Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Neo-Nazis Christopher Cantwell and Matthew Heimbach on Wednesday seemed almost to forget for a moment that they were in a court of law and defendants in a civil case that could potentially bankrupt them and take down the white nationalist groups with which they’re associated.

“What’s your favorite Holocaust joke?” Cantwell, who is representing himself in court, asked Heimbach, who was called to the stand by the plaintiffs as a witness, during cross-examination.

“My favorite?” Heimbach replied, chuckling.

The strategy behind Cantwell’s line of questioning wasn’t immediately clear, and attorneys for the plaintiffs interjected before any jokes were uttered. But Cantwell, who had previously gone on bizarre courtroom tangents, and Heimbach spent nearly an hour talking about their adoration for Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, the dictator’s book Mein Kampf, and their belief that the Holocaust was a hoax.

Hitler, Heimbach testified, “did nothing wrong” in murdering some 6 million Jews.

The exchange between the two neo-Nazis contrasted sharply with the testimony by Deborah Lipstadt, an acclaimed Holocaust scholar and professor of modern Jewish history at Emory University.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/holocaust-historian-charlottesville-rally-trial

Gwen Shamblin, creator of the Christian diet plan that earned her millions, was a huckster. She was apparently so evil that God smote her in May. 

Was her ministry about God — or about Gwen?

Gwen Shamblin Lara, who created a Christian diet plan that became its own religion, died in a plane crash back in May. That crash also killed her husband and five leaders of her Brentwood church, the Remnant Fellowship.

But an exclusive NewsChannel 5 investigation discovered that Shamblin's last will and testament — involving an estate potentially worth millions of dollars — is reviving old questions about her ministry — and her money.

"It suggests to me — perhaps I'm cynical — it suggests to me that the accumulation was not for God, it was for Gwen," said veteran Nashville lawyer Gary Blackburn, who sued Shamblin over allegations that her company fired people who would not join her church.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/gwen-shamblins-will-potentially-worth-millions-leaves-nothing-to-her-remnant-fellowship-church

What's strange is that everything about this face/style screams "I am a trustworthy Christian woman."

Gwen_Shamblin_2018_(cropped).jpg

Her church was The Remnant Fellowship Church in Brentwood, Tennessee.  According to the church's website, 

"The church features "an international community of people who are finding renewed hope, profound love and deep purpose by putting the undiluted teachings of Jesus Christ into practice. While divorce, depression, obesity and out-of-control children are increasingly the norm these days, at the Remnant we are experiencing healed marriages, increasing joy, restored health, repaired finances and children who love to follow the guidance of their parents."

Here's a photo of Gwen with her first husband:

025c0e95-415e-4546-b5bf-0bf9cd8cfeb7.jpg

She divorced him and married this guy:

38a65fb4-49ba-4b97-ae4e-7ec3d013d9ef.jpg

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Gwen Shamblin, creator of the Christian diet plan that earned her millions, was a huckster. She was apparently so evil that God smote her in May. 

Gwen Shamblin Lara, who created a Christian diet plan that became its own religion, died in a plane crash back in May. That crash also killed her husband and five leaders of her Brentwood church, the Remnant Fellowship.

But an exclusive NewsChannel 5 investigation discovered that Shamblin's last will and testament — involving an estate potentially worth millions of dollars — is reviving old questions about her ministry — and her money.

"It suggests to me — perhaps I'm cynical — it suggests to me that the accumulation was not for God, it was for Gwen," said veteran Nashville lawyer Gary Blackburn, who sued Shamblin over allegations that her company fired people who would not join her church.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/gwen-shamblins-will-potentially-worth-millions-leaves-nothing-to-her-remnant-fellowship-church

What's strange is that everything about this face/style screams "I am a trustworthy Christian woman."

Her church was The Remnant Fellowship Church in Brentwood, Tennessee.  According to the church's website, 

"The church features "an international community of people who are finding renewed hope, profound love and deep purpose by putting the undiluted teachings of Jesus Christ into practice. While divorce, depression, obesity and out-of-control children are increasingly the norm these days, at the Remnant we are experiencing healed marriages, increasing joy, restored health, repaired finances and children who love to follow the guidance of their parents."

There is a doc on HBOMax about her and that church.  She advocated child abuse.  Fuck them.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:02 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

She went super saiyan 3...2 at least

On 11/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, Bama Chick said:

That docuseries is NUTS.

They were in the middle of filming when they all died in the plane crash and there’s supposed to be more episodes in January, I think.

The best part is they were flying to a Trump rally when they crashed.

If it was lightning that took the plane down I might have to step into a church soon.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No, I realize that it could be political fodder but maybe just maybe he wants to be a good father to his children who are undergoing something very private and very painful through no fault of their own.

um, have you read about the guy? he doesn't deserve your benefit of the doubt
"But allegations against Parnell from his estranged wife had raised concerns among some Republicans about his viability as a candidate. Snell has accused Parnell of being physically abusive toward her and injuring their children on two occasions, claims that Parnell has denied."

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No, I realize that it could be political fodder but maybe just maybe he wants to be a good father to his children who are undergoing something very private and very painful through no fault of their own.

Okay, that's some good satire and I think it went over the heads of some people.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay, that's some good satire and I think it went over the heads of some people.

Actually no, that was my mistake. I'm trying to think back in the political announcements of candidates back when Trump was endorsing people left and right and I probably read it here and just forgot about him.

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy