though they will never set foot on one.     

Those are the people in that convoy.  And those are the people our Republicans embrace for their votes.  Because those are the people too dumb to see the big picture of anything, and vote by emotions, not intellect.  They live for today and hope tomorrow sorts itself out.  It always does.  One way or the other.

42 minutes ago, Genco said:

It's hard to answer the question with the context of "I keep hearing conservatives saying that the reason for the labor shortage (and thus price increases and inflation) is because the government is paying people to stay home." 

It's also difficult to reconcile the claim that the government is paying people to stay home when unemployment claims are at 2MM which is consistent with pre-pandemic levels. The latest unemployment rate is ~4% which again, reflects a longer term pre-pandemic rate. A closer scrutiny of the broader unemployment rates (underemployment) would be helpful for the discussion. 

But suffice it to say that there's a benefit to conservatives to push this narrative and "welfare queens" has been a winning electoral strategy for decades. But the easily available data doesn't support such a simplistic explanation. Brisket is right, this is a complicated answer.

I guess I've been fishing for a good, facts-based response. I was hoping someone knew something about government benefits and what was available then versus what is available today. I know the basics; that's all.  The "stimi" and the federal addition to state unemployment benefits ended a long time ago, as far as I know.  It may have been true that some people could live off of those government benefits for a month or two back in 2020.  I don't think that could be the case today, but again, I don't know for certain and was hoping someone could fill me in.

We officially shitcanned one of our drivers today for participating in a protest convoy.  He and his ilk will claim we violated his constitutional freedoms.  And when he speaks about that to the media, I’ll run his wife’s business into the fucking ground.  

23 hours ago, Chooky said:

Current fuel prices make it a really smart time to have a dry run truck convoy to protest against tyranny and slavery and things and stuff. 

I glanced through my Facebook (yeah, I know) and the impetus for higher fuel prices isn't Russia, or inflation, or a myriad of other reasons; it's because Biden ordered fuel prices raised as an attempt to keep truckers and whatnot from shutting down DC.  Otherwise, there might have been a million trucks there.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

20 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I guess I've been fishing for a good, facts-based response. I was hoping someone knew something about government benefits and what was available then versus what is available today. I know the basics; that's all.  The "stimi" and the federal addition to state unemployment benefits ended a long time ago, as far as I know.  It may have been true that some people could live off of those government benefits for a month or two back in 2020.  I don't think that could be the case today, but again, I don't know for certain and was hoping someone could fill me in.

The real reason people are not rejoining the job market:

They don't want a $10/hr service industry job where the customers come in wearing a "Trump Fuck your feelings" shirt and yell at them about corporate policy and their freedoms while standing on private property. "Uh, sir, this is a Wendy's"

In higher paying jobs people have had an awakening of sorts that working a job you don't like for incremental increases in the financial measures of standard of living is less important than a lower standard of living but higher quality of life.  How they measure quality of life has shifted.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 5

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy